Media - Suggestions

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
Update the backgrounds and pictures? The pictures used on Facebook, Twitter and PMC show places that are currently not present on the server and give people wrong expectations. Also, PMC has currently only 4 pictures showing Port Silver. How about adding pictures of other awesome places like Heavens Reach (especially the castle) or Tauredal (a good panaroma shot from a distance would look great)?

Also, to encourage more pictures from the players, how about giving small rewards to the pictures chosen as the "saturday picture of the week"?

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Retired Staff
Update the backgrounds and pictures? The pictures used on Facebook, Twitter and PMC show places that are currently not present on the server and give people wrong expectations. Also, PMC has currently only 4 pictures showing Port Silver. How about adding pictures of other awesome places like Heavens Reach (especially the castle) or Tauredal (a good panaroma shot from a distance would look great)?

Also, to encourage more pictures from the players, how about giving small rewards to the pictures chosen as the "saturday picture of the week"?
I think that is a swell idea. I will gladly gather some better pictures to post. Thank you for the suggestion!

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
How about small groups of both staff and players getting together to play fun, casual games? Video it, post it on the HW Youtube channel, could be great both for player/staff relations AND server advertisement. :)

*Sacrifices a pepperoni deep pan to the great Pizza god.*

Antilogy

Do You Not Have Phones, Though?
Retired Staff
How about segments on the 7 wonders of Altera.

Scour the lands searching for the seven wonders, snag screenshots/videos, and submit. Shaders and resource packs welcome!

Seven Natural Wonders of Altera- Must be naturally occurring.
Seven Ancient Wonders of Altera: Must either be deleted builds or current ruins. Ruined cities, ruined towers, etc. Before and after welcome as well.
Seven Current Wonders of Altera:Must be currently in use and completed (or near)
Seven Wonders of Altera: Any seven.

People would submit their ideas in picture/video form and then somehow 7 are selected/. Poll? Media team judge? Staff judge?

Winners (submitter and constructors) get some sort of reward, and the results are put in albums and shared on twitter/facebook. Also, give the best overall submission a pizza...

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
Ah yes... I started that once... but not enough folks submitted... perhaps it could be redone, as I still like the idea.

Antilogy

Do You Not Have Phones, Though?
Retired Staff
Ah yes... I started that once... but not enough folks submitted... perhaps it could be redone, as I still like the idea.
Unfortunately, a lot of it is about incentive. There needs to be enough incentive that people will participate, but not too much that it damages the economy.

one suggestion would be to give out things that are disconnected, such as a steam game or a minecraft alt.

another suggestion would be something very rare but entirely pointless, like an enchanted stone block...

edit: this section is not showing up in recent threads block, at least for me. It could be that people don't know about this section? Or am I derping...

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
Suggestions

Highlighted town of the month
This is a small idea to advertise developed towns better. Once a month all towns that meet certain criteria like size, age etc. participate ina raffle and one is selected at random. Only those who have not won it yet may participate. The selected town then gets the chance to recieve a short film which may include a tour of the town, its history and maybe a short interview with the mayor(s). Afterwards it can be uploaded to our Youtube Channel. This would allow newcomers to get a better idea of Hollowworld and would simultaneously be a small reward for people who put a lot of effort into the construction of their towns.

Neccessay skills: filming, video editing

Character interviews
A popular or otherwise selected roleplay character gets interviewed by a moderator about himself, his stance on recent events (ingame or maybe even RL events). This does not have much value in terms of advertising, but just like podcasts it sounds like a fun idea. It can be done both in the written version or as a small podcast.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Retired Staff
Suggestions

Highlighted town of the month
This is a small idea to advertise developed towns better. Once a month all towns that meet certain criteria like size, age etc. participate ina raffle and one is selected at random. Only those who have not won it yet may participate. The selected town then gets the chance to recieve a short film which may include a tour of the town, its history and maybe a short interview with the mayor(s). Afterwards it can be uploaded to our Youtube Channel. This would allow newcomers to get a better idea of Hollowworld and would simultaneously be a small reward for people who put a lot of effort into the construction of their towns.

Neccessay skills: filming, video editing

Character interviews
A popular or otherwise selected roleplay character gets interviewed by a moderator about himself, his stance on recent events (ingame or maybe even RL events). This does not have much value in terms of advertising, but just like podcasts it sounds like a fun idea. It can be done both in the written version or as a small podcast.
Funnily enough, we have the warp spotlight for towns highlighted each month, and we've already got a few things coming similar to what you suggested! These are very interesting ideas and I'll be sure to keep them in mind. :)

On another community I was a member of their media team and I proposed an idea of settlement spotlights, this was a rough proposal video I made up. If there is room or want for these... I could start doing them again .

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Got a suggestion!
Post a video on your youtube channel at least once every week. The last content I see on this media section is from quite a while ago
Could be a speed-drawing of one of the artists on youtube. Could be a showcase of a city. Could be a showcase of a character. Could be a funny short montage. Could be some footage of an event. Anything.
Just add a format with an intro, a logo and an outro that remains the same through-out all videos and get that regular content up. I think that'd help if you're gonna be using media to promote us!
You then also have your weekly post on facebook/twitter/whatnot by linking the video.