Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lets talk about Fireworks and Gunpowder.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
If it's a vanilla item it's not lore forbidden.
^ this

Gunpowder can't be mixed together, because a few key ingredients are missing from the world. It can, however, be gathered in the finalized inseparable form from Creepers and Ghasts.

yes there is lore coming on everything, hold onto your butts

Yes, fireworks and TnT exist. You can certainly "fill a barrel with gunpowder", although it probably won't have the 'boom' effect you envision and more a 'sparkle crack pop spark" effect.

(Before someone brings up Enderpearls- yes, yes I am aware, yes it is included in the world, yes the effects are being posted soon)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Gunpowder can't be mixed together, because a few key ingredients are missing from the world. It can, however, be gathered in the finalized inseparable form from Creepers and Ghasts.
wait.

Creepers.
... creepers exist. what in. what are they.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
@Gaby

Every anti-us mob there is in vanilla minecraft exists IC. Endermen, spider jockeys, and from what I infer, so will the new boss mob and his Guardians, which I am excited to learn about IC. They are found ICly anywhere they are found OOCly. Meaning until another SS-esque laboratory is set up, likely only going to be seen in the Sorrowlands.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
in the Sorrowlands, with all the Undead from Skraag.
What material are ghasts? ... puffy? Are they like ghosts? Or, are they really flying squidlike things that scream at you? Perhaps they're similar to Creepers because they both yield gunpowder?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
What material are ghasts? ... puffy? Are they like ghosts? Or, are they really flying squidlike things that scream at you? Perhaps they're similar to Creepers because they both yield gunpowder?
Really, really specific questions on things are probably unlikely to be answered because it's both time-consuming and over-specific, and doing it for everything is really hard.

Sometimes people can just have a bit of leeway to presume one way or another as long as it doesn't confer an advantage.

Like, for example:

Likely: This material is heat resistant.
Unlikely: This material's specific heat is 1500 deg celcius.