Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Marriage In Skyrim: Good or Bad?

Rexyn

Legend of Altera
Doesn't matter who you marry, it's implied that your wife or husband has a shop in the town that you have them stay in. It is kind of game braking that you can't ever see them IN a shop or something, but thats what the game tells you they do. Sure, there are some people who actually have shops, but I'm pretty sure that the game makes it so that the person you marry never leaves your home unless you tell them to either come with you or move to another house that you own.

adamB40

Villager
Ahhh marriage such a wonderful and cerimonial action which causes two loved ones to join their minds together and forge and everlasting relationship which no two other people can share. MY WIFE CHEATED ON ME! SHE TOOK IT ALL AWAY DAMN THAT SCALY S.O.B!

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
Ahhh marriage such a wonderful and cerimonial action which causes two loved ones to join their minds together and forge and everlasting relationship which no two other people can share. MY WIFE CHEATED ON ME! SHE TOOK IT ALL AWAY DAMN THAT SCALY S.O.B!
You married an Argonain? Is that even possible?
"You may now kiss the lizard." Umm... About that.. *runs away*

t1nt1n

Villager
to0 be fiar i think marriage of skyrim is good only because you get good and coins, but i wouldnt get a wife (for a male charecter) to fight for you because i do think that companions get in the way when im trying to do certain missions as if im trying to sneak past enemy's companions just run in and either get killed or ruin your cover, i know you can tell them to wait where they are but that takes too much time especially when you want to just get it over and done with. even when you want to go run in and smash everyone out of the way they get in the way because they might be dressed in the same outfit and you might try to kill them also sometimes if your a low level you start to rely o0n them too much and expect them to do mots of the work which is pointless, my last point is that if they do run in by the time you get to the enemy they are already dead this can get quite annoying.

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
Are you aware that you can place several dots in a post? Additionally I suggest you write an application to our server first, this is not a smalltalk and roleplay forum...

Roaper

Legend of Altera
Personally I liked the 'marriage' back in Morrowind, that was a small thing that was subtlety hinted at. It just made it look like your character and spouse were out doing other things when not adventuring.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
*Shares a single bed with a woman who lives in poverty and learns the trade from the Khajiit by selling mammoth tusks*