Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Leaving with a KABOOM! -Not Leaving Personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
To answer your now pondering question, no I am not leaving the server. This is a rant/stand up for all of you who keep complaining. Now I know I probably don't have the rights or permissions to post this kind of thread, but I am anyways. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, for I'm still prefer to be really nice. At this moment, I am sick and tired of this negative, "I'm leaving the server," or, "I don't like change," kind of threads. With recent players leaving, and more and more players becoming sad about their loss of friends, the "Gone Traveling" Section has been filled with spam, and hateful messages towards the server, and it's staff.

What I'm trying to say here is it isn't the staff's dang fault for players leaving.

When someone posts a Leaving Thread, a lot of you are saying your goodbyes, and begging them to come back. Stop the begging. This player, either him or her, has decided to leave the community either maturely with a simple, "I'm leaving, bye," or immaturely by complaining about the server's new ideas. With the immature farewell from the now retired player, it has caused the admins, not naming, a lot of stress. Everyone is pointing fingers saying, "It's all their fault." when in truth it isn't. Sure, I'll admit I don't favor a few new changes, but listen, change isn't always a bad thing.

Now, what I want, us, the players to do when another one of us leaves is to simply say, bye with a few words maybe getting their skypes to stay connected with them. I don't want anyone to beg. So say farewell to old friends, and stop this TnT explosion of drama.

Secondly I would like a lot of you guys to say thank you, or nice things about the admins in this thread here. http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/thank-you.14952/ Maybe share a good personal expirence about an admin. Just make them feel gooey inside.

Also if you wanna blame someone other then yourself, or the server, feel free to blame me. I rather take the stress of my friends taking the chaos of blaming off their shoulders.

Thanks, Abbey.

(If this was uncalled for, please delete it. I'm sorry for causing this little complaint. Feel free to scold me on TS)

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
In my opinion, I think we should just live and let live. The people with hateful comments probably won't change that, since the may feel that they need to justify their departure by trying to prove others to be wrong. We should just reassure the people who are staying, and just let all this bad mojo pass by.

jrk190

Legend of Altera
Abbey, to be honest, I'm glad you posted this. I'm sick of all of these people leaving because of various reasons. Many people idolize one Admin, and then they leave when he does. You have to remember, it's not about the Admin, it's about the server and community. Now, don't take me the wrong way, I love all of the Admins, Moderators, and Especially Cherbert, who pours all of his time and effort into this server. Hiring a web designer is not cheap usually, and considering how nice the forums look, I'm sure that he paid a pretty penny. Also, the Server is virtually Lag-free most of the time, and he pays his own money when donations aren't received to keep it like that. And many people who leave and post about it only encourages more people to leave. I just want every member here to know that we care, and that leaving Hollowworld is just not the way to go if you dislike change.

Tantara

Resigned Admin
What I'm trying to say here is it isn't the staff's dang fault for players leaving.
Actually, that's the only reason for which I'm leaving. You haven't heard both sides.

Also, to whichever admin deleted my farewell post: why? I didn't say anything rude or confrontational in it, I simply expressed my regret for current events and appreciation for the good times.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Cannot like enough. Seriously, this is incredible and I just want to huug you. All this drama had me in a bad mood for ages and this has cheered me right back up, thank you so much *hugs* you're the best :D

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Actually, that's the only reason for which I'm leaving. You haven't heard both sides.

Also, to whichever admin deleted my farewell post: why? I didn't say anything rude or confrontational in it, I simply expressed my regret for current events and appreciation for the good times.
Whining, and complaining result in nothing. Continuing to stay on the forums and causing drama is immature. I didn't ask for your side, and sorry but I don't really care.
Saying goodbye for the server = Farewell Forums

Now stop posting.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Cannot like enough. Seriously, this is incredible and I just want to huug you. All this drama had me in a bad mood for ages and this has cheered me right back up, thank you so much *hugs* you're the best :D
It's my job, Auntie Sally. Yo-ho and a bottle of chocolate milk! (I can't have rum. :confused:) A few simple words can go far to change the actions and thoughts of others! :D

jrk190

Legend of Altera
HEY, I AIN'T LEAVIN'! :mad:
*looks at her post* Darn, I thought she really was. No, but in all seriousness, the drama needs to stop. If you're leaving, then get out, staying will only make things worse...
Edit: This is to everyone, not abbey :p

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
And please do not PM me with swears, and reasons why my post is false. I know I don't have both sides, and I know I signed up for blame. As I will state now, I'm loyal to the Kingly Bert.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
This is like some dang Civil War with taking sides. Except not blood and gore, just cyberbullying and spammers. I accept all who leave, for I don't know their reasoning, but I would prefer for others to understand as well. Handly it maturly and not leaving with a bang is all I'm asking for... I'm not trying to hurt anyone..

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
Drop it.
Abbey, hopefully you take what I say into account.

Saying you dont care about someone elses side.... Im not going to call you ignorant, but what do I call that?

As you can see, not only do we "cause" drama, so have you all.

Sure, a few of us are here to check the forums. You all are on our forums, banning people here due to a misprint on the forum?

Shall we make an agreement, here and now? Enough with the drama, drop it all and lets continue to pursue what we are all here for, in our own personal ways and not judge one another for their versions of searching. Fun.

Im ready to drop it all, and move along with things. What do you say?

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
live and let live. .
but... but... that was when you were young and your heart was an open book.
Now you should just say live and let die :p

Sorry I could not resist the terrible song pun there. Also I agree with you abbey, there is no need for people to go crazy with their leaving posts and give a load of grief before they leave.

S

Stevey

If someone leaves they should not spit on the server as they go out - understandable. But if they simply leave and don't cause a lot of stink then they don't deserve to be spit on their way out either - and that's what's happened to a few of my friends now.

If they have been a member of this community for a long time, surely they are allowed to express and/or hint at why they want to leave in a well mannered fashion? Besides they would tell their friends anyway.

So heres that rug you ordered Abbey:

You have shoving to do...

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
princess.png
Here you are my darling abbey :heart:
I spent all day on it for you xD thank you again for being such a wonderful person.

Edit. Sick of drama. Wont bother.

Sherbzz

Stop worrying, Everything is OK..

Drama, drama, drama!
I thought you had left??

Status
Not open for further replies.