Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mariogirl17's Application [Approved - Niko]

Mariogirl17

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username? My Minecraft username is Mariogirl17.

2. How old are you? I am 18 years of age.

3. What country are you from? I was born and live in the United States of America.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet? I have read all of these documents.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming? Metagaming is the use of outside, non-RP factors to benefit one’s character during roleplay. Powergaming is allowing a character to have skills or advantageous benefits without properly justifying these details in roleplay.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server? X-Raying mods and/or texture packs are not allowed as they give unfair advantages to those who use them.

7. Name one of our current Mentors. A current Mentor is the user Niko (SirNicholas14).

8. Tell us about yourself! My name is Mallory. I’m a lesbian trans girl. My hobbies include collecting retro video games, (especially Nintendo), playing games ranging from Nintendo to Sega to Sony and PC, studying foreign languages (English is my native language, I can speak Japanese at an intermediate level, and I can speak Dutch and French at a beginner level), and I’m a geography buff. Oh, I collect Pokémon cards, too.

9. Do you have any examples of your work? A lot of my skills are knowledge based, and it’d be easier for me to show them in person. My career goal is to be an English-Japanese translator, so I have decent proficiency with that. I can name all 197 recognized countries around the world off the top of my head, as well as 151+ Pokémon. I like memorizing things.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? This server was not referred to me by anyone, but my girlfriend and I were looking for a roleplay server online.

Character Name: Stella Söderholm

Character Age: 18

Character Race: Human

Appearance: Baggy, burlap-esque shirt & trousers. Round face, eyebrows that are neither thick nor thin, dimples. Long blonde hair, blue eyes, pale white skin. 5’6” (168cm). Not too worried about appearance, nothing fancy. Basic, brown clothes, but not in rags.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: N/A

Written Test!

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change…

The Tragedy did not directly involve Stella or her parents. The town she resided in until this point was luckily secluded enough to be overlooked by a majority of the rest of the world, and the only major side effect of it is the loss of contact and trade from those outside of Stella’s home. The Tragedy happened when Stella was only the age of three years old, and her parents decided that they would stay put until safety could be guaranteed for their daughter again. Rumors and gossip of the outside world was a daily topic within the small province, although no one was truly informed as to what was happening. It was entirely conjecture. It wasn’t until travellers began making stops to where she lives that word got out of harmony and peace spreading once more.

Sheltered from the outside world due to what occurred when she was at a young age, Stella grows up in a rural village with her mother and father. She is an only child who does menial tasks around the house for her parents, and has an unofficial apprenticeship with her mother to follow in her footsteps as a baker. Stella’s father is a very popular salesman and is well known in the village, making several sales daily. He saves up for years as Stella grows older so he can switch jobs and make more money for the benefit of his family.

As Stella reaches her age of maturity, he begins looking for other professions that will strengthen his career and ultimately fulfill his goal. This is when he picks up cartography. As Stella’s home village is rather small and dinky, it is not placed by many other settlements, and cartographers are in high demand. Despite the difficulty of the task, including expenses for travelling and accurately surveying his surroundings, her father decides he is up to the challenge.

His first expedition has him gone from his wife and daughter for about a month. Stella’s father is to travel quite a distance to create an updated map on territory that is not often traversed. At the far end of this wide expanse of territory lies the small town of Aelin. Upon his return, Stella’s father speaks of the town and its hospitable citizens to his family, and they plan a trip there together to speak about trade inquiries. Stella meets Liavra Wranhice, a Silver Elf of royalty that catches her eye once she arrives at Aelin. They speak, as it is normal for Liavra’s race to give an amiable impression to each of their town's guests. They become close, and romance sparks.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there! I enjoyed reading through your application but I have one small thing that needs to be addressed.

- While small towns and villages that are made up are fine to include in backstory, major cities are too large of a story element to be introduced via backstory. Other than that, your test is pretty solid.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to apply and I'm looking forward to reading your application once more.

Mariogirl17

Villager
Hi there! I enjoyed reading through your application but I have one small thing that needs to be addressed.

- While small towns and villages that are made up are fine to include in backstory, major cities are too large of a story element to be introduced via backstory. Other than that, your test is pretty solid.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to apply and I'm looking forward to reading your application once more.
Alright, I've edited the backstory. Lemme know if anything else needs improved. Thanks!

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
shalherana_by_cukie1-da5qzch.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.