Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mob Spawning in NK

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Good morning folks!

So you may have noticed in the past few days (really, since we updated to 1.7.9) that the rate of animals spawning has significantly increased, particularly at spawn. While this has been a bit of a boon for the pantries of those of us who tried to manually do something about it (I know there's a WE command that does it, but I was having fun - except for the horses.. their screams will haunt my dreams), it has been particularly taxing on the server. For this reason, mob spawning has been shut off for the entire world region of NK.

You may still toggle mob spawning in your region, however! I would use caution when doing this, as it can get out of hand pretty quickly. If you are unsure how out of hand, well Readij, Delta, and I spent an hour the other morning trying to clear the area around spawn. We were near constantly moving from one animal to the other, and at the end of it, there were still cows everywhere. And horses. Those poor horses.

If you'd still like to toggle mob spawning in your region, go peruse this thread: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/command-list.10907/

Oh, okay, the command is /region flag <regionname> mob-spawning <allow/deny/none>

The "none" I believe flags it to the world default. Which is currently DENY.

We're fairly certain this is a bug with WorldGuard, and will be investigating further, as this is not a fix that we'd like to keep. We'll keep you updated as we learn more.

-Som

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
*goes of to have Heaven's Reach filled with cows and sheep, creating a significant food pile for years to come*

C

Cubey

Have MV been updated? MV usually disable Mob and Animals spawning, you can spawn mobs with using eggs or by commands.

C

Cubey

I don't think it was WorldGuard, MV setting could be reset or broken

If you disable mob spawning vis WG, you can't spawn any mobs with eggs also breeding animals can't spawn poor babies! Just let you know.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I'm just happy that I killed all animals near knights haven with sally for food, cuz DAYUM I got a lot of meat

Thnx Sally

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
wot

We're invaded! to the walls, chevaliers!
its all an inside plan!
This is just the begining of my plan to take over lavoyard, without food you people will die, and my canons will breach your walls, and I'll hunt you like roaches away from under a piece of rotting wood

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
It's largely concentrated around places that see a lot of people regularly. So spawn, Azerport, Haven, etc.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
It's largely concentrated around places that see a lot of people regularly. So spawn, Azerport, Haven, etc.
Haven: is fixed by Sally and me
Spawn: is done by sally and you , enjoy the horse scream nightmares
Azerport: not sure though, I'd love to go get some more meat

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Etheras looks like an animal farm. Heh... Not that I mind. I just kill everything that goes inside the city. The rest will be someday possibly herded.

Also, as for horses, in Renatus we have a saying for those who are sadly at unacceptable standards: KILL FOR LEATHER!

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Etheras looks like an animal farm. Heh... Not that I mind. I just kill everything that goes inside the city. The rest will be someday possibly herded.

Also, as for horses, in Renatus we have a saying for those who are sadly at unacceptable standards: KILL FOR LEATHER!
Guess what I did with the haven horses that I didnt take to Golden Bay

C

Cubey

Welp, this explains why summoning my horse made it disappear. XD
Must be WG which disables all mobs spawning including animals, it's dangerous to Horsekeep because it has not been integration with WG yet.