Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To Be Resumed [Mar 9th] Kalstaat's Craftsman Festival

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

Kalstaats-Craftsman-Fes.png

{ - GENERAL INFORMATION - }

What:
A festival for brewers, carvers, tinkerers, seamstresses, blacksmiths, and all manner of artisans to display, sell, and celebrate their skills. There will be a brewing competition, market stalls, a craft exchange, and a horse race to finish the evening. Food and drink will be provided throughout the event. It will be very much freeform RP and nothing terribly structured, so it is just a way to come together and have fun. Sell some items and make some coin.

More information below for the various events.

When:
Saturday March 9th @ 4:00 EST to 6:30 EST
Follow-up RP may continue if people still want to continue RPing in the area

Itinerary
Begins with a few words from the Duke and Duchess at 4:00
On-going food and drink provided through the course of the night
On-going scavenger hunt through the course of the night
Artisan's Exchange results announced at 4:30
Brewing Competition from from 4:45 to 5:30
Horse race around the city begins at 5:45
Festival officially ends at 6:00, or roughly after the race ends.
RP may continue beyond for those who want to linger.

(These times are subject to change and only serve as rough estimates.)

Where:
Queensport's Eastern Festival Grounds

Who:
Citizens and friends of the Kalstaat

Festival-Events.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

{ - The Feast of Feasts - }
Throughout the evening, food will be provided for festival goers. Daniel Herrenius will be overseeing the preparations. There will be a large pig roast, as well as other preparations made by Daniel. A menu may be added and updated here later. Blorbis83

-x-

{ - Tapping of the Kegs - }
Barrels of ale and beer will be brought out of storage, and those in attendance can drink to their hearts content.

-x-

{ - Market Stalls - }
Market stalls are put up around the city and at the festival grounds. Please message me in-game, on this thread, or on Discord if you would like a stall to sell your wares.

The following people currently have stalls set up:
--
Jimmy Example | Weapons, Samples, Armor, Examples |

-x-

{ - Scavenger Hunt - }
Throughout the city, there will be colored ribbons hidden in small chests. Each ribbon correlates to certain prizes. They can be brought to Elizbeth Kane to claim the correlating prize until the end of the horse race.
-- Black Ribbons | 10 in Total | Worth 200r apiece
--
Yellow Ribbons - | 5 in Total | A Jar of Eastwatch Honey
--
Red Ribbons - | 5 in Total |A small crate of redstone dust from the mines
--
Gray Ribbons -- | 3 in Total |A Bottle of The Queen's Brew
--
Purple Ribbon - | 1 in Total | One favor from Duchess Elizabeth Kane, within reasonable expectation, to be claimed upon turning in the ribbon
---
Blue Ribbon - |1 in Total |One favor from Duke Charles Kane, within reasonable expectation, to be claimed upon turning in the ribbon

-x-

{ - Artisan's Exchange - }
Artisans of all calibers that wish to participate are asked to make something of a truly outstanding quality. These items will be sent ahead to Duchess Elizabeth Kane in preparation of the event. At the midway point of the Festival, she will announce an exchange of items. Everyone who entered an item will be put into a drawing, and will receive an item in return. If you would like to participate, send a convo or poke me on Discord with a description and/or image of the item. If you are not able to come to the event, you can still submit an item to the exchange and the one you draw will be sent to your character via courier.

Please prepare a named prop. If you don't give me a named prop for your item, you will not be added to the exchange.

The following items have been submitted to the exchange:
--
A walnut cane with an iron tip. The handle is a ferocious dragon head carved from what appears to be whale bone.
-- Two finally carved wooden goblets

-x-

{ - Brewer's Competition - }
Brewers from across the Kalstaat are invited to gather, as well as any friendly with Kane, to partake in a brewing competition unlike any other. Brewers are tasked with discovering a secret recipe, with provided ingredients, of a special Eastwatch brew called The Green Oracle. Not all of the ingredients will be used, so it is a race to see who can pick the correct ingredients and produce the highest quality Green Oracle drink. Brewers will have a time limit of 30 minutes. The one who makes the highest quality drink will receive 10,000r and an offer to oversee the Winery & Brewery at Eastwatch should they wish.
(Note: Raalvara is putting in a drink just for this event. You'll have 30 minutes to test recipes, test ingredients, brewing times, etc. There will be 10 chests with different ingredients each, but not all ingredients are used.)

There will be a max of five brewers allowed, due to requirements needed.

Entrants:
-- None Yet

-x-

{ - First Annual Kaalstat Horse Race - }
To conclude the festival with a bit of fun, a track will be marked around the city. Each person who wishes to participate must bring their own horse, as well as a 1,500r entrance fee. The Kanes will keep 15% of the pot to cover the costs of the festival, but the winner will receive the other 85% in full as their reward.

Entrants:
-- Otto von Gottfried | Fee Unpaid | Paint

-x-

Last edited:

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
I want the honey.
(This looks like a lot of fun and I'll bring someone :) )

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Looks like Ayda's got a reason to break out a new outfit! :D

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
When it says the "who", and it's citizens and friends of the Kalstaat; does this mean outside people like mine or Cukie1 's character wouldn't be able to show? Or sell goods, in the case of Lavendula's products.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
When it says the "who", and it's citizens and friends of the Kalstaat; does this mean outside people like mine or Cukie1 's character wouldn't be able to show? Or sell goods, in the case of Lavendula's products.
So long as they follow the laws of the city and don't intend to cause trouble, they'd be welcome to! One of you guys can message me, or post here, about what kind of wares and I'll set up a little blurb in the post. Cukie already has a stall in QP at the festival ground from ages ago of Natri'Evar wines, though the chests are empty. She can reuse that stall if she likes. I'll give region perms later today.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
So long as they follow the laws of the city and don't intend to cause trouble, they'd be welcome to! One of you guys can message me, or post here, about what kind of wares and I'll set up a little blurb in the post. Cukie already has a stall in QP at the festival ground from ages ago of Natri'Evar wines, though the chests are empty. She can reuse that stall if she likes. I'll give region perms later today.
I.. Honestly forgot I had a stall there

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Bumping this. Still slots for brewing. Plenty of market space available! Get some more handmade crafts put in the array to show off your skills! This happens this Saturday! :)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Aight- Due to a lack of interest, I think I'll be canceling this for now. I may try it again when server numbers are up, but just doesn't look like folks are biting on the brewery contest, horse race, or stalls. I'll think of some other events for QP or Eastwatch in the days coming though to make up for it.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Dan sweats and looks at all the ingredients he had prepared.