Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Leontius Hostilius-Herennius

AmparoCastaway

Legend of Altera
Leontius Hostilius-Herennius
- The Smol Bard of Astrakhan -

This beautiful drawing brought to you by Samiwashere :D

Basic Information

Nickname(s)
Leo (Everyone); Pomegranate (Family); Pom (Friends)

(Birthday in late July)

Ethnicity
Asrakosian

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Religion
Leo doesn't follow the Gods all too closely, as he sees them more as mere tales than literal, all knowing beings. Occasionally, however, when he needs to pull himself out of something ugly, he'll find himself praying to Ignis or Sallana.

Moral Alignment
Lawful Good. Leontius is a strong believer in law and balance. He wishes for all to be well and equal, and therefore tries his hardest to be fair to everyone.

Personality
Leontius is, in every definition of the phrase, an immature child. Although Leo cares a great deal for others, he finds much amusement in their misfortune. He will never hold in his laughter and openly boasts about his accomplishments. Leo occasionally plays what he qualifies to be harmless pranks, which only adds to his childish reputation. He does, however, know where to draw the line, and cares greatly for all people’s safety and well being.

The man believes in a strong law and moral, therefor he is usually one to obey rules, especially those put forth by his brother, Theodosius, whom he greatly admires.

Unlike much of his family, Leontius doesn't understand a thing having to do with the military. He finds comfort in arts such as poetry and music, and Leo is often found playing on his ukulele outside his home in Astrakhan.

Leontius is most definitely a hopeless romantic; the moment he meets a single woman, he begins to wonder whether or not they'd work as a couple. When in a relationship, Leo is very much dependent and loving. The bard is a good companion (so long as you don't cheat on him). He bases most of his poetry around lost or unrequited love, along with the depression he faced while in Iskron.

Traits
Optimistic or Pessimistic?
Optimistic

Introvert or Extrovert
Introvert, but hides it well

Daredevil or Cautious
Daredevil

Logical or Emotional
Emotional

Working or Relaxing
Relaxing

Confident or Self-Conscious
Confident

Indoors or Outdoors
Outdoors

Physical Description

Height
6’1" (185 cm.)

Weight
135 lb. (61 kg.)

Eye Color
Sea Green/Light Emerald

Hair
Light, reddish-brown; often tied in a bun, but occasionally flows down to his shoulders.

Body Description
Leontius prides himself mostly on his facial looks, not so much with every other part of his body. He is tall and slender in the legs, though his arms and torso do have some muscle due to the exercises he’ll do with his cousins.

Facial Description
With high, slightly hollowed cheekbones, a sharp nose, and bright teeth, Leontius prides himself on his decently good looks. He has a fair complexion and bright, captivating eyes, which only adds to the dapperness of his exterior. Recently, he's been allowing a short-length, curly beard to grow in.

Distinguishing Features
A small, raindrop-shaped birthmark on his left cheek.

Familial Ties
"House Herenii"

Close Family
Mother-Julia Herennia, Father-Sextus Herennius, Brothers-Theodosius and Antonides Hostilius, Sister-Vibiana Herennia (NOT FINISHED)

Stories
  • When Leo wasn't much older than nine years old, he couldn't stop eating pomegranates. The sweet fruited stained his hands and clothes and its taste followed him everywhere. He announced to everyone in the family, including his friends and servants, that he would eat nothing but pomegranates for the entire week (which, of course, is years for a boy his age). He never followed through on this claim, but his father found his affinity with the fruit so humorous, he called Leo "Pomegranate" to adulthood. The nickname faded and came back multiple times, but whenever someone calls out that word, he'll turn his head to attention.
  • Leontius learned to play the lyre in school at a very young age. This then sparked a fascination with all sorts of stringed instruments; he learned to play the harp, the guitar, the violin, and, his current favorite, the ukulele. When he was eleven years old, Leo desperately wanted to go out with his elder brother, Theo, and Theo's friends. Their mother made him stay at home, however, and Theodosius was free to leave. To the soft tune of his harp, Leontius wrote his first song, titled, "Julia Herennia is a Bitch." Its (clearly) never been performed, he's quite embarrassed of it, and he remembers little of the lyrics. Leontius loves his mother dearly, but sometimes that tune will get stuck in his head, to this day.
Relationships
Theodosius Hostilius-Herennius: "My wondrous brother and leader, I wish you luck during the hard times you trudge through. Don't fight alone; we're all here." Blorbis83

Faer'iira: "You've given me my nephew. For this, I won't hunt you down and slaughter you like hound."

Tania Herennia: "I'll miss you, little niece. You were sweet and your cheeks were soft. You made me laugh. I wish you well, and no matter what I saw or you hear, I hope the same for your mother." StarWillow2000

Carling Montilyette: "You're a wonderful young woman, Carling. It's a pleasure to know you, and to soon call you family. Treat my cousin well!"

Elion: "You don't return my letters, and I am not sure whether I care. Either way, I hope to hear from you, El." Maestroart

Antonides Hostilius-Herennius: "Thank you for being my best man, brother. Fight well. You're a leader." Old-Seadog

Nonus Herennius: "Cousin! Crack that shell of yours; relax and loosen the tense in your shoulders! Why so tight, so serious? You've returned, you're well, everyone is relieved! Welcome back, Noni. I'm glad to have someone in the family who shares my love of music and art." Maestroart

Celeste Herennia: "Wait--okay--so you were . . . And now you're . . . But who . . . ? Gah, screw it. Good to have you back, sis!" Francesca

Titania: "I hate you. You are peculiar. I can see how you're capable of being kind and decent, yet you choose to be everything but. Relax, Titania, have some fun. We're your friends. We care about you . . . Even if you insult our every movement." Old-Seadog

Violet Rittor: "Ahhh- my glorious wife and friend. An infinity of words comes to mind when I hear your name." MelodyComplex

Ayre Zhylarice: "I don't see you around much, anymore. Hopefully we can speak again soon." MeowCow_

Cedlas: "I like you a lot, Cedlas. You're respectable now; a true changed man. I value your friendship." Swiftspear

Boetius: "You seem like a wonderful man; very talented and
knowledgeable and kind. It was fun, camping with you and everyone." TheDuples

Jon the Barkeep: "JOOOOON!!! JON, JON, JON, JON, JON! POOR MI SUM WINEEE! Talking to you is easy, since you don't talk much yourself. I think you're a pretty good guy."

Davis the Bunny: "Sometimes at night I just sit and listen to your breathing. It's soft, like the fur atop your back. Gods, Davis, nobody understands why you're so important to me. I don't understand why you're so important to me. But you are. Thank you, rabbit, for being my friend."

Last edited:

AmparoCastaway

Legend of Altera
Gallery
(Stuff I found on DeviantArt that looks remotely close to Leontius)

Leontius taking a stroll through Astrakhan.

Leontius (right) dealing with a man who . . . Uh . . . Didn't like the song?

Themes
(Adding a song to whatever aspect of him it relates to. Whether that be a trait of his, or his feelings to another character . . . PS- somebody teach me how to make spoilers!!!)

Overall Theme

Romance Theme

Combat Theme

Last edited:

MelodyMusica

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
If I get a chance sometime soon Violet will come and chat with him for a bit.

Love your character by the way!

Maestroart

Loyal Servant of Altera
Elion: "Gods, you're . . . Something. Something extraordinary and momentous; something I can't seemingly comprehend. I love you, I think. To have you in Astrakhan will be brilliant."
Davis the Bunny: "You. Are. Everything. My heart and soul, my right arm and left leg. To lose you would be to lose my mind, dearest rabbit. Now if only I can get Violet to give me full custody of you . . ."
That moment when a guy cares more about a BUNNY then his GIRLFRIEND..