Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

LINKOFA777's application [Approved - Charybdis]

LinkOfA777

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
LINKOFA777

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I would define metagaming as making decisions/actions based on information that your player character would have no means of knowing such as using a posts on a forum to blackmail another player.

Powergaming is trying to use rp or any medium to dictate the actions of another player and remove their ability to react, enforcing a specific result-- basically changing a cooperative experience into a narrative/novel. This can show up as role-playing that an action against or towards another was successful without giving said player an opportunity to role-play their reaction to the power gamer's action. Powergaming can also be forcing others into role-play situations that they do not want and would otherwise never take part in.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Charybdis

8. Tell us about yourself!
I enjoy reading and have read the 'Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson three times. I enjoy playing RPG's such as dragonquest. While I do not currently have any pets I used to own a lizard before it died of old age. Inventing names is something I struggle with.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
jonmitchell

Character Name:
Graditel Izbrzani

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Graditel Izbrzani is a short man at 5'6", crowned by a head of black hair streaked with occasional glints of gray. His body slim but muscled from manual labor. Brown eyes gaze at the world around him seeing not that which is but that which might be.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Not available yet.

Written Test!
As a young child I was fascinated with the transformation of natures bounty into strong lasting bastions of humanity, the way that towers built from stone belied their humble beginnings to touch the very sky! Bridges those most ingenious devices; they knit individual bricks, which could never in their highest aspirations enable others to cross such breaches in the land, together into a form greater than the sum of its parts. How I yearned to construct such devices, why I would design marvels such as the world had never known! … How my foolishness and the brashness of youth deceived me to the lesson taught by those selfsame edifices—the necessity of each individual brick and a strong foundation. Studies and book learning during adolescence were intolerable, how could the instructors teach at such a trudging pace? Finally my cup of wroth with the instructors was filled to overflowing and I was assigned to travel and learn first hand my craft. Full of overweening pride I set out on my glorious mission post-haste. Travelling east I soon found a modest bridge and recalling the necessity of crossing rivers I chose to study its construction, planning to gather and construct my own bridge to show my instructors their error… I spent a full three years in this task before admitting my failure; unwilling to return I continued to travel. Such vistas the cities offer, from the humble homes of peasants to the marble palaces of royalty, the grand docks of busting trade centers! Recalling my charge I joined work gangs, after all with my talent any project would be simplicity itself… Again, failure, humiliating failure, how could laying stone be so difficult? Finally an elder mason showed me the importance of patience, the infinitely complex and minute details previously escaping my vision. How lacking my own capability to reproduce such structures; realization and humility struck, I was not the completed monument but a mere brick. Finally returning to my sod as a grown man, I enlisted in the army to hone my craft and contribute to my nation. After all if even a hewn chunk of rock can bridge the gap between reality and possibility, so can I. And this time no detail will be too low, no pace too lumbering. Castles and forts, roads and trails do not construct themselves in a day. And no force of nature of man will collapse what I build ever again.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello. Your application is looking all good. All I would ask is that you expand upon your powergaming definition a bit more as it's correct but a bit narrow/incomplete.

Please reply to this thread when you'd like me to look again. Thanks.

LinkOfA777

Villager
Charybdis,

Thank you for the feedback, I have updated my definition of powergaming. I would appreciate it if you took a second look. Thank you for your time.

From,

LINKOFA777

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+