Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Laws in RP

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
And I can go and kill a renatus guard and walk into Lonmar without problems
Which mirrors the situation in medieval times almost perfectly.

Edit:
To give another post medieval example:

If you went to Austria with your slave you were screwed because suddenly that slave was a free person and there was nothing you could do against it ;)

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
@Immerael and to anyone who's confused:

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/region-census-and-rp-classification.29543/

ie: If your character commits a crime (Cutting people up, killing, etc) (Edit: Correction, not just a crime, but a violent act.)- You pretty much consent to punishment from whoever's seeking to do so. Your character cannot flee to a peaceful region and claim "No consenting" there and believe Oocly that you'll be safe. Your character can be apprehended on a peaceful region if the actions in-game prior calls for it, and lead away from the peaceful region, etc.

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Thank you Solus though I was already read that but I seem to have glanced over the important detail at the end of that rule.
This includes players who begin confrontational or violent RP outside of a peaceful region, then attempt to enter the said region to escape punishment for their actions. This will not work, and it is allowed for RP consequences to follow you into that region until the issue has been resolved. For example, if a person murders someone in another region where it's allowed, then flees to a peaceful region to escape punishment, they can be tracked down to that region and dealt with. This includes violence, apprehension and even death towards the offending character. After the conflict has been resolved RPly, the parties should leave the region and the offending character/player will receive a warning from either staff or the town owner in regards to using peaceful regions as a scapegoat.
I glanced over it an had assumed it was merely discouraged to go into peaceful regions when fleeing a crime and that RP consequences would follow would be the only real consequences. It seems I was wrong. Whelp that's good to know.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Only problem about apprehending in peaceful regions and taking it elsewhere. Is that even if superiority outmatched or outnumbered, I'd put my money on the person putting up a fight before just being apprehended.

Just a problem I foresee in that scenario.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Only problem about apprehending in peaceful regions and taking it elsewhere. Is that even if superiority outmatched or outnumbered, I'd put my money on the person putting up a fight before just being apprehended.

Just a problem I foresee in that scenario.
They resist and try to fight, you stab them, they either are wounded and carried away or die in a fight to the death. Either way situation resolved RPly, que the finger wagging from staff or town owners. I only know of one instance of this happening and it was several months ago. I imagine if it became a repeat problem rules would become even stricter.

Honestly the two peaceful regions I can think of off the bat would make terrible hiding places from the law. Twilight Falls and Thiil, both are close to centers of power (Crossroads and Azerport). Thiil IC would see too much traffic to be a suitable hide out being so close to so many centers of power. Twilight Falls is right next to Rahas Incorporated- I mean Azerport. Also bad for someone to hideout away from the law for obvious reasons.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I've not been on in a long time, is Twilight Falls still a ruin or not? I would have thought ruins were the perfect place for bandits to go to... generally left alone areas, and its close enough to Azerport for the convict to escape to without having to travel long distances. You know, in case they wish to return some day (revenge or fix the situation).
Twilight Falls has been reclaimed

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
people rarely accept "you're hugely outmatched" as a completely valid excuse for others killing them in one shot... its almost as if we have to give players a chance to survive when logically they have none
I couldn't stop laughing after reading this, I won't lie.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I would like to applaud everyone for having a decent conversation about this without slat or capsingNot a joke.I'd like to hear your guys opinions on these laws we've drafted.
LAWS
  • Assault: Any action taken in aggression against a man of the warden's watch.
  • Curfew: Activity without permit between dusk and dawn outdoors.
  • Conspiracy: Actions taken with intent to harm House Zima'maloj or her interests.
  • Consorting: Knowingly aiding or assisting a criminal in any way
  • Misconduct: Theft, Drunkenness, Fighting or Raucousness
  • Prohibition: Selling, Possessing, Transporting, or discussing items from the prohibited list
  • Permit Violation: Preforming an Activity restricted to permit only
  • Identify: Refusal or inability to present Identification papers to Man of the Warden's watch.
  • Deviance: Unholy or Adulterous Behavior
  • Trespassing: Activity in area without proper permit
  • Murder: Attempt upon another citizen's Life
All Citizens and Visitors are given a book with these rules when they receive there Identification papers.

PROHIBITIONS

• Blades: More than 3lb or 6"
  • Alchemy: Potions or items of any kind pertaining to
  • Alcohol: Or similar influencing substances
  • Censored Religions: Jishrim, Visage, Rahas, and Crusade are Censored
  • Poison: Of any sort
  • Armor: Beyond 10lb or made of metal
  • Livestock: Includes pets
  • Medicine: Substances must be documented by the Chancery
  • Imports: Anything made beyond the lands of House Zima'Maloj
Breaking any of these Prohibitions Violates the Prohibition law. Depending on severity you can face multiple counts of Violation of see law.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I would like to applaud everyone for having a decent conversation about this without slat or capsingNot a joke.I'd like to hear your guys opinions on these laws we've drafted.
LAWS
  • Conspiracy: Actions taken with intent to harm House Zima'maloj or her interests.
  • Prohibition: Selling, Possessing, Transporting, or discussing items from the prohibited list
  • Identify: Refusal or inability to present Identification papers to Man of the Warden's watch.
All Citizens and Visitors are given a book with these rules when they receive there Identification papers.

PROHIBITIONS

Breaking any of these Prohibitions Violates the Prohibition law. Depending on severity you can face multiple counts of Violation of see law.
What's the punishment?

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
The plan right now is one year (OOC: one week, Minimum time skip rule) In the pen. But results may vary. Less sever crimes would be a week (One rp) in the stockades. I haven't given much thought to the punishments just yet because thats a whole bother can of worms.

CthulhuPeople

Lord of Altera
LAWS

PROHIBITIONS

Who are these laws for?

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Well OOC its to encourage law RP.

IC its because 90% of people don't understand how those things work and therefore mistakes are bound to happen. The inherent drawbacks to potion use can cause lasting effects on the user. Also theres the little thing of the city wanting to punish the citizens and keep them scared and working ect.

I know its a recipe for revolt but hey sounds like a fun rp right?!