Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Letter to House Lydel, every living halfling, and the people of Cochran

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Friends, Neighbors, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, and all who care to know.

I, Cedric Morgonorick Ferris Fellowchap Lydel, Have the displeasure and painful task of informing you all of the parting from our world our dear friend and brother Andel Lydel.

Andel was a troubled spirit and I know many of you have your feelings about him. Some even hold him solely accountable for house sterling's perches of our homeland of Lydel. But I ask you to look past that in this time of grieving and remember Andel for the halfling he was…

I never had a chance to meet our father Habin Lydel. He died when I was very young. But Andel was lucky, He learned so much from Habin and he passed that on to me. We were raised as young halflings by our uncle Honch. And he was a kind sort but I personally believe I owe more to Andy than I ever did to Uncle Honch.

I have never claimed to be strong, or brave, or even wise. I have many shortcomings more than most perhaps but what I lack Andel always had and in enough supply to lend what he could. He protected me as a child, and again as a man.

I have worked tirelessly to find a new home for us all. And rest assured my halfling brothers and sister I will. We will have a place to call our own, but I want need you to know none of it would be possible without Andel. He may have turned our home into what it is now. Cochran. But I ask you this.

The poor, the weary, the suffering people of that slum would have NO WHERE to turn if not for Andel. Your pains are selfish. You are no better than the ones who have looked down upon us for generations. Humans, Caparii, elf. All the Tallfolk suffer just as we do, so do we ignore there suffering?

No. Andel knew this. He did everything he could of as many people as he could. not just us. Not just his family.

He will rest easy forever. He has changed thousands of lives for the better and saved coutless more.
Including mine.

So please when next you turn looking for someone to blame, When next you sleep hungry at night cursing the day know this. Andel was there for you, and now he is gone. We can either learn from his selflessness or suffer in its absence.

The lydel family sigil has always been the scroll and quill so mark this my family,

From this day forward we are not Lydel not for ourself. We are lydel for andel. We are lydel for all who need us.

Ddaug02
BoredBrit
Sarai Knotwise
anyone with a known Halfling char