Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mariogirl17's Character Application - Ilia Reiss Lilith [Approved - Charybdis]

Mariogirl17

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username? Mariogirl17
2. How old are you? 18 years of age
3. What country are you from? The United States of America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet? Indeed, I have.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming? Metagaming is the act of using external factors to justify in-game circumstances, and powergaming is focusing on your character completing a specific task or goal with disregard to storytelling and canonical relevance.

Metagaming example: "Despite being shot with a bow and arrow, I actually had been wearing a chainmail chestplate that negates the attack."
Powergaming example: "Even though you disagreed to comply with my negotiations, I forced you down and tied your character up."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server? Nope.
7. Name one of our current Mentors. Ayda
8. Tell us about yourself! I’m a trans lesbian who streams video games online. I also speedrun Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64. I play the piano, I collect retro video games, and I’ve been studying the Japanese language for 5 years. I have an interest in geography and foreign language. I have extensive knowledge about Nintendo consoles and games.
9. Do you have any examples of your work? My YouTube channel is Mariogirl17, I upload piano covers there occasionally.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? CATSBI!!
About Your Character!

This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name: Ilia Reiss Lilith
Character Age: 25
Character Race: Forest Elf
Appearance: Long, brown hair. 175cm tall. Grey eye color, tan skin, large nose, and burlap sack-esque clothes. Shabby brown pants and a rugged tan cloak.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

I stare into the campfire outside of our family's campsite. It reminded me of my youth, when the forests were young and peaceful. I longed for the unrecompensed, irrepressed movements of the fire. Ages and experiences ago, when life was simpler, and I was naive. The time when every forest elf was at ease, casually living out their lives with no care in the world. Everyone knew each other, laughed with each other, hunted with each other...

Naivety was one of the benefactors in my emotional downfall. As the plagued otherworldly beings invaded, everyone and everything around me lost its comfort and familiarity. The life and hope of our people had been completely drained from our bodies, all thanks to the Blight. With several casualties, it was the only thing me and my parents could do when we decided to flee to the corner of our homeland and hide in an underground dirt tunnel. A few others joined us, but it was mostly wounded personnel. In that time, I had attained an average amount of medical knowledge. Bandaging wounds, how to clean them in case of infection, how to bring down fevers, how to stop bleeding, everything was stressful. I could only help so much, my parents also helping as much as they could. This underground dirt tunnel, located under a rather large tree's base,

Life in the forest from then on was a husk of what it once was. There were many lives lost, some of our people blatantly missing. In the years during the tragedy, there was a tangible wave of grief and mourning shared by everyone. Families no longer openly communicated with each other. The forest's tension created an eerie atmosphere. Everyone hunted in silence, staying with only their closest family and friends. We all lived in the same area as before, yet everyone was so distant. It was like we were never acquainted with each other at all. The forest elves saw each other as outcasts for a while.

We've located several times throughout our mishaps, and that much does not bring the most misfortune as our home is easily relocatable. Over the next several years, as I grew up everyone around me slightly began to get friendlier and friendlier. Trust was easing its way back into our community. Since I was too young at the time, there was a lot I didn't know that I do now. My mother, being a seamstress, has taught me how to create my own clothes from fabric imports. My father has taught me a little about hunting and gathering from his own experience. I currently live in the forest, preparing myself for what the future will hold and being able to provide for myself and my family as my parents' only daughter. Facing the consequences of the Blight after years of endurance has led me to this point.

Current Setting of the Server:

For days, it rained. The coasts were battered by bolstered waves, and the fields turned to lakes that could swallow a caravan. For some, it was an omen.

The evil promises came true. As the storms slipped back out to sea and the sun's auburn hues could again be seen rising over the horizon, something dark crept out from the cavern depths. A dangerous, and mysterious plague gripped Altera by ferocious surprise. At first, it was studied in quite isolation by academics, but soon it became clear that this was no mere curse of nature. Plague beasts, monstrous mutated abominations, stormed research facilities, escalating the situation into a full scale struggle. Across the lands, people became displaced from their homes as monster and plague altered their way of life.

The lands of Altera are poised in dire straits, but there is hope. The sun still shines, and opportunities for glory grow like tentative vines. All over, people are fighting, innovating and living in spite of the darkness below. Will you join them?

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, thanks for applying. Your application is on the correct track but I would like you to have a look at a few things:
  • Power-gaming Definition: Please take another look at our {King's Law} page as you are missing some information in your definition.
  • Written Test:
    • I'm uncertain if the monsters you refer to in this test are those currently existing from out {server campaign}. If so, your test does not chronologically fit with this as this is currently ongoing and has not been happening for multiple years in-character.
    • If these monsters are of your own creation, I am afraid this does not fit within our lore as we have specific creatures and specific events that they have at appeared written into our setting. If you would like to use this story and be lore-compliant, please see our {Lore Book}. I would say though that this is an opportune time to try and adjust your story to fit within the current campaign happenings if you so wish (which is linked above).
    • There are a few concepts included in your writing that do not quite fit a medieval fantasy server setting: this is moreso simply due to wording, but research facilities and bunkers are much more refined and advanced in concept than medieval scholars or a cellar.
Let me know when to have another look at your application by replying to this thread. If you have any questions or concerns please contact myself or another mentor. Thanks.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Looking good! I think you're understanding powergaming but I'd like to be careful and make sure it's fully understood. Please edit it one last time just in regards to, specifically, how powergaming would actually look if you saw it happening.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Looking sharp, thanks for doing that. If you're interested in hopping on immediately there's a small, casual event happening quite soon. Information can be found [here].

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.