I am Wake

It took a lot to get here
Legend
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Frostbloom
- - - -

In the furthest northern reaches of the Eastern Continent, large mountains of snow and cold stand as they have done since time unknown. The land has become home to fauna that have became adjusted to the freezing weather... but as has some flora.

The Frostbloom is an extremely rare flower that can only be found at the tallest summits of the great northern mountains. They are aptly named, due to their unique frost-like appearance. Their stalks powerfully resemble cold frost itself whilst the anther looks like tiny icicles. The petals are deep purple with light purple edges.
This appearance stops creatures from eating the flower for consumption (such as mountain goats), as it would simply taste like eating frost and ice in miniature form. The petals still attract designated bugs to deliver the flower it's much needed pollen, though due to the location of the flower, few flowers manage to survive as only subspecies of bees and butterflies can survive the intense cold.

The flower itself cannot survive far from a freezing temperature, as the frost it grows around the outside of the stalks can only sustain itself in cold temperatures. Should the flower be removed from it's natural location of a mountain or a cold environment, the petals will wilt and fall whilst the stem itself melts and leaves the flower no chance of survival.
They could be used as decoration flowers if the person lives on the mountains of the north.
Frostbloom would especially be good decoration around an enchanting table, as Elementals of Earth are attracted to it.

The flower has no alchemical value known. Frost and ice simply melts into tiny, plain water drops.

Frostbloom was discovered by members of the Kingdom Sangria.
Members of The Adventitious attempted to bring the flower back to Halbed upon it's discovery, but the flower melted once the faithful of Jax reached the bottom of the mountains into the tundras. Disappointing as it was, they found it had more value since it could not be removed. Attempt after attempt was made to bring the flower back to Halbed until one day it was achieved and the flower was bought before King Cymic_ Seymour.... where it uncannily melted in the victors hands into water. The embarrassment of The Adventitious over the melted flower that day meant nobody had attempted to move the rare flowers away from their mountains since.
Recently, Lemarc discovered the flower when climbing a rather peculiar mountain near the coast..​

Cymic_

Lord of Altera
I mean, cool, but you didn't really ask me to use anything Sangria in this. The Adventitious is the congregation of the Sangrian Jax church, i have no idea why they'd be wandering the mountains for flowers.

I am Wake

It took a lot to get here
Legend
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I mean, cool, but you didn't really ask me to use anything Sangria in this. The Adventitious is the congregation of the Sangrian Jax church, i have no idea why they'd be wandering the mountains for flowers.
There be treasure in them mountains. Hell, I don't know, I thought it'd surprise you as you own land with mountains in them. They weren't looking for flowers in mountains originally- that isn't the point of discovering something... if you know it exists, you cannot really discover it!
Would you rather I remove it and just say Lemarc found it? It was my original idea, but I thought I'd include Sangria =/

Cymic_

Lord of Altera
There be treasure in them mountains. Hell, I don't know, I thought it'd surprise you as you own land with mountains in them. They weren't looking for flowers in mountains originally- that isn't the point of discovering something... if you know it exists, you cannot really discover it!
Would you rather I remove it and just say Lemarc found it? It was my original idea, but I thought I'd include Sangria =/
Nah just talk to someone next time if you plan on using their character/faction/region

Solus

Solzilla
Staff member
Server Owner
Heya, I realize we've not responded to this. Lore submissions on flora are currently closed. And I don't believe it'll reopen any time in the near future NIAH

Much of this would need lore approval and adjustments for it to work out, ie- earth elementals being attracted to it. I'd suggest finding foliage that grows in caves or in milder snowy places in the real world near european lands as a base for your region's flora lore, instead.

NIAH

Secretly Elz
Retired Staff
Oh my! I did not see this. Please tag me for lore things like this so that theyre not lost, but Solus has the right of it. Submissions for new flora and fauna are currently closed. :(

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
There will be a post when or if they ever open. THey are not currently.
Ah okay, I'll look out for it!
Maybe good to move all threads about lore submissions to one sub-category of the forums so the lore people know what they got to work with also from months ago? Just a suggestion.
I'll stop the necro now :p Thanks for the quick answer!