Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lay's Application [Declined - Charybdis]

Lays

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

MotherLay

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is using ooc information to your character’s advantage
Powergaming is when your character does something that realistically they would not be able to, such as instantly killing someone.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Samwych

8. Tell us about yourself!

I am an aspiring artist and singer. I spend a good amount of time role-playing and have been for quite a while. I love to act and be dramatic, so this is my type of server. There isn't too much to me, I'm simple and easy-going.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

Sorry, I am not an artist.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

Nobody referred me

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Mairin Feredir

Character Age:

Character Race:

Forest Elf

Appearance:

Brown hair, Brown eyes, Tall, Lithe.

Written Test!

Mairin groans, the sunlight tickling her eyelids. She tossed around, trying to avoid the direct rays from the sun. Eventually, she gives in, and gets up from her bed with a groan. The lithe Elf gracefully walks to her dresser, getting dressed for the day with bags under her eyes. She moves her lamp and book off of the nightstand, into the drawer, before leaving the small, two bedroom home in her small grove. She was given a job of hunting, as it was passed down from her father, who passed it down from her father, etcetera. They all lived in a rather small grove on the forests of Altera. It had one grove Elder, who desired much from the people, yet was not very fair in rationing out food to the people around. Mairin however was kind to the deranged old man. Everyone in the Grove knew he was not quite all there, but did not want to tell him to leave his office. Mairin however, was more upfront than the rest of her kind, nature-loving friends and family. She walked up to the Elder, and told him exactly her mind ‘Listen here, geezer, we all want to equally share the food!’. Shortly, the girl was scolded, and forced out of the grove by the Elder. She does not wish to go back to the grove, and wishes to make a name for herself outside, in the cities, possibly incorporating her prior skills as a hunter

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, thanks for applying. Your application has been declined for the following reasons:
  • Impatience in regards to the time required to process your application from two separate people. Please re-read our application guidelines {here} where this is addressed.
  • Powergaming Definition: Please expand upon your definition and have another look at our {King's Law}.
  • Samych is not a person listed on our mentors list. The list can be found in the previously linked application guide in the first bullet.
  • Written Test:
    • Your written test does not meet the 400 word minimum (247 words).
    • As per our application guidelines, characters should not be more skilled that beyond a novice level when entering the world of Altera. This would include skills such as hunting, and by extension archery and bowmanship.
    • Altera is the world of our setting, and not a continent. While you don't need to know our lore {here} in-depth, a basic understanding of our setting is required. Please give some of our posts a skim.
It does not appear you have read our lore or application guidelines thoroughly. You are free to re-apply in two days (January 21st) when you feel you have a better grasp on our rules of conduct, lore, and what the requirements are for applying to the server. If you have any questions or concerns about your denial, please contact a staff member. Thanks.