Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Littlej1580's Application [Declined - Squidziod]

Littlej1580

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Littlej1580
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I would say that it is breaking character or not playing along with the world of role play. Further it is using outside influences or information to circumvent the role playing of the game. Multi boxing, power leveling or taking advantage of the game mechanics.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)
8. Tell us about yourself!
I am married with a fur child named sophie (Bernese Mountain Dog). i play minecraft mostly but also play Eve online every so often. I live on the east coast of the US.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
There are a few builds that i am proud of. one was a massive tree/fairy house that was 130 blocks tall and about 40 blocks wide at the base. I just built my first cathedral on another server and was very happy with it. I also replicated a very large castle on a vanilla server so even though it wasn't an original idea it took me a couple months to build and looked great.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I lover epic world gen and did a search for servers with it.
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Harold Stewart

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human Race, Rugged mountain clan

Appearance:
Brown Hair, Facial Hair, Builder by trade, engineer by craft.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!With the clan wars in the north coming to an end, and many clans scattered to the four winds, new alliances must be made. Boundaries have been lost, smaller clans have been dispersed and new lands are open to the brave adventures.

One clan in particular, the Stewart Clan, coming down from the north eastern mountains, has started sending its bravest to tame the wilds and find a new home for their people. Forced into hiding in the mountain they long for the hills and fields to farm and build on.

Harold, son of Rowland, the clans master builder, has been his father's apprentice but no longer is he just an apprentice. Since his father's death in the wars he has had to take the role of his father in the hopes that he has learned enough through the years. Over the last couple days, the remainder of the clan has agreed that it is time. Time to head out in search of a new home. With is tools, plans and his closest friends at his side, Harold ventures out to test his skills in the wild.

It has been just over a fortnight since they last left their families in search of a new home and traveling far through inhospitable terrain, Harold and a group of men push on not yielding to the aches and pains of travel. They have been lucky so far, only a few encounters with the wildlife and only minor scrapes. Facing the encroaching winter and scares food stores, he is pushed to find and start construction. But he must first survive the cold nights and many dangers that lurk in the shadows and caves.

After an long push to clear a small but steep mountain peek they get a glimpse of vast open plain and a rolling mountain range to the west. They will head for the base of those Mountains. These were not like the mountains they had grown up in the past 5 years. These mountains had seen many winds and rains and have been warn down, covered with many trees, grasses and streams.
This could be the place, this could be where they can finally leave the rocks and caves they have been in for so long. Hiding was never the Stewart way but to save the clan, Rowland had led them into the mountain 5 years earlier to survive the final battles. Survive they did, but it has taken it toll.

Setting up camp in haste of the encroaching night, the men hear howls off in the distance and quickly start their fires. Tomorrow can't come soon enough, tomorrow they make this land their new homes.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Welcome and thank you for applying! Your application is off to a good start, although there are a few minor things I'd like you to look over first:
  1. Metagaming and powergaming definitions need to be revised. We're looking for two separate definitions, so if you could make them more defined that would be great.
  2. Your story is actually fine, I would however prefer if it ended in such a way that your character was more on his own instead of with these mystery clans (since no such clans exist in game.)
Once you've made the proper amendments, message here and I'll take a second look. Thanks again!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I'm very sorry, but I must decline your application for inactivity. You are perfectly free to re-apply, however, should you do so please consider the amendments posted above. Thank you for your time!