Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mastersword352's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

1. What is your Minecraft username?
mastersword352
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is basically when you use information that you may know OOC information that you do not know IC but still use said information in-game. Powergaming is when you have an unfair advantage that basically keep them from losing. For example, they have a group of imaginary elite guards that deflect every attack someone makes or you have a power. Powergaming may also be thought of as forcing an action on someone else.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Snerus
8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi I'm Youssef aka mastersword352. I'm an Egyptian born and raised in the U.S. I absolutely adore music and play clarinet in my band and am trying to learn piano. I love early to classic rock as well as jazz, and honestly most music. I've been in Egypt for the past 2 months visiting family and I would've made this application then but the internet where I was staying at in Egypt was nonexistent. I adore comedy and satire, and I love comedians/satirists such as Bo Burnham, Louis C.K., Bassem Youssef, etc. I love to roleplay and sometimes I even LARP with my friends (although not very often). I'm super excited to join the server.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No, I write but I have no examples of my work, currently.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Yes, Icanra.
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Payn Westervelt

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
He is muscular, tall, and has a light tan. His hair is jet black. His clothes are pretty average for the time, bearing a simple colored sleeveless tunic over a white shirt where he keeps his sleeves rolled up during the day held up by a belt. He's got a simple pair of pants and has high boots. He is about 6'0" and roughly 200 lbs.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

Pine Westervelt was the third oldest of four born in Lutia. As a child he learned to sing and play a variety of instruments. He had also adored politics, getting into political debates at an early age with adults.
Being such a talented young person he became pretty arrogant. He thought he was better than his fellow peers and acted like it as well. In a sense he still is, just less so due to an incident that occurred when he was about 14, when he picked a fight with a man. It was the afternoon and he was with his friends. He was itching for a fight and feeling quite belligerent. He spots said man and starts insulting him calling him the worst insults imaginable. Pine and the man argue and the argument escalated. Pine pushes the man back and the two fight. It was over after 5 seconds as the man punches Pine, knocking him unconscious immediately. Pine is humiliated and thus his ego was checked.
Pine had loving parents and a loving family. But, his dad was an alcoholic and when he got alcohol in his system he was a horrible man. One day when Pine was 16 he woke up and his father was gone. Pine went downstairs and saw the entire family. He went to his eldest brother, Siefke.
"What," Pine begins, "What happened ?"
"Dad's gone nuts. He got horribly drunk and did some horrible things last night. He's run away."
"Oh God," Pine said. "That's, that's horrible. What do we do now?"
Sefke furrowed his eyebrows. "Well, me, you, and A'gduk will have to work now."
Pine decided to pursue a career in music, as he loved it. He began to apprentice under a musician and instrument craftsman. But then, the civil war of Lutia came.
The family had agreed to leave the kingdom behind along with the others on the boat. Siefke, said that he'd go early to meet his friends and he'll be there before them.
It's the day of the boat's departure and Pine wakes up, looks at his clock, and audibly gasps.
"MUM" he yells running towards her room banging on the door. "Mum the boat! We're going to be late for the boat!"
"Go wake up your brothers and tell them to get dressed quickly." she said.
Pine rushes over to his brother's room to wake them up. "C'mon A'gduk we've gotta go!"
They all quickly got dressed, grabbed their things and quickly left the house. Outside it was chaos as people were all rushing for the boat. Babies were crying and people were talking.
"Siefke! Siefke! Where are you?" Mrs. Westervelt called.
A'gduk is searching over the group of people when he faintly hears Siefke's voice shouting "Mum." A'gduk looks over to where he hears the voice and sees Siefke near the boat trying to fight off the crowd.
"Siefke! Mum there he is, Siefke!" Pine, Mrs. Westervelt, A'gduk, and Pines younger brother, Hedelf, all are trying to rush to Siefke when Hedelf is knocked onto his face and gets a bloody nose, crying.
While trying to pick Hedelf and get back Pine glimpses in the corner of his eye Siefke being jerked onto the boat. The boat sounds it's horn and it sails off.
"No!" Pine yells.
"We'll meet again soon!" Siefke calls out. Pine barely hears this and nods.
The remaining Westervelts return to their house, disappointed.
"Now what?" A'gduk says.
"Well," Mrs. Westervelt says mopping blood off of Hedelf. "We can't stay here. We'll have to leave, and soon."
"Where will we go?" Pine asks.
"Anywhere, but we can't stay here." Mrs. Westervelt replied.
5 years later and Mrs. Westervelt is terribly ill. The family has joined a small town far west. Pine is walking out of the house to go to work when he sees the mayor, about to knock on the door.
"Hello sir, what seems to be the problem?" Pine asks.
"Hello Pine, there's something urgent for you and your family. You see, a bird had come here bearing a message. This message has your family's name on it, and comes from a Siefke."
Pine stood there absolutely flabbergasted. Siefke? His brother, the one he was separated with so long ago. "Are you sure? How could it be?"
"See for yourself." The mayor hands Pine the letter.

Dear Westervelts,
It's me, Siefke! I hope this letter gets to you, but hopefully it will. Anyway, me and the others on the boat found this island near Lutia. We've christened the land "Astrum." After several years of living here a sailor mentioned a family that he had come across with my surname. He told me your location. I'd come but unfortunately I'm rather busy here. But maybe you guys can come here! It'd be great to see you again.
With Love,
Siefke

"We're not going there." A'gduk said.
"What?" Pine said outraged. "He's our brother!"
"Yes well our mother is sick. We can't take her and there's no way we're leaving her."
"Well then let me go. You can take care of her."
"No. You also have a younger brother. We can't leave them, and we're not going anywhere. End of discussion. I'm gonna go write a letter back to him."
Pine felt frustrated. How could A'gduk do this to him? It wasn't fair. But Pine knew A'gduk was right. "A'gduk," Pine called after him. "When Mum's fine I'm leaving for Astrum, whether you like it or not."
A'gduk stood there, thinking. "Fine, but no earlier."
3 years later and Mrs. Westervelt unfortunately didn't outlive her ailment. It was a sad moment for all of them. But, Mrs. Westervelt's passing had a silver lining. Pine was allowed to leave to search for Siefke.
After they were all done mourning and grieving the loss of their mother, Pine began packing. "Be careful, Pine. Please. We're worried for you. And write once you get there. Please stay safe." A'gduk said hugging his brother.
"I will, I promise."
Hedlef comes bearing something with him."Pine, I made Siefke a present, give it to him, will you?"
Pine smiles at Hedlef and says, "Sure."
So Pine sets off to find his brother. Unfortunately for Pine, Siefke wasn't very specific as to where he was, so it took Pine 2 whole years to find Astrum!
Pine searched half of the east coast of Altera while looking for Astrum. But finally, as he was sailing north near a piece of untamed land he saw a landmass. Looking through his spy glass he saw buildings and houses. Civilization! Has he finally found the mysterious land of Astrum?

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello, and thank you for applying! Your application is off to a good start, but I have a few things I'd like you to change.
  1. Clichéd character descriptions such as heterochromia, and the scar by his eye are both examples.
  2. Explicitly mentioned child abuse is unacceptable. There can be vague references to it, but that's the extent of it.
  3. Politics and law as a pursuit is something mostly nobles engage in, something else I want to discourage you from being.
These are all things pertaining to your story and character. Fix these things, and then comment here and I'll take a second look. Thanks for being cooperative, you're close to being done!

Last edited:
Hello, and thank you for applying! Your application is off to a good start, but I have a few things I'd like you to change.
  1. Clichéd character descriptions such as heterochromia, and the scar by his eye are both examples.
  2. Explicitly mentioned child abuse is unacceptable. There can be vague references to it, but that's the extent of it.
  3. Politics and law as a pursuit is something mostly nobles engage in, something else I want to discourage you from being.
  4. Civil war in Altera is not consistent with the lore for our current world.
These are all things pertaining to your story and character. Fix these things, and then comment here and I'll take a second look. Thanks for being cooperative, you're close to being done!
Sorry, I'll work on it again, but I have a question. According to Icanra, Lutia was ruined because of a civil war.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Sorry, I'll work on it again, but I have a question. According to Icanra, Lutia was ruined because of a civil war.
My bad, I must have overlooked the referred scale of said civil war. I thought you meant that all of Altera had undergone a civil war. Thanks for letting me know!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.
Yes! Thank you so much