Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

looking for a Pathfinder for Dummies.

Sos

Lord of Altera
So, some of you may or may not know that Ive been looking into tabletop RPGs for the longest time, but have never got around to do it. There are a variety of reasons for this, mostly laziness but timing plays a factor.
So with chri-December rota in hand, I decide to write this up.
I'm looking for a Pathfinder for Dummies one-off to solidify my understanding of the rules. Like a few tabletop games I have played, I have a basic understanding for the rules but to truly comprehend the rules, I need some brain-muscle memory.

But Sos! Why don't you just go onto Roll20 for an intro game?

A brilliant question, Voice-in-me-head, but remember the last time I tried to learn a game with random people?

Oh, you brought a beginner tau and he brought.... two... wraithnights... Point taken.

On top of the fear of the sink-or-swim Dm style of teaching, I remember @Michcat mentioning something about a "noob sign here" game in-

Sos! Thats so rude to bring that up before you know anything!

Well, there are other DM's on hollow world... and I have about a two week window I could do stuff in so I'm asking for a possible time table. Which is this weekend (starting November 28th) for just less than two weeks (12th?, I'll check)

Well, Now thats out the way, I wrote a list of things I might need to clarify before anyone has a half hour discussion on "but its cool/it's too complicated"
  1. I've printed out a pathfinder character sheet... do I need duplicate?
  2. Do I need to stick to the races and classes in the core book? because I'm really quite drawn to a tiefling Inquisitor and neither of them are in the core book.
  3. Will I need to sign up for a site? mostly a formality.
  4. how much coffee will I need? rough measure.
  5. Anyone else coming along?
  6. Anything else I need? aside form pen and paper?