Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

McGregor VS. Mayweather

Were you satisfied with the fight?

• Total voters

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
I think it was idiotic of people to pay money to watch a fight. (They were asking 100$ per broadcast PPV in the US alone.)

Especially considering that they both did it for the money (something like 300 million dollars for Mayweather and 100 million for McGregor). They're really just playing a game of 'lets play with a touchy topic of blacks vs. whites in America and get a bunch of money whilst doing it." I'm not sure why people enjoy watching people get the pulp beat out of them in a boxing ring and having to pay a good chunk of change to watch it.
This must be satire

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
Careful there buddy wouldn't want to get banned for disrespect again.
If challenging your fundamentally incorrect comparisons between the sweet science and America's socio-economic issues is disrespect then truly the world is lost.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
If challenging your fundamentally incorrect comparisons between the sweet science and America's socio-economic issues is disrespect then truly the world is lost.
It's not. Calling it 'SJW bullshit' after hearing one paragraph of someone's opinion, however, is.

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
It's not. Calling it 'SJW bullshit' after hearing one paragraph of someone's opinion, however, is.
Well that's what it was!

To get back to the important matters here, Conor did impressively better than I expected him to. As expected, Floyd, the master he is, gameplanned accordingly and despite his age secured his legacy. Fair play to both men, and as someone whose career is combat sports, I just hope Smurf's attitude doesn't reflect the future generations' as well.

LePancake

Loyal Servant of Altera
I think it was idiotic of people to pay money to watch a fight. (They were asking 100$ per broadcast PPV in the US alone.)

Especially considering that they both did it for the money (something like 300 million dollars for Mayweather and 100 million for McGregor). They're really just playing a game of 'lets play with a touchy topic of blacks vs. whites in America and get a bunch of money whilst doing it." I'm not sure why people enjoy watching people get the pulp beat out of them in a boxing ring and having to pay a good chunk of change to watch it.
It is no different than watching an action movie and enjoying a fight scene in it really. We know it is either fake, or utter shit, but we enjoy it because it hits something in us. I mean, honestly, humans are just Chimps that invented language, I mean there is a 2% DNA difference between us and them, it isn't huge. We are all barbaric, we just found different ways to express it than hunting animals or slaughtering each other with stones. Now we hunt animals and slaughter each other with guns, nukes, etc.

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Well that's what it was!

To get back to the important matters here, Conor did impressively better than I expected him to. As expected, Floyd, the master he is, gameplanned accordingly and despite his age secured his legacy. Fair play to both men, and as someone whose career is combat sports, I just hope Smurf's attitude doesn't reflect the future generations' as well.
My boy!!!

*Edit* Related note, I didn't watch but I could hear the people in my house watching it. Sounds like it was a decent fight, though I'm not knowledgeable in the sport.

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
LePancake
What on earth is thread about? Talking about we watch it cause it's fake or shit or whatever. This is a fight between the greatest defensive boxer of all time and soon to be one of the greatest mix martial artists of all time. Absolutely Floyd did the fight for money, but he also saw it an as easy way to get 50-0. 50-0 looks a lot better on a T-Shirt than 49-0. Connor did it because he's trying to cement himself as one of the GOAT and what better to do that than knock out Floyd Mayweather? Not to mention, when you say only "2% different than chimps" in regards to dna, that percentage is more relative to about 35million+ differences, being small or distinct. So don't really understand your point about humans being animalistic that's why we watch it, I know plenty of -humans- who hate contact sport~

The fight was fantastic. Floyd cemented himself as the greatest defensive boxers of all time, un-defeated in over 20 years as a professional fighter. Connor shocked the world by landing more punches on him than -any- of Floyd's other opponents, including Manny Pacman Pacquiao. He proved to the cynical boxing fans and commentators that MMA is the real deal and in his debut he can go toe to toe against one of boxing's greatest. Granted, he did gas out but that's more to do with the genius of Floyd, rather than criticism of Connor.

Don't know why this thread has derailed into politics, and what not, it was a fantastic fight. The end~