Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mandres's Application [Declined - Charybdis]

Mandres

Lord of Altera
Villager
Mandres
Mandres
Villager
Mandres's Whitelist Application

lXbHwJa.png
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Mandres

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Spain

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is mixing the OOC (out of character) and the IC (in character) activity. Powergaming is forcing actions that can't possibly happen or that would require some previous roleplay and, by doing so, removing the possibility of having other players choose the consequences of their actions.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, any unfair advantages or illicit modifications of the game result in a baneable offense.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello reader, I'm known as Mandres, which, in case you are wondering, is an acronym of my real name. I'm a student, and a traveler, born in the lands of Spain, but have been moving all around the Globe. I was brought here by my passion for games, which is where most of my free time goes, always followed by music, which is probably one of my true loves in this world. If you wanna know more about me feel free to ask, and meet me on-line.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not worrying, but I can add that I'm a decent in-game builder when it comes to medieval/nordic and modern styles, and also at decorating both interiors and exteriors.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was directed here from the official post in Planet Minecraft while I was looking for a ''Medieval Roleplay Minecraft Server''.
I refered myself so if you insist I can take the mentioned reward (?).

lXbHwJa.png
The Character

Character Name:
Mikael Jäger
- Nickname: Mike

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
A picture is worth a thousand words.
- Picture of the Skin:
novaskin-minecraft-wallpaper.png
Additional information to the picture must be added; the subject is carrying a sword on his back, and a dagger inside his left boot, both items are visible from different angles than the currently shown.

lXbHwJa.png
Background Story Of The Character
Note to the reader: *The information given in the following story of the character is meant to be general without going deep in details to avoid readers of completely knowing the character before meeting in-game, giving some space for mystery and surprises and allowing interesting conversations with said subject. **As currently semi-unfamiliar with the lore in Altera inconclusive statements or situations could be created, if thats the case let me know in order to correct it.

Hello friend, it's been a long journey, come 'n sit by the fire; I'll grab us a drink and then tell you my story...
I was raised in the lands of Valenwood, not that you would know of, it's a very small hamlet, located in the Southernmost region of the continent. My mentors owned an inn, quite like this one, 'though it was by the sea, and the food was better. I grew up hearing the stories and rumors of travelers and drunk folk from all sort of exotic places while I was helping at the Inn, and whenever I wasn't I had to help Martha with the animals, or go hunting with John and my older brother.

I never got to meet my real parents, as far as I know they could be anywhere, or perhaps even dead. John, the innkeeper, told me a tall man with dark hair came on a stormy day to the Inn, leading a small group of people and carrying a baby in his arms; they asked for a meal and a place to stay the night, the following morning all that was left was the baby, a bag with plenty of gold, and a signed note from that man, which I still keep dearly. The crew of people that stayed the previous day where nowhere to be seen, and no one had a clue of where they headed. John and his wife, Martha, took care of me ever since, they already had a kid, and back then they didn't mind having another mouth to feed; I could tell that the money came in handy since soon enough they had two more babies. As much as I can tell, they have always been my true family. I was meant to stay at that Inn, helping them, but I couldn't bare the feeling of being trapped in that town, hearing the stories of the lives of greater men, living adventures and traveling the world, while I was stuck as an innkeeper. I told John and Martha I had to leave, but instead of giving me their blessing they told me to stay, that with the increase of the monsters's activity it was too dangerous nowadays, and because of it we received less people at our Inn. T'was true that I felt that something evil was moving closer, the family was suffering from the low amount of customers, and that made me decide to stay till things got better.

That same night my oldest brother came into my room and tossed me a bag with some gold that he kept from the tips at the Inn, and a sword he bought at the local blacksmith; he told me to take a ship, that same night, and live my life somewhere else in Altera, that Valenwood had become too small for me, and with me gone they would be a mouth less to feed, plus my other two siblings were already starting to help at the local business; he convinced me that they would be perfectly fine without me, and that I could be of most help if I made fortune elsewhere, for I wasn't born to be forever at the Inn. I did as he told me, leaving that same night, and as my father did before me, leaving a note behind for my family.
My brother took me to the ship that night, we promised to see each other again...

It's been months since that day, but now I finally made it here. It was a harsh trip, with storms and waves the size of a mountain. Maybe the gods were forgiving that day, or maybe it was something else, but somehow we made it here, and here we are, with our cups almost empty and the fire almost consumed... Maybe it's time for us to go to sleep, tomorrow will be another day.

Attachments

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, thanks for applying. Your application is generally on the correct track, but I've found some issues with your understanding of our base lore.
  • Powergaming Definition: Your idea here is correct but please take another look at the {King's Law} in order to expand upon your definition and broaden it some.
  • Written Test: There are multiple issues here concerning our setting.
    • Valenwood is, to my understanding, a province in The Elder Scrolls. That is not in our setting, and I feel the need to emphasize we do not allow direct lore additions from other works, especially copyrighted franchises.
    • Altera is the world Hollowworld is based in, as our lore states in plenty of places under this {section} (as well as many others), thus one would be unable to 'head to Altera'. The continent currently occupied by our playerbase is the Eastern Kingdoms, which again, is sprinkled around quite a bit in our lore pages. While you certainly don't have to go through every lore page we have, understanding our setting {here} is a minimum expectation.
Your writing is quite good, but it's clear to me that you didn't actually examine our lore very well. If you'd still like to use Valenwood as a name, you certainly can say your character came from a small hamlet or village by the same name, in the Eastern Kingdoms. We don't generally allow writing in stuff in a backstory on a massive scale that can affect the world (see: large kingdoms, entire continents, etc).

My apologies if this was unclear for you, please feel free to let me know how we could improve upon this for future applicants. I'm always around to help.

I am going to decline your application, but you are free to reapply once you feel you have a better grasp on our setting, using the links I have provided. Please resubmit an application when you have read up on the important fundamentals. There is no time limit to this, just whenever you think you've got a better understanding.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free contact me or another mentor. Thanks.

Mandres

Lord of Altera
Villager
Mandres
Mandres
Villager
Thank you for your kind reply Charybdis.
I have to confess that you were right, I read part of the lore and the information needed to create this post in the first place, but I was indeed in need of going deeper through this World's History. I'm quite proud that you got the Valenwood reference, I am a The Elder Scrolls fan, but merely used that name for the looks, as I couldn't think of a better fitting one. It was also used as I rather have had my character know few from Altera, so he could learn by progressing in the story, it doesn't conerns me as a similar effect will take place by coming from a small hamlet.
To my knowledge I've corrected the mentioned mistakes. If anything else needs to be fixed please do let me know. Lastly, your comment was perfectly understandable, so thank you for your time and consideration.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Sorry to be a bother, but could you please resubmit this in the pending section as a new application? Thanks.