Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lucy's Application [Rejected - Cukie1/K9]

Lucy_Cat

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)
Lucy_Daynes
2. How old are you?
(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)
14 (almost 15)

3. What country are you from?
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)
England

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)
Metagaming - To talk about something that is not in the game
Powergaming- To try to maximising progress towards a goal, but at the same time forgetting to consider storytelling, atmosphere, etc.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)
223hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)
My name is Lucy. I like Sports, writing, reading, gaming and Rolplaying. I don't have a specific type of music that I like. Along with minecraft I play: The sims 3, Roblox, episode interactive. I don't have any pets. However I would LOVE to have a dog or cat!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)
This is an extract from a srtory I am writing (Girl In The Flowers):
Look at her. So oblivious to reality, so stuck in her thoughts. How innocent. But there's something wrong, that look in her eye is almost... sad. I picked up my backpack and walked off the path and into the field of flowers where she lay.

What am I doing? I can't just go up to her. I can't ruin another girls' life, not again.

Turning away, my flask fell out of my pack and clattered to the ground. I held my breath in anticipation as seconds ticked by.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.) I looked up 'Fantasy RP servers on minecraft'
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
MacKenzie (0r 'Kenzie' for short)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf
Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Hair: brown, wavy, long
Eyes: Grey-blue
Skin tone: Tan
Extra: tall, thin, pretty

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.) (Attached below)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

(From MacKenzie's POV)

Rich reds and oranges tinted the deep blue sky as the light flooded through my window began to cease. There was a soft knock at my door and my brother's lean figure strode through the frame and into the room. "Are you ready?" He asked, shifting his weight so he was leaning against the wall. "We shouldn't be doing this..." I replied not knowing what I had agreed to do the night before, but getting the feeling it was going to be bad nonetheless.

Arguing with my brother was hopeless, once he set his mind to something it was impossible to dissuade him. So we were once again regressing to the mortal realm.

"We're nearly there," He called, breaking my chain of thought. "come on!"

"We're nearly where? I questioned him furrowing my brow as I did. "You never said what we were actually doing in the mortal world!"

"It's simple," he stated plainly as though it was obvious "I make a human girl fall in love with me, make her give me her everything"

"And then?" I asked A cruel smile spread across his face, "And then I break her." My face went pale and my heart stopped for a second. My brother was not a forest elf, He was a silver elf. We share the same father, but have grown up together. He can be just as cruel as a silver elf, but, either way we were on our way to the mortal world to ruin a girl's life... what fun.

Attachments

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
A few things to look over:
-Metagaming and powergaming definition are incorrect.
- Absolutely no magic in the test. There is no separation between realms.
-Test is short 253/400

Lucy_Cat

Villager
Here are the edited questions:

Metagaming - Metagaming is an "out of character" action where a player's character makes use of knowledge that the player is aware of but that the character is not meant to be aware of.
Powergaming- A gamer who learnes the rules of a game to perfection so that they can become the best at that game.

Sweat poured down my face, my limbs were aching, my lungs... burning, the words "run" pounding in my head. These were the last words I remembered before I blacked out...

I could hear voices, but I could hardly see anything. The room was spinning, coming in and out of focus. Two blurred figures were standing above me; my parents, I guessed. I tried to move but paralysis gripped at me. My throat was dry, making every breath a stabbing pain. Another blurry figure stood above me, saying words to my parents that I couldn't quite catch. My head throbbed, and my heart pounded. I closed my eyes trying to block out the blinding light that pierced through the haze. I couldn't take it, I gave up and let myself slip into a deep consuming sleep.

Reality Broke up into fragments, and memories of what had happened came flooding back.

The wind howled through my bedroom window, knocking my glass over, the water soaking my carpet. Groaning I got up and walked to the window.

"Damn thing." I moaned, picking it up from the floor, and walking over to close the window, narrowly avoiding being smacked in the face.

Just as I was closing the window a scrap of paper flew in with a gust of wind and fluttered to the floor. I picked it up, holding it to my desk light.

' We know who you are, who you really are.'

A shiver ran down my spine, and I peered through the window hoping to catch a glimpse of the messenger. How could they know? I tried so hard to stay hidden...
I swallowed the lump in my throat as I continued to read.

' Meet me at the edge of the forest at 12 tonight, or I expose you... it's your choice.'

I sucked in a breath, adrenaline pumping through my blood. It was already 11:50 and the forest was a fifteen-minute hike by foot. Not wanting to waste any time, I sped downstairs, snatched my jacket and dashed out the door before I had a chance to change my mind.

It would only take me a few minutes if I took my bike, So I grabbed the blue hybrid and set off.

When I was about two minutes away the ground became rough with sharp rocks. My bike was not good on off road and I knew if I continued any longer on this terrain my tyres would burst. I dismounted, my boots hitting the hard, uneven floor below. As I walked along the into the tree line, I suddenly had the uneasy feeling that something was watching me...

There was a rustle of leaves from somewhere behind me. Spinning around to face whatever had created the disturbance.

A sharp pain stabbed the back of my neck and I let out a shrill cry. Blood started to trickle down my neck and onto my shirt, making the blood blossom across the fabric. I slowly turned my head to face my assailant.

There was a man standing there, Features chiselled and exact. He stood, peering down at me. A malevolent grin crept across his face showing blood stained teeth that were enough to give anyone nightmares. He tilted his head slightly and stepped closer. he raised an arm to reveal a silver dagger, he then jammed it into to my back causing me to cry our in pain. I fell to the ground as he darted away from me, back into the night. I got up slowly, dazed from blood loss and stumbled to where my bike was standing and collapsed once more.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
-powergaming is incorrect
-bicycles are too modern for our time frame, Please remove this.
- no violence in the test.

Lucy_Cat

Villager
Powergaming - is a style of interacting with games or game-like systems, particularly video games, boardgames, and role-playing games, with the aim of maximising progress towards a specific goal, to the exclusion of other considerations such as storytelling, atmosphere and camaraderie.

Sweat poured down my face, my limbs were aching, my lungs... burning, the words "run" pounding in my head. These were the last words I remembered before I blacked out...

I could hear voices, but I could hardly see anything. The room was spinning, coming in and out of focus. Two blurred figures were standing above me; my parents, I guessed. I tried to move but paralysis gripped at me. My throat was dry, making every breath a stabbing pain. Another blurry figure stood above me, saying words to my parents that I couldn't quite catch. My head throbbed, and my heart pounded. I closed my eyes trying to block out the blinding light that pierced through the haze. I couldn't take it, I gave up and let myself slip into a deep consuming sleep.

Reality Broke up into fragments, and memories of what had happened came flooding back.

The wind howled through my bedroom window, knocking my glass over, the water soaking my carpet. Groaning I got up and walked to the window.

"Damn thing." I moaned, picking it up from the floor, and walking over to close the window, narrowly avoiding being smacked in the face.

Just as I was closing the window a scrap of paper flew in with a gust of wind and fluttered to the floor. I picked it up, holding it to my desk light.

' We know who you are, who you really are.'

A shiver ran down my spine, and I peered through the window hoping to catch a glimpse of the messenger. How could they know? I tried so hard to stay hidden...
I swallowed the lump in my throat as I continued to read.

' Meet me at the edge of the forest at 12 tonight, or I expose you... it's your choice.'

I sucked in a breath, adrenaline pumping through my blood. It was already 11:50 and the forest was a fifteen-minute hike by foot. Not wanting to waste any time, I sped downstairs, snatched my jacket and dashed out the door before I had a chance to change my mind.

It would only take me a few minutes if I took my fathers horse and time was of the essence.

When I was about two minutes away the ground became rough with sharp rocks. I was not good an experienced rider and I knew if I continued any longer on this terrain I would most likely fall of. I dismounted, my boots hitting the hard, uneven floor below and tied the rains to a tree. As I walked along the into the tree line, I suddenly had the uneasy feeling that something was watching me...

There was a rustle of leaves from somewhere behind me. I spun around to face whoever caused the disturbance.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Powergaming definition is still incorrect, perhaps look to approved applications for the proper definition used here.
Ans just for safety, may you be able to explain the paralysis?

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
That's not the definition we use here, is why I said to look through other applications. That doesn't explain the paralysis, only that it happened. Please, explain why they were paralyzed.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
wait... is powergaming having god like powers?
That's part of it, yes, but the definition we mostly use is forcing a player character into an action, example being
*Jared stabs Charles and kills him instantly*

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
ok... did I make get whitelisted?
I would still prefer to have the paralysis explained, as I did mention to not put magic in the test and there's no reasoning behind the sudden paralysis.

Lucy_Cat

Villager
I don't mean they were literally paralysed, i just mean they couldn't move because of their injury, which would occur later in the flashback, but as I can't use violence in the test I did not include that part

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Hi Lucy,

I'm here to unfortunately reject your appeal for whitelisting on our server. Over the past 24 hours, you've demonstrated a plethora of traits that we discourage heavily with regards to new players. These include, but are not limited to; Impatience, impertinence, an inability or unwillingness to read the information provided about the test application, and an inability or unwillingness to read the background information provided about the server.

Because of these highlighted issues, I am personally unsure if you suit this community. If you feel the opposite is true, then I encourage you to re-apply after a week or so has passed, with a full and new application. The qualities that this test should show are qualities that counter the things I believe to make you an unsuitable member of this community.

Thanks.

-K9