Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lyrin Falenmor [Approved - Paint]

Lyrin Falenmor

Villager

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
CloverlessRobin
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The US

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes I have
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is having information that you as a person know but your character doesn't know and letting that character have knowledge on that subject when they should know none. Powergaming is basically forcing an other Character to do something like *Slices their chest so they drop their weapon* this takes away more diversity between roleplayers instead something simple like *Slices their chest* gives the other person creative space to think of something to do next.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko
8. Tell us about yourself!
I mostly build or roleplay, the last server I was on shut down so I was looking for a fresh start with a new character :D I mostly enjoy hanging around taverns and plazas in game reading long ingame books or getting drunk, out of game I listen to alot of Joji and manage a discord server, I don't play a lot of other games except for Skyrim and Dishonored, I really love Skyrim's lore and everything and its what got me into roleplaying.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yeah I attached two files down at the bottom, you'll notice they're both unfinished, I mostly get bored with big builds and migrate over to something else
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Just looked through some server lists and this one looked promising and had a good player base
About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Lyrin Falemor

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Brown eyes with brown hair and beard, Striped tunic with gloves and leather sholderpads, black leather boots aswell, smal hood attached to tunic, belt to store things.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!Lyrin knew the journey would be long, he urned for his small tavern room back home but he knew he couldn't go back, he had promised them and keep that promise he would. Lyrin gazed out over the horizon searching for any sign of life in this cold cold wasteland but alas he found none, adjusting his backpack he trudged on trying to keep the small amount of hope he still held onto.

Looking onward he wasn't aware of anything going on around him, so when an arrow whizzed right past his face he was a bit frightened. Lyrin turned to see who or what shot at him and came face to face... well face to face is a bit of a stretch, he had to tilt his head down to be able to see this small creature that just shot at him and then it clicked "Ah you're one of them halflings aren't you?" after Lyrin spoke the small creature just nodded and reached for another arrow, seeing that it was the same kind of arrow as the one that shot him Lyrin simply snatched the bow from the halfling and looked at it "Are you trying to kill me?" Lyrin asked this question angrily seeing as he had come this far and wasn't going to die just yet, yet again the creature just nodded and tried to take the bow back, knowing the things intentions Lyrin snapped the bow in half dropping it into the small creatures hands, the creature now sadly looking at the 2 pieces of the bow just dropped onto its knees and looked torn at what to do, "Look what you've done" it cried, Lyrin was very confused, "You were trying to kill me" he said slowly, "I just wanted whatever you have on you to support my family it said" Lyrin heard a clink and turned around to see another halfling behind him trying to pry something off this belt, "Hey! Stop it!" he yelled and in his confusion while turned around the other halfling not sobbing anymore but smiling with an ominous grin unsheathed a small dagger and lodged it into Lyrins leg, the pain shot through Lyrins whole body and he cried in pain keeling over, the world around him started to fade and he felt himself blacking out right before he blacked out he heard a voice say "Hey! Get off him!" with approaching footsteps following.

Lyrin woke up in a dimly lit room with a wet cloth on his forehead and a bandage covering his leg, "Where am I?" he asked dazed, a tall man with white hair and silver armor walked into the room and sat in a chair next to the bed "You're safe don't worry, I saw you get attacked and patched up your wounds whilst you slept" Lyrin smiled "Well I appreciate it alot, I'm Lyrin" Lyrin extended his hand and the man took it and firmly shook his hand. Lyrin stayed with the man for a week and they drank and had long talks until Lyrin's leg had healed, Lyrin bowed "Thank you for letting me stay here Argor" Argor looked back and the shrine from his armor was almost blinding, he smiled and said "Thank you for listening to an old mans tales" and with that Lyrin was off.

My two builds > http://imgur.com/a/YY09N

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello Lyrin Falenmor -

I'll be the Mentor handling your application today. Unfortunately I've noticed some details that will require editing before I can accept your app.

1) Your definition of both Powergaming and Metagaming are incorrect please review our definitions on them.

2) We do not allow you to apply with advanced armour so that will have to be removed on both the skin and the application itself.

Warm Regards:
-Paint

Lyrin Falenmor

Villager
Hello Lyrin Falenmor -

I'll be the Mentor handling your application today. Unfortunately I've noticed some details that will require editing before I can accept your app.

1) Your definition of both Powergaming and Metagaming are incorrect please review our definitions on them.

2) We do not allow you to apply with advanced armour so that will have to be removed on both the skin and the application itself.

Warm Regards:
-Paint
The skin was a request so I just got a new one entirely. The application is updated so look over it again please :D

Lyrin Falenmor

Villager
Still looks like plate armour to me.
I'm not gonna use it as plate armor and I'll be defenseless as if I'm using just a tunic, I'd be fine with using a skin if the server has default ones, this was the only other skin I could find that suited my standards.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.