Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Marriage In Skyrim: Good or Bad?

jan9f

I think I might like it here
Well, the title says the question.
I want your guy's opinions on marriage in Skyrim.
I personally think it is a good thing.
If you marry Camilla (and this may work for others, I'm not sure), she decides to open a shop, that is if you have a house somewhere. (She may if she is at Riverwood trader too, not sure). The shop makes a profit, and if you were concerned about the 200 Gold it costs to buy the Amulet of Mara, it gets repaid.
She also makes food for you.
Link if you don't know how to: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/11/how-to-get-married-in-skyrim.aspx

Things to know:
-You need to have interacted with them in a quest at some point.
-You must be wearing the amulet to get married.
-You can fast forward time to the wedding once it is arranged, but don't go for more than an hour at a time, or you may miss it.
-You might not be able to buy the Amulet of Mara from the priest, in which case you might have found one, and if it is in your inventory he won't sell it to you. You may just use the one from your inventory I believe. (If you can't, place the Amulet somewhere else and buy one from the priest.)

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
It's not realistic enough, you get married and don't have to do tons of work, tidying up at the back of your partner, watching your money vanish for no apparent reason etc. It gives people unrealistic expectations of what happens, apart from anything else you don't really have to do much to get them to agree to marry you!

jan9f

I think I might like it here
It's not realistic enough, you get married and don't have to do tons of work, tidying up at the back of your partner, watching your money vanish for no apparent reason etc. It gives people unrealistic expectations of what happens, apart from anything else you don't really have to do much to get them to agree to marry you!
True, but if you did it would kind of take away from regular Skyrim play. I mean, if you wanted a realistic game with marriage play Sims or something.

bounty1663

Villager
Well, I personally chose Ysolda because well. I picked her when I was a noob. But when I got more experienced she was alright. And if your wondering she does the same things as Camilla

Edit: Sorry, I didn't really answer the question. Yes it is good, mainly because you get 1. Food and 2. They give you 100 gold every day.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
I think it's good 'cause you get food and coins, and depending on who you pick, they can fight with you :p
I married Aela :D

bounty1663

Villager
Mhm, I agree with shadow. Because you can also marry your followers :p So its either do you want gold? or do you want someone too fight for you?

ShadowSlayerD

Villager
I like it. If you marry Aela there's a way to get free Archery experience. Also, it is a pretty good way to have a easy way to sell items if you sell to your spouse's shop. And if they are a follower, they can help you fight.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
I condidering either marrying Ria (New girl at Companions) or Saadia (Redguard woman)....but I can't pick between them.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I condidering either marrying Ria (New girl at Companions) or Saadia (Redguard woman)....but I can't pick between them.
Well Saadia is exactly what Kematu tells you she is. So expect to get backstabbed.
How i know that?
Her story contradics lore + a few other contradictions in her explainations ;)

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
I didnt care bout money and wanted the hottest girl in my opinion, cheated and married olfine graymane (not Hroki because thats a stupid name) and iam dovahkin girls should be hanging at my lips

Rexyn

Legend of Altera
Honestly, the marriage system is just felt really half-assed to me. Think about it, the quest beginning is really nice where you are given a romantic look at...well...romantics. When everything is all said and done though, you just have a person that hangs around your house, dons't add any quest lines or anything. Sure, the gold is nice and the food is ok, but if I marry somebody that can be apart of my party already, nothing changes dialogue wise. Hell, the way you get the person to fall in love with you seems bland and lifeless. You just put the amulet on and make sure you finised a quest with the person in question to ask them if, somehow, they love you for some reason. They say yes and nothing else happens. I like the new mod that came out where you can adopt children, but I would rather a character creator mod where you can just HAVE children. For that matter, there should be a way to romace the person, make it a challenge!

To answer your question, it's good. Seems country to my point, but my point has nothing to do with if it's good or not...well sort of. Anyway, It's fine if you want the look of a spouse (or anybody at all) in your home, but that's about it.