Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Laura's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Laura

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Lava_Laura

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
South Africa

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming - Applying your own knowledge to your character’s without them having any grounds to know that knowledge.
Powergaming- Taking control of another person’s character’s actions and responses. I believe it’s also making your character overpowered in an unrealistic and unfair way.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello, I’m not exactly sure what to say. I love seeing and making art, currently I’m in a few weeks long art block though. I have recently gotten a mixed breed pup from a rescue shelter, she brings so much joy to me since I got her, I love her to bits. I have written/roleplayed with my friend since we were around fourteen, I’ve never really been in a public rping community like this before. I’m quite excited to see what it’s like.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Sorry, nope

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was browsing Minecraft servers with my friend, Talkumi, and we stumbled upon this one

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Alivia Naude

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Alivia has shoulder length light brown hair and green eyes. She has freckled and tanned skin. She wears brown trousers and a dark green shirt.

(Optional) Picture of the skin:
Sorry, I still have to make the skin

Written Test!

“Alivia, ma says pa will be arriving on shore in a few days, isn’t that great!”
A grinning young 10 year old boy ran down the stairs of a small town house, pulling up his beltless pants as he did. He ran to his older sister in their kitchen and grabbed at her shirt sleeve. He threw his weight around, tugging Alivia along with him with every movement.
“Rustus! Let go of my sleeve.”
Alivia spoke in a shocked and stern voice, fearing her sleeve would tear. She set her hand on Rustus’ head and pushed him away from her. Rustus only laughed. He held on tighter and tried to move his head away from her. When he found his efforts were unsuccessful he ran around her, dragging her sleeve and arm with him.
“Rustus! Rustus you’re going to make us fall!”
Alivia used her free arm to grab the back of her little brother’s shirt. She tried prying him away from her but found her efforts futile. She was left with no choice and did the only thing left to do, fall.
She dropped to her knees then fell to the ground, taking Rustus with her. Rustus cried out at the sudden fall. He sat up after a moment and stared down at her.
“Are you dead Alivia? I’ll tell ma if you are, you’ll get in trouble.”
Alivia stayed still and closed her eyes. She struggled to keep her amusement off her face. Rustus became impatient and used his bare foot to nudge her leg, trying to get her attention.
“Alivia! You never even said anything about pa coming home soon!”
Alivia finally smiled an opened an eye, looking up at Rustus’ dirty and freckled face.
“It is very exciting, isn’t it?”
Rustus grinned, revealing two or three missing teeth and nodded.
“We’re going to be a whole family again!”
He exclaimed. He stood up and danced around the kitchen.
Alivia laughed and got up. She pushed her hair back out of her face and ruffled Rustus’ hair.
“We’ll have a big meal when he gets here, ma and I have been saving up for it.”
Rustus’ eyes lit up and he threw his arms into the air.
“Now I really am excited!”

Rustus’ and Alivia’s mother watched her children from the staircase. Strands of her mousey brown hair escaped from it’s bun and fell over her tired eyes. She smiled at them, watching them dance around at the thought of their father returning. It was always difficult when her husband was away at sea. It was how he provided for his family though. Their children didn’t wait for him while they grew up, Rustus was becoming a young man, and Alivia was now a woman. She found it sad to know their father was missing out on so much of their lives. She yearned to have him back as much as her children did.

Alivia leant against the kitchen table, her hand over her chest as she tried catching her breath. She watched Rustus continue to dance around, abundant in energy as usual. She spotted her mother watching them from the staircase and smiled at her. She felt her heart swell. She loved her family, each day was an adventure with them. Alivia turned her head and looked out a kitchen window, watching the town’s people walk by. She closed her eyes and felt the warm rays of sun on her face. She knew one day soon she would have to move out, she would have to make her own life. Rustus would grow up and take her place of helping their mother around the house. Until then though, she would treasure each moment with her loved ones.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.