Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mazecraftin's application [Declined - Charybdis]

MazeCraftin

Settling in Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
MazeCraftin

2. How old are you?
18 years old.

3. What country are you from?
United State of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have read and accepted the King's law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the player guides.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when a player uses real-life knowledge concerning the state of the game to determine their character's actions, when said character has no relevant knowledge or awareness under the circumstances, and power gaming is when a player has an objective and does whatever it takes to reach that goal, even if it doesn't include following the rules of the existing story, for instance someone can just join the world and suddenly say they're the "most powerful wizard" in the game, when really they have no background to their character, and no existing story.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, they are not allowed and violators of this rule will be dealt with accordingly.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Charybdis

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm 18 years old, I am a current freshman at California State University Long Beach, I was born and raised in California, some of my hobbies include; surfing, skateboarding, and partying with friends. I currently play volleyball, and I also coach freshman boys volleyball at my old high school (voluntarily so I'm not paid), and in the future I'd like to become a Polysomnographist which is what I'm currently majoring in, in school.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found it on planet Minecraft, I currently don't know anyone who plays on the server.

Character Name:
Archie Ma'a

Character Age:

Character Race:
The forest elves

Appearance:
Brown hair, green eyes, sun-kissed skin,

Written Test!
I was born into a fairly poor family. My mother abandoned me only a week after giving birth to me, and I don't know any of her whereabouts; My father was a farmer and he did all he could to support me and my two year old sister. It wasn't a difficult early life, though. I began helping my father at the farm and would do anything he asked of me at the age of eight, which included going out to hunt with him to catch us dinner, and that is when my love for hunting began. I started out by taking a few traps and laying out bait to attract any creatures that were nearby, then my father would shoot them with his bow. He finally let me have a go at it and I was a natural at being able to pin point my target with my bow that my mother had left behind for me, before she left. My father even told me I was an archery prodigy. He gave me a tiny piece of his land so that I could practice and grow my skills, at his expense. I respected how much work my father put in to give me and my sister the best life we could have. So I worked hard to bring out the best of my potential; as a way to kind of repay him for letting me enjoy life as a kid instead of making me work out in the fields with him.
As the years went on, I became extremely knowledgeable in my craft. I became my town's combat instructor and even took on an apprentice, who was my neighbors son, but nonetheless I helped him train. However, my father grew old and sickly, and there was nothing I could do to make him feel better, not even our towns healer could help him. He died, a week after I had turned 18. He had promised me he'd stay alive long enough to be with me on my birthday. After being at the farm for 18 years, I decided there was no need for me to be there anymore. My sister was now 20, and married with two children, and she had left once she turned 17. So, I decided selling my father's land to my apprentice who was now a master at archery was the best thing I could do for myself. I now spend my days traveling, wondering what else there is out there for me, and what I can do to make sure my life isn't simple like my fathers was, he never wanted that for me.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hi there. Please don't put 'pending' in your title as mentors will do that when your application is being processed. That being said I will take a look in a bit and have changed it for you, so no worries.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Your application's writing skills and general outline are solid, but I'd like to address a few points before I am able push it through:
  • Powergaming Definition: Your definition is correct but a bit incomplete. Please just expand a little more on how it may look in-game and what someone RPing shouldn't do.
  • Written Test: Your backstory is unfortunately non-lore compliant as we have very specific lore concerning magic and, by extension, what does or does not constitute as a curse, etc. We ask that you do not involve magic in your backstory for that reason. Additionally, the large underground city and the unnamed supernatural entity are not within our lore as it appears to have been self-written.
Please adjust your application accordingly, and respond to this thread when you'd like me to have another look. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact myself or another mentor. Thanks.

MazeCraftin

Settling in Altera
Your application's writing skills and general outline are solid, but I'd like to address a few points before I am able push it through:
  • Powergaming Definition: Your definition is correct but a bit incomplete. Please just expand a little more on how it may look in-game and what someone RPing shouldn't do.
  • Written Test: Your backstory is unfortunately non-lore compliant as we have very specific lore concerning magic and, by extension, what does or does not constitute as a curse, etc. We ask that you do not involve magic in your backstory for that reason. Additionally, the large underground city and the unnamed supernatural entity are not within our lore as it appears to have been self-written.
Please adjust your application accordingly, and respond to this thread when you'd like me to have another look. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact myself or another mentor. Thanks.
I've updated it, and thank you for your time :)

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Thank you for updating your application! Unfortunately there are some additional issues with your written test.
  • Powergaming Definition: You don't need to worry about the length of your definition, but you are still missing an integral aspect involving how characters interact in RP.
  • Character Skills: Your character cannot start as being particularly skilled beyond the lower end of amateur concerning skills that can largely affect RP (such as combat, weapon proficiency, hunting, etc). We would like everyone's characters to be roleplayed increasing in skill for equality's sake and in a fair way, through training and especially being trained by others. This would include:
    • Beginning as a prodigy of archery
    • Extremely knowledgeable in a craft
    • Being skilled enough to be a combat instructor and have an apprentice
    • Having an apprentice considered a 'master' as that would make your character somewhere presumably above master-skill
Please readjust accordingly and let me know when you'd like me to look again. Thanks!

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
This has been declined due to inactivity. Please feel free to reapply with a new application when you'd like.