Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [March 25] Linlea's Market Festival

Able to attend?

• Total voters

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner

Linlea's Market Festival

An invitation goes out to individuals or trade affiliates of Linlea and their people:

Olive Smurf
Linlean Citizens
Arget Isles Lady Alec Immerael
Astrum Isles Icanra oveny
Kharuz-Korog Piratep00f I am Wake (Though I oocly know Gromm's not being played again-)
Council of Blessed StarWillow2000 Jazzper Cymic_ godfather1
Natri'Evar Cukie1
Crow's Perch Niko

You are hereby invited to attend an Open Market Festival in the waters of Linlea. Despite worries of undeath and plague at the borders of our lands, it does not mean we should not enjoy some moments of our lives.

The following are our Main Hosted Activities

{Time Converter}
[Noon PST]

The Auction: Enter an item/s to auction for the audience. Schedule ahead of time. (Send solusrequiem a convo with deets). The items will be held in the castle vault until the time of auction, or if the entrant wishes- they can bring it themselves. The announcer will allow guests to bid and the highest bidder will win. 90% of coin will go to the entrant and 10% to the host.
+Currently 3 Items up for Queue

[12:30 pm PST]

Canoe Race: Two (or one) festival goers per canoe will be able to enter the race. They must row around a sailing course around Linlea and compete against other entrants. First ones back will win prize money.

1st place: 2k each
2nd place: 1k each
3rd place: 500r each

The number of races will depend on crowd interest.. (And my willful bank)

Course Hard:

Course Easy:

[1pm PST]

Bonfire: Once the races are over, a single raft of wood will be tied to the middle of the market bay. It will be lit to fire near sunset to burn for the rest of the eve as the crowd will undoubtedly settle. Meats and drinks will be sold to enjoy the moment.

The host will explain some symbolic meanings intended for the bonfire; religious to the Lady..

-+-
There will be stalls open throughout the festivities.

Floating Markets {On boats/Red}
+A | Lemon Fruit Stall
+B |
+C | Cooked Fish
+D | Southern Dyes
+E | Ting'ze'ma'senta Wunof'evar {Silver Serpent Winery} ShaolinPunk
+F | The Gravekeeper's Wares
+G |

Stalls {On land/Green}
+A | Sweets & Tea
+B | There was no B stall...
+C | Tankards & Mead
+D |

Those who wish to sell goods from their lands may set up their stalls ahead of time. (This is mostly an rp market, but ooc is fine, too- for flavor)

-+-
Those who come with chaos, disorder and plague will be met with justly.
Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek
===

OOC: I wrote a strange explanation paragraph, but no one needs to read that. Core reason for this is I just wanted a boat race... Estes241

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Aye.. It's unfortunate that Gromm will have passed long before this. It seemed like an event he would've greatly enjoyed :(

I hope you folks have fun ^_^

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
solus is literally scrooge mcduck
I could have a betting pool be prize money, too.

Aye.. It's unfortunate that Gromm will have passed long before this. It seemed like an event he would've greatly enjoyed :(

I hope you folks have fun ^_^
That's all fine- thanks!

==

This is an open festival by the way- so if news gets out, I figure more folks can attend that weren't named- 3 weeks away, too. Just attempting to manage a little of who comes at first so no fights break out like Storm's Landing tends to when it's free for all. Can't manage moderating if that happens, yes

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I'm commenting because i want to come to this, unsure if my schedule will permit but if it does expect me to be there!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
|Oh awesome! I hope I can make it, got something during the day but perhaps I got the time in the night! Dunno why I didn't get an alert to that tag :eek:
P.S.
It's Kharuz-Korum :)

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner

Estes and I've been working on the markets~ I plan to start adding in goods and chests to some free stalls. If anyone's interested in setting something up, feel free to contact us and I'll aid in setting things up even for rp or ooc, or both. Race course is still being decided on and I'll be plucking some Linlean stuff for the Auction if we don't get anyone entering in.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Thordiddely-dee can prolly get you something to auction off Solus
Will see about the pm when I b home again

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
;( I was planning on attending but alas I’m moving back to Uni that day, so I likely won’t be able to come.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Last call on having stalls or auction items is tomorrow! I've posted Course Hard and Easy and will mark with red/blue banners respectively for those in the races. I'll explain rules on the races in-game. (ie, will possibly have people go around course 2-3 times, depending on crowd.) Auction items I'm up to 3 for now, but always interested in more entries.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I"m confused is this still happening? The time converter says it has passed but it is sill listed as today?

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
It's still going to happen... I think 5ish hours? I might be wrong with the time... but it hasn't happened yet, so some point today.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
5 was right- Eta is now 3 hours. Fixed the time converter.. I had it set at midnight. Sorry!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
It begins- Please put these ambiance vids on at low volume for some immersion~ Together, too!