Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lizzie's (Artesya) Application!! [Accepted - ToastySpam]

Artesya

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Artesya

2. How old are you
?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I define meta-gaming as having knowledge that your character would otherwise not know and using it in the game or roleplay you are in and giving yourself or another player an unfair advantage. I would define powergaming as finding ways to control or change a narrative you shouldn't have control over such as someone else's character actions in a fight or otherwise. This also includes making up random characters that were not originally apart of a story just to make your character look better in some way, shape, or form.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, like many servers X-Ray mods or texture packs are unfair to others who do not have them and take away from the overall gameplay as well as create an unfair advantage because the person or people with the X-Ray can get to other things such as resources before players without.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I mainly listen to musicals as my main source of listening. Most of the time when I am not playing Minecraft I play the Sims, Stardew Valley, and other sandbox-style games. As for hobbies, I do a lot of theater and singing as well as sports. I have 1 dog, 2 cats, 4 chickens, and 2 fish in my house at the moment ad they are all very sweet.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do a little building though I am better at gameplay and writing stories.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was looking for new servers and this one stood out to me more than the others.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • The written portion of the test is required to be a 400-word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, the Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Aretsia Stark

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Hair: Rich brown hair with slight highlights
Eyes: Emerald green eyes
Skin color: Light Beige
Height: 5'6 or 167.64cm
Weight: 130lbs or 59kg
Clothing: Short Medieval style dress. Green skirt, white sleeves, brown leather vest/corset(not actually a corset but it was the closest word I could think of.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

I was looking for new servers and this one stood out to me more than the others.

Artesia has grown up hearing stories of adventure and magic. Her father owned a tavern in a small mostly unknown village. Since she can remember Artesia had been listening to the travelers tell their stories both real and fictional. Working at the tavern has given Artesia some basic survival and social skills. Her father had been taking care of her since Artesia's mother had died. She was a loving woman that was in a tragic accident. Before her mother died, Artesia's mother had taken her on walks through the forest and told her stories of the old wars and ages.

After many years of working in the small tavern in a small village, Artesia was finally allowed to leave her home and explore the lands of Altera. On her last day at work, her father threw a big celebration. The entire village went and had an amazing time. there was a lot of partying and drunken men. Even though the party was for her, Artesia didn't stay very long. She had quickly said her goodbyes and packed her things. Before leaving however she took a walk around the village. After aimlessly walking around for an hour or so, she ended up at the Cemetary. Artesia stopped at her mom’s grave and knelt down next to it

“I’m doing it mom, I’m living your dream,” Artesia said softly as a tear silently fell down her cheek. She heard footsteps behind her and quickly stood up and turned around. It was her Father. He was carrying her small pack and a small knife.

“When you left the party I had a feeling you would end up here. She would be proud of you,” He said with a soft and sad smile. Atresia took her pack from her Father and gave him a hug.

“I know,” She said as she wiped away her tears and let her father go. He still had the same smile on his face. He took Artesia’s hand and put the dagger in it.

“It isn’t a very good weapon but I couldn't let you leave with no protection,” He had started to cry by then. Tears streamed down his face as he tried not to break down “how am i meant to run the tavern without you” He said with a pitiful chuckle and a sniffle.

“The same way you always do,” Artesia said with a laugh. She kissed her father's forehead and took his hands after attaching her dagger to her bag, “I love you and once I get settled or find a place to stay for a while I promise I will come back and visit everyone.” Her father smiled and said goodbye. After a few more tears, Artesia was on her way out of the village and towards her dreams.

When Artesia got to the top of the hill she had been walking up since she left the sun had started to rise. She looked back at her home with sadness. She had never known anything other than the village and the surrounding forests. She was also happy though. Artesia was finally doing what no one else wanted to do or could do. It was exhilarating to be out on her own in the world. While growing up Artesia had noticed the changing environment. Over the years the birds had gotten quieter, there were fewer and fewer crickets and frogs making noises in the night. Now that she was in the forest those problems became a lot more apparent. It was a lot quieter than she expected. Nevertheless, Artesia kept on her way, walking towards her dreams and possible her worst nightmares.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Last edited:

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Hey! Thank you for taking the time to fill out an application. Unfortunately, before we continue, I'm going to have to ask you to revise your definition of powergaming.

Artesya

Villager
Thank you for getting to my application so quicky. I changed the definition and checked over everything else to make sure it was okay.

Last edited:

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. The server IP can be found here.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.