Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Moderate- Public] The Hiems Gaudium Festival- Dec 21st, 3 PM CST

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Posters are put up all across Altera with the following message, complete with musicians and dancers:

Music

wpid-romanfeastapex_450x300.jpg
The Frost is Upon Us!

The Blight Has Passed!

Come Join Us in Celebration!
This year, Astrakhan shall be hosting it's very first celebration of Hiems Gaudium- an ancient holiday retelling an even more ancient tale of Mortal Man beating back the Winter!
With the Mortal World having beaten back a much greater threat, the Basileos invites all Alterans to come to Astrakhan to listen to the town Rhapsode (Sacred Bard) retell the story of King Askylites and his legendary party that vanquished the evil spirit of winter- Hibernus! In addition, visitors will be able to take part in a recreation of the party, complete with the following schedule of events:
  1. A chariot race along the banks of the Trifluvium. First in place wins three thousand radiants, while the runner-up wins two thousand.

2. A set of traditional and non-traditional dances, with the best dancer winning a golden goblet!

3. Feeling brave or lucky? Volunteer for a mock gladiatorial match in Astrakhan's odeon! Set bets on pre-set fighters or on your friends!

4. A feast and a spiked hot-cocoa drinking contest. The retelling will begin afterwards.
After the events, a general fair will open for vendors wishing to ply winter-themed wares! The town will also be taking orders for anyone wishing to purchase Asrakosian wines, liquors, olive oils, clothing and more!
Lastly, as a final send-off, the members of House Herenii would like to bestow gifts upon those brave men and women who destroyed the Blight.
So come down to Astrakhan and help us keep the cold away by participating in this age-old festival!
OOC: I'll need people to help play or do the following (and yes I will pay):
- Decorators to add snow and ice to Astrakhan. (I don't want to have to look like an idiot emoting snow when the whole place is OOCly devoid of it lmao)
- Two to Three Gladiators to fight in the Odeon- just in case people want to watch a fight rather than volunteer for one.
- A Rhapsode to recite the Tale of Askylites. (A script will be given.)
- A guard to keep the peace/stop drunk people from choking.
PM ME IF YOU WISH TO HELP!!!
Oh, and to get to Astrakhan (this is common knowledge), go to Mockingbay and find a small boat in the richer-looking part of the city. It will have white and blue colored sails.
Tagging Astrakhan folks, Blight Heroes, and others who I'd like to Personally invite: MelodyComplex Morbid Galaxy MrMine Joseph12Q French Roast Jazzper Luam Bartooliinii BoredBrit NIAH blargtheawesome Kamaoe

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I will be there with Kublai and I'd love to help decorate with snow and ice, it's one of my favorite deco to do! I can even mine some ice for you if need be :)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I will be there with Kublai and I'd love to help decorate with snow and ice, it's one of my favorite deco to do! I can even mine some ice for you if need be :)
That'd be awesome! Thanks! I'll be on tomorrow if you want to help me haha (along with the whole week, I guess. Just hmu I guess)

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
Let us hope i'll be able to do this! will likely be up in the mountains... imma have to check schedule (ALSO WHO SAYS SHHEDUAL ITS SKEDUAL RTYFGUIHO)

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Tempius Maximus at your service *salutes*
(Will have to check schedule though.)
Edit: Blorbis83 I may be busy :/

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
I have snow.

I have myself and a small child who if available will be dragged to this with me given I'm not working on the house.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I have snow.

I have myself and a small child who if available will be dragged to this with me given I'm not working on the house.
Whoohoo! I’ll be on tomorrow (got a party to go to tonight) so maybe we can decorate then :0:0

Same goes for you, Bartooliinii - sorry I wasn’t on today- got a bit caught up with other things

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Bump! Still looking for some builders- turns out I'll be on tonight at around 4-5 PM CST if anyone wants to help me get some of dat holiday decor on Astrakhan!
Also, we still require gladiators and a rhapsode!

Morbid

Lord of Altera
Evil
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Evil
Bump! Still looking for some builders- turns out I'll be on tonight at around 4-5 PM CST if anyone wants to help me get some of dat holiday decor on Astrakhan!
Also, we still require gladiators and a rhapsode!
Question: Would an acceptable gladiator be a man with two peg-legs called “Leroy the Legless”?

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
We still need
- 1 Rhapsode/Bard to tell the story regarding the holiday (I will give you the details of the myth- how you tell it is up to you)- it can be a temporary character or one of your own bards.

- 1-2 more gladiator temps

Also, let me know if you wish to take out a stall for a market place.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This event starts one hour after mine. With a little luck the sermon won't take too long, but if it does, I'll be late with Kublai!