Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lets talk about 15+ (D&d 3.5)

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
So my players have cleared level 15 (After gaming with the same chars for about 5 years) and Between loot and near epic level classes I sometimes struggle finding monsters for combats that present either
A.) A challenge lasting more than 6 rounds.
or
B.) non-Crazy OP and unfun enemy who wipe the team no problem

Also general high level 3.5 go.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
http://dndtools.pw/classes/ultimate-magus/. - Fire themed mage. Very versatile. Excellent at fighting a lot of enemy.
Home brew Gunslinger class - He is there primary DPS dishing out 45 damage averages at range.
http://dndtools.pw/classes/drunken-master/ - A few home-brew abilities akin to lion totem barbarian play style
http://dndtools.pw/classes/swiftblade/ - Haste and slow, Also often invisible and teleporty. Your basic rouge/wiz mash up.

Given the amount of time in game they break the mold of there normal niche's but not terribly. There biggest weakness is no healer.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Dude, that's CR 26, for a level 15 party.
Blazefire (Su): Living creatures taking Damage from a shape of fire’s incorporeal touch attack find them-selves ignited with blazefire; white-hot, lambent flames cascade over their bodies, and they must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 37) or permanently lose 10 hit points. The opponent must continue to save every round for the next 6 rounds (7 rounds total) to avoid being permanently drained of 10 more hit points each round. The shape of fire heals the same amount of Damage whenever a creature is drained, gaining any excess hit points as temporary hit points. These temporary hit points last a maximum of 1 hour. If the opponent is slain by blazefire, only blackened ash remains of the victim. Hit points lost to the blazefire never heal naturally and cannot be magically restored—they are gone for good. The save DC is Charisma-based.

No. No. Bad. Bad fire puppy.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
that would fall under...insta party wipe.

also. It burns all the things it loves ;-;

Raith

Lord of Altera
Dude, that's CR 26, for a level 15 party.
Blazefire (Su): Living creatures taking Damage from a shape of fire’s incorporeal touch attack find them-selves ignited with blazefire; white-hot, lambent flames cascade over their bodies, and they must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 37) or permanently lose 10 hit points. The opponent must continue to save every round for the next 6 rounds (7 rounds total) to avoid being permanently drained of 10 more hit points each round. The shape of fire heals the same amount of Damage whenever a creature is drained, gaining any excess hit points as temporary hit points. These temporary hit points last a maximum of 1 hour. If the opponent is slain by blazefire, only blackened ash remains of the victim. Hit points lost to the blazefire never heal naturally and cannot be magically restored—they are gone for good. The save DC is Charisma-based.

No. No. Bad. Bad fire puppy.
yeah I noticed that a while ago, but got too lazy to change it.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
then again you can always make up your own monsters that fit the bill. it is a game that uses your own imagination anyways
This any DM I've been around will usually make his own or find an effect that buffs an existing lower CR monster up by a lot and surprises us. Though I'm a Pathfinder guy.