Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mirxen's Whitelist Application [Denied - Snerus]

Dannyaf

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Mirxen

2. How old are you?
I am currently 14 years old
born 20/12/2002

3. What country are you from?
I am from Portugal but I'm currently living in England.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore and the Survival guide

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I define Metagaming as using Information gained from OOC to be used as an advantage IC
or knowing someone's name even when they mention their name.

I define Power gaming to be taking an action to a too powerful extent
e.g. *stabs you in the heart instantly killing you*
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Obviously not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(This could be possible outdated)
One mentor would be Niko
8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Daniel I like Reggae and rock, I like to play some CS: GO and sometimes Garry's mod, I used to have 2 cats called Saucey and Pepe. I used to play the ukulele but now I fancy playing the guitar on some songs. I Collect knives and I roleplay on some phone apps but its very rare :3

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do draw a bit, but not as much as I used to before. I do photoshop and I find it very enjoyable.I'm taking my GCSE on product design and my GCSE on photography
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server purely by self-search and web surfing ^^

Character Name:
Mirxen
Chsracter Age:
Character Race: Human

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

Picture of the Skin:
The skin is a robe dressed in white and gold(not made of gold just the color)
the face is not visible.
Written Test!

There was once a child called Mirxen. His family was dependent on fighting and surviving. After years taking an interest in magic, he was never able to get a mentor to teach him because magic was a disgrace to the family. And always got into trouble when sneaking in books of magic into the house. Knowing Mirxen couldn't use magic he would be shrouded in the darkness of what his father would try to do to him if he knew that he wasn't destined to become a warrior like his father and the ancestors before him. Knowing that this would be a thorn in his side he quickly tried to find a different solution to it. Fighting was no option... Neither was magic. Maybe the gods were against him at this part. Years of constant confusion of what to do in life after reading and reading he took an interest in history and so he would become a librarian in his home village. Years pass with his young brain. One day while he was packing books away he stumbles across a book of Alchemy. He finds another interest in life! He picks up this book and starts to attempt to create potions and surprisingly is good at it. His father finds out of his hobby and strips all ownership of books and potions... Even magic, the hobby he doesn't consume time in. One day he decides to take his place in life and get a job. He opens up a tavern for all the warriors, magic users and farmers (etc) to calm down after a hard day of work. But what people don't know is that once its closing time he stays in a rented out room in the tavern studying alchemy and potions hoping one day he will become an Alchemy user. Days go by and years pass like flies, Mirxen is still working on his Alchemy until his father found out his secret. With much rage, his father kicks him out into the wilderness because of his unsuccessful attempt to be a warrior like his ancestors. Deserted and poor he finds the nearest town searching for the best way to live. He comes across a farmer who offers him a job to farm with him in exchange for food and water while being able to escape into the wilderness to practice his alchemy peacefully and as freely as it can be. getting enough money, he decides to move on from his job and make his way to the nearest city to work in a tavern while renting a medium sized room. Hoping one day he will have his own tavern and do his own alchemy without any nosy people around to stop him from doing what he loves most. He remains to be unknown to people and pretends to be a happy and cheerful person as he starts to create his own personality behind his robes and a professional alchemist. He hopes to serve drinks with 1 face and sell potions and dangerous deadly liquids with the other face. One day, He starts to farm for materials for his alchemy practice when he gets attacked by bandits. unable to fight himself off he gets cut bruised and multiple infected wounds. Though his healing potions could heal him it wasn't strong enough to sustain all the wounds possible. left dying in the cold an old man and his horse lead Mirxen to his cabin where he was fed and kept alive. As he offered to pay him off he refused and instead turned out to be a professional and wise alchemist. Slowly trained in the arts of alchemy for years to come. Years pass by and Mirxen is ready. A Professional Brewer and a secret alchemist in the arts of alchemy. ready to take on the world of him.

Last edited:

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Hey there, Mirxen. I'm afraid there's many outstanding issues with your written test, that I'll try my best to outline below.

Most importantly, the server prohibits magic of any sort in an application backstory. I'm going to request that all instances of magic are removed from said backstory.

No advanced skills or items (such as potions) are permitted for new players, as we would prefer these skills be accrued via RP.

There are many outstanding grammatical errors in your sentences as well.

Violence, such as the bandit attack mentioned, is also typically discouraged on these kinds of tests.

Having reviewed your application, and this isn't something that is typically done, I'd like to request you rewrite your test following these guidelines. Yet, furthermore, I'd also be appreciative if you elaborated more on the personality of the character, and really fleshed him out. A potion peddler by day and poison seller by night is certainly a very interesting concept to run with, but it's up to you to really try to give us a sense of what type of person Mirxen is in this test.

I understand it's inconvenient to create a redraft, but at this stage I feel like it could really improve your application.

I'll keep this as pending until the changes I've requested are made.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
I'll be declining this for inactivity. Feel free to make another, new application if you come back!