Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mapboy's Application (Mark II) [Accepted - Jase]

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
(For context, I was on the server previously but unfortunately had to leave for awhile. Hoping to rejoin all of you fantastic folks though!)

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Mapboy_

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada (still almighty)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming would be using information acquired outside of a character's scope ('meta' as in 'beyond') to influence a given character's actions. It is important to get in the role and act within the confines of a character's knowledge to ensure a fair community where everyone acts with reason.

Powergaming would (generally) be in the form of outlandish or absurd abilities which are often used to 'deus ex machina' a character out of a sticky situation, or to impose someone's will on another character who doesn't consent to whatever action or force is being applied to them (e.g. a one-hit kill which provides no consent or ability to respond/react).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well I enjoy computer science, but I've actually switched my studies into philosophy of logic, afterwards I hope to head into law (criminal, in particular). I love playing the piano, even though I'm not particularly good at it ... and I love playing the best winter sport there is around, curling.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I haven't done any major MC projects in a bit of a while, I'm very sorry!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Returning (former) member, but I think I was referred originally by Lady Alec?

--

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Eastoft Altham

Character Age:
95 (Lightshine of 2211)

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Brown hair, emerald eyes, brown coat and generally ghastly pale

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Don't have one at the moment as I'm still changing the skin, my apologies!

Written Test!
Eastoft glanced up from his papers and sighed; sunset. The day had already come to a close, and he had barely gotten through the mountain of paperwork before him. When he set out to be a dean of medicine, he did it with hopes of helping people, all with a glimmer in his eyes. Alas, those days were long behind him, as he now spent most of his days buried in findings and other scholarly works involved in the sciences.

Eastoft rested his head on his palm for a moment before reaching for the teacup which was always a touch too close to his papers than it ought to, lest it spill. He grabbed the cup and brought it halfway to his face before he realized it was empty; as he got up though, he realized given the late hour it was probably best if he called it off for the night. After all, it's not like these papers were going anywhere -- although my god, he wished they would.

He reached into his left coat pocket, pulling out his little tome which he scribbled his personal agendas in. He flipped through the pages, which were dry and brittle as though the slightest bend would cause them to break and shatter into dust before him. He probably should have gotten a new journal, but this one meant a great deal to him, and he couldn't bear to part with it until he absolutely had to. As he reached for the page to turn to tomorrow's plans, he noticed a hastily scribbled note at the bottom of today's agenda -- 'dinner with Leighton' -- and froze in place as the guilt washed over him like a tide rushing into shore. Dinner! With his nephew!

He glanced out the window again, and saw the sun start to hide behind the horizon. His nephew had probably been waiting for over an hour, if he had stuck around that long. Eastoft started packing his things, practically shoving the stack of paper into his bag before he extinguished his candle and rushed down the stairs. He thought he muttered something to the effect of "I'm headed out" to one of the nurses who was washing used rags in the basin, but either way he was sure the staff would've figured it out.

Eastoft was practically tripping over himself, cutting through the greenway between the infirmary and his house as twilight began to set in. In the dim light, the bushes all merged into a great dark mass below his feet, but he managed to make it past the great oak in the centre of the space, at which point he could finally get a clear view of his house -- with not a lit lantern or candle to be seen. Could he have been mistaken? Was the dinner another day? He pulled out his notebook to check, and squinting in the dim light verified his earlier discovery. Swallowing his pride, he turned to the path towards his nephew's house, muttering to himself while trying to think of a way to apologize for missing him, once again.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+
Mapboy