Active Lazarus Snowbeard - Academic

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Lazarus Snowbeard

Conservative - Scholarly - Used to being around Royalty - Inquisitive - Eager to learn - Librarian type
"I pride myself in finding the truth in all things, yes, and write about it in full"

Key-Information
Titles:
None yet

Nicknames:
None yet

Race:
Human

Current Residence:
Storm's Landing

Social Status:
That slow, dusty, old guy that thinks too much and talks too slow

Intelligence:
Very high, with a large sense of empathy and regard of the 'bigger picture'.

Snowbeard in short:
He is an indoor man. He likes to be employed by royalty, with their great warm halls and large libraries. To be paid a good salary so he can buy good warm clothes.
Nothing about him is fast. He moves slow, his bones fragile, afraid they might shatter if he'd fall. Which is not an impossibility, to be honest.
He talks slow, he writes slow. He might go on for a century about this and that. Mostly that.
Because he is very conservative, he likes to address royalty in the formal way and will not stop when asked to just call them by their simple name.

Things Snowbeard would say:
"I write for those to whom I owe my allegiance. Those are them of high degree; those with coin. Now, if they are not present, I write for the moon and the stars, the sun and the leaves. I am the chronicler of time."

State of mind:
Conservative

Profession:
Philosopher and Academic.

Physiology:
Eye color:

Whitish grey

Skin:
Pale and the texture of parchment

Hair:
Bald on top, with a ring of very white with minimal grey connecting between his ears, sporting a magnificent long thin beard that drops to below his knees and curls up above his feet.

Ears:
Very large and flappy.

Nose:
Thin and pointy.

Height & Weight:
Very tall, about 2,20m. Very thin and lean.

Build:
His neck is straight above of his shoulders, his shoulders perch out to the side not unlike a bird. His thin neck makes you wonder how the weight of his long beard is not too much for him to bare.
He looks fragile, about to break from old age. Perhaps he's just a very nice person, to have been blessed to be able to live this long in this state? Only the Gods know!

Posture:
A bit bent, perhaps because he's so easy to bow to people.

Identifying marks:
His big flappy ears
His enormous long white beard
His thin, frail and tall body

Appearance:
You see him walking through the library, a very tall man, but as slim and lean as a twig. His arms and legs are like sticks, his hands folded in front of his chest. His skin pale, its texture like parchment. His beard white, the hairs thin of age, so long that it would reach the ground if the tip didn't curl up an inch above his feet. The sight of him makes you wonder how he's still alive.
He looks like a guy that could sit in one spot in the library for a month, gathering dust, writing and reading, as if time around him goes slower.

Scars:
None yet

"My ideal employer must be of high renown, of coin, and in need of a man of truth by their side to report on their behalf"

Ethics and Motivation:
Personality:
He's a friendly guy, who would go out of his way to help a stranger.

Writing books
Looking at books
Categorizing books
Smelling books
Giving advice to other people

Dislikes:
Violence
Loud noises
The wild and untamed
Fast moving objects

Values / Ideals:
There is no pure evil, everyone always has some bit of good inside, at least a speck of it.
Never take more than you need, and share that which you have in excess.
Never do anything for nothing.

General Attitude:
He likes to observe, write down thoughts, trying to grasp the situation in its fullest complexity as best as possible. Resulting once again in long, never-ending sentences, that seem to go on forever without an end and most of the time he repeats the same thing using different words, stretching through time, slowing it down, to the point that you're still reading this and now start to get the gist of what I mean.

Religious Inclination:
Visage

Alignment:
Find out in RP!

Short term goals:
Find an employer with coin, for whom he may write books, as a chronicler of time itself. Preferably the kingdom of Sangria.
Get access to the fallen star to study it, or perhaps perform an experiment on it.

Long term goals:
Ohhh he's got some, but don't bet on it that I'll tell ya!

Completed goals:
x

Qualities and Flaws:
Strengths:
He's a friendly bloke
He's got plenty of things to talk about
He's very intelligent
He's tall, so he can reach high places.
Got great hearing
Doesn't mind doing tasks that take a lot of time.

Fears:
Horses
Any type of monster
Fast moving things

Weaknesses:
He is very slow
He can't fight at all, would probably break into a thousand pieces instead.
He's tall, so he can't fit small places
Can't see much further than the tip of his fingers.

Hobbies:
Exploring cultivated nature
Collecting bugs
Smoking his pipe
Everything to do with books.
Philosophizing

Languages:
Common

Profession:
Scholar / Chronicler / Scribe

Peaceful or violent:
Always peaceful

Combat training:
No way, josé!

Possessions:
Animals:
None yet, but would like a pet bird of some kind.

Owned Homes:
None

Jewelry:
A golden ring with a dark purple stone in it

General Wealth:
The wealth of a philosopher

General Inventory:
Glass jars to keep bugs in
A notebook
A flask and cup
A jar of small cookies, sometimes mixed up with the bug jars EWL

Prized Possessions:
His current notebook

Relations:

Revered:
Who?

Respected:
Ventare Seymour - ShaolinPunk - "The prince of Sangria, son of Cymic, lord of Halbed. He has offered me a place at his court and a position of librarian over a new built library. I shall be honored to accept."

Befriended:
Who?

Liked:
Laisa - Samiwashere - "A clever girl, very much so. She is young and would under some guidance be able to become quite the academic, I'm sure. She was brought up by a certain 'Leo'; by the sound of it a very knowledgeable man."
Verasar - Lavilethorn -
"What an intelligent fellow. He is researching the heaven-rocks that have fallen to Altera. I met him as he was writing a piece on theories and experiments regarding these fallen star's rocks."

Disfavored:
Who?

Feared:
Who?

Of places:
- Storm's Landing -
"The hub of the world, it would seem! An impressive cathedral, a lovely tavern, but too many steps for an old man to walk up and down on!"
- Sanardu -
"I had to stay over to wait for the boat to Halbed and happened across a cozy place called the Leviathan's Den. I hadn't expect the ladies downstairs and almost got a heart-attack! Otherwise, the town is lovely and warm, good for my old cold bones."
- Halbed -
"A very very cold town. Indeed king Cymic chooses his capital city in an inhospitable environment. I may hope the library will have enough hearths to heat the place up, or I might freeze onto my chair!"

Skin:

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
09.jpg
Timeline:
  • Arrives in the new continent. At Storm's Landing's Tavern he hears of research on falling stars. Immediately interested, he goes up to the Cathedral to do his own research. There is no star there, but there is Ventare Seymour who offers him a job as librarian and scholar at the Sangrian court, which he gracefully accepts. He heads out to Halbed.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Few updates already including three relations.

I think it's very important to have some key-aspects so I get to RP this guy right. His key-aspects are:
- Always very inquisitive and looking for the truth in things ranging from a speck of dust to the very stars falling on our heads.
- Always very formal and abiding by the conservative rules of dealing with people of different standing.
- Always very friendly and emphatic to those around him.

ShaolinPunk

Lord of Altera
Timeline:
  • Arrives in the new continent. At Storm's Landing's Tavern he hears of research on falling stars. Immediately interested, he goes up to the Cathedral to do his own research. There is no star there, but there is Ventare Seymour who offers him a job as librarian and scholar at the Sangrian court, which he gracefully accepts. He heads out to Halbed.
I'll get on finishing the library in the next day or two for yah boi