Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore Department Survey #1 - Core Races

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
*pops up, sitting on his rock* "Rock roleplay?! Genius!"

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Further rock puns will be crushed to gravel and deleted, this is a discussion thread and not a pun thread.

Also, you guys are posting some low effort material. Get your game together.

Raith

Lord of Altera
Further rock puns will be crushed to gravel and deleted, this is a discussion thread and not a pun thread.

jeeze, if you got rid of all the puns then this would turn into a... BARON wasteland

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Nut_Jooce
Nut_Jooce
Before making new races, I think the lore team should fix all the lore pages. The moor elves have no lore at all which is very frustrating and why I haven't been playing my moor elf character very much. Moor elves are my favorite race and it seems like the population is decreasing due to the fact that newbies who take a walk down races and cultures boulvevard don't see anything about dark elves. This makes some dark elf characters feel recycled because it's the same people playing them over and over and over. Speaking for myself, I feel it's hard to know what the boundrys are if there is no page on the race. Another reason, is that I was playing a dwarf character for about a week and having a really good time, when I was told that the character was not-lore-friendly and the official core races page was "outdated." I ended up scrapping the character in frustration and that was the end of him. So, please fix the core races page before making any new ones, even though I most definately want the new races.

Last edited:

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Amen, mate. That's the plan.

The Moor Elves example is actually my fault at this point - Solus has actually got the lore practically ready for release, I've just not had the time to go through it to give the thumbs up and ensure final edits.

The rest are also very much on the cards for update, hopefully in the next update at the end of this month along with some Flora/Fauna and Science/Technology threads, or failing that with the next update at the end of November.

Further action (or otherwise) on races will most likely happen in around the same timescale to keep things cohesive. :)

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Nut_Jooce
Nut_Jooce
Before making new races, I think the lore team should fix all the lore pages. The moor elves have no lore at all which is very frustrating and why I haven't been playing my moor elf character very much. Moor elves are my favorite race and it seems like the population is decreasing due to the fact that newbies who take a walk down races and cultures boulvevard don't see anything about dark elves. This makes some dark elf characters feel recycled because it's the same people playing them over and over and over. Speaking for myself, I feel it's hard to know what the boundrys are if there is no page on the race. Another reason, is that I was playing a dwarf character for about a week and having a really good time, when I was told that the character was not-lore-friendly and the official core races page was "outdated." I ended up scrapping the character in frustration and that was the end of him. So, please fix the core races page before making any new ones, even though I most definately want the new races.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good

I dunno, I thought they rocked.

Will the survey results be released once the time's up?
And it is likely that they will be, but I'm leaving the format and timing up to Cherry.