Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Lore Contest] Constellation Art

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

Hello lovelies!

A long time ago, Faelin made a thread about constellation names for Altera { here }. Later she released the post about Astronomy, and as some of you may notice, it is still incomplete.

I am coming to you with a new Lore Art contest! Below I will list a large number of constellation names and artists that want to participate can choose from the list which ones they wish to do!

Here's how it works.

• Choose 6 - 8 Constellations
    • Korog's Hammer
    • The North Chalice
    • The Crone
    • The Dancers
    • The Sisters' Tree
    • Sxoki the Farmer
    • Eye of Silas
    • The Silver Crown
    • The Great Bear
    • Grief
    • The Spider
    • King's Cross
    • Draco
    • Jingles
    • Pilgrim's Path
    • The Portal
    • Gryphon's Wing
  • Using your artistic ability and creative minds, create individual representations of each of the constellations that you have chosen
    • The Constellations need to look like they are part of a matching set. So backgrounds and style must be similar for each.
    • They must be separate images and not one large image with eight constellations on it
    • The name of the constellation must be written somewhere on the image
    • Make 'em stylish ;)
  • Submit your entries to NIAH and Solus via forum convo
  • Once the deadline is up, we will post a public voting thread to choose the winner!
    • The winner will be decided by a poll on the thread.
    • The artists names will not be revealed, to protect anonymity.
  • The winner's constellation artwork will be added to the official Astronomy page and a radiant reward given to partcipants.
    • 1st Place - 30,000r and artwork added to the lore page
    • 2nd Place - 10,000r
    • 3rd Place - 5,000r
    • Every artist who enters, even if they do not win, will receive 1,000r for participation.
  • Deadline for entering is February 14th.
  • Voting will take place for one week and winner chosen on February 21st.

I am disappointed that there is no constellation called Dunder Mifflin. Obvious corruption is obvious.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Already have an entry and it's only been a few days. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest to come! :)

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Work and school and other have prevented me from this.
But here's a reminder to all that this ends tomorrow.
I can't wait to see what people did tho :heart:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Officially 3 entries currently. I know another one is being worked on. Hurry hurry before time runs out! :D

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Today is the last day! We are up to 4 submissions! I will close it out at 10pm EST.