Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Laree's Application [Approved-Ayda]

Laree

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
LareeYT

2. How old are you?
15 (Birth date is January 14th, 2003)

3. What country are you from?
Scotland

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Indeed! I love how diverse your lore is, a good roleplay needs good lore, and you've certainly provided it here.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming, to me, is using information that you otherwise wouldn't have any knowledge of IC-ly and taking it into your character's advantage. Powergaming is being a god in comparison to others without valid reasoning, and simply being omnipotent in every way. An OP character is one who always has to be in the center of attention by displaying their power, and one who always wins over others. (Example: Alex swings his sword at Missandei, taking her head off clean in one swing, killing her in the process. )

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
SirNicholas14 (Niko)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm an overall chilled out guy. I like to listen to music (mainly rap, XXXTentacion, $uicideBoy$ and the like). I'm a very avid roleplayer within other areas of the internet, often spending hours on it. I'm really friendly and respectful as long as I'm receiving the same treatment and will make friends with anyone. I'm rather competitive though, often aiming to better my peers, and I do welcome a challenge. Currently, I'm learning to code.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Unfortunately not.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found the server by the minecraft-mp server lists, looking for a roleplay server.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Ithrin Sakaar

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Ithrin has brown eyes, brown hair and sort of tanned skin. He stands at around 5'9 and has a rather fit and toned figure, though isn't overly muscular. Weighs around 160lbs.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Born a child of lower class, Ithrin knew what it was to be lesser than dirt. For most of his childhood he was kicked around and often had to rough himself through things. His mother had died of disease and his father was a drunk as a result of this, often leaving Ithrin to fend for himself. He learnt how to fight quickly, even stealing a blade and using it often times to make sure that he had food and kept it safe from the other stragglers of society. He was a determined young man, who knew how to look after himself. An old knight took him in, seeing the determination and courage in the boy and knowing he was capable of more. The knight taught him the ways of swordsmanship properly. How to hold, swing and cut with a sword were among the few lessons the knight would go on to teach a young Ithrin. As Ithrin grew, he was taught the more advanced and deep parts of swordfighting. He wasn't exactly a quick learner though. It took years of practice to learn what he was being taught.

It wasn't just swordfighting that Ithrin was taught. The knight taught Ithrin the way of Rahas, deity of Dedication, Courage, Honor, Equality, Defense of the Downtrodden, Community, Justice, and Loyalty. Ithrin thought of this deity being fitting of his path, and the ideals being ones that everyone should have, and so he took the religion in his stride. He adopted many of the ideas into his everyday life, taking a vow of honour and loyalty within himself.

Ithrin aided the knight in many things over the years, from helping with food to helping sort out some thugs. Ithrin and the knight had a special bond. Ithrin seen him as a second father, due to simply having lost track of his actual father. For all he knew he had died of disease or otherwise. It wouldn’t exactly have been uncommon.

Eventually, upon reaching the age of 16, Ithrin was rather good with the blade in his hand. The old knight seen how much progress he had made, and entrusted Ithrin with his armor and sword. Despite being old and needing much maintenance at this point, Ithrin took the gifts. It was an honor. Eventually, the knight would die of disease: not much a worthy death for a man of his lifestyle. Ithrin set out, not really being welcoming to the idea of settling down, rather he adventured and traveled, meeting people and seeing things. He's still traveling to this day, wearing the same armor and using the same sword.

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!​

✦ Your definition of powegaming is very close but incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again. I only ask so that we can be sure that you aware of what we are looking for
✦ Your written test is at 346/400 words. If you could put more into your written test to bump it to 400, that would meet our minimum requirement.
✦ I also see in your written test that the back story of your character was that both of the character's parents had died. While that in itself isn't bad, please don't let this fall into a cliche of 'My parents died, so now I'm an orphan assassin' sort of thing. This moreso isn't a "This is wrong" as just a friendly reminder.

Laree

Villager
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!​

✦ Your definition of powegaming is very close but incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again. I only ask so that we can be sure that you aware of what we are looking for
✦ Your written test is at 346/400 words. If you could put more into your written test to bump it to 400, that would meet our minimum requirement.
✦ I also see in your written test that the back story of your character was that both of the character's parents had died. While that in itself isn't bad, please don't let this fall into a cliche of 'My parents died, so now I'm an orphan assassin' sort of thing. This moreso isn't a "This is wrong" as just a friendly reminder.
Changes made accordingly. :)

Ayda

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Try me one more time for the Powergaming definition. We're looking for something rather specific. c:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Yeeees. There we go!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.