Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Moderate] The Arget Isles

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
thread_title_small.png
topphoto.jpg
| Commonly know as “The Silver Isles” |

tumblr_ojutr3JaAX1teq3jxo2_r1_400.png
We had heard the call. We had returned home, and the Silver Elves were rebuilding. We had a home. Then the undead came from the South.

We prepared, and waited for them to come, sure the undead would break upon the Kingdoms of the South. They did not. They came in never ending hordes.

Hope was quickly fading.

Then far to the east came word of a new land. A new place to live that was not yet infested with undead. With the hope these new lands would prove a safe haven they fled east, as far east as they could possibly go, in case the undead followed them.

They didn’t and despite losing our home, we will not break. The Silver Elves have endured far worse than this, and we will never again submit.

We will rebuild.

the_arget_isles.png
The Arget Isles is a land for the Silver Elves to re-establish themselves yet again. They refuse to crumble even in the face of the death of the old land. Here in this new land we will lay new foundations, pave new streets and raise our towers tall again. Here we honor what was lost in the Northern Kingdoms, and in every world before.

In this new land as in the old to live in the Isles you must be Silver Elven or be the child of a Silver Elf. However the mainland settlement is open to all races who chose to live under Arget laws and traditions. The Isles are open to all visitors who keep the law, except in cases of national emergency or when publicly decreed.

| Official Arget Culture [x]

The offical culture of Arget. To join contact Immerael or Lady Alec with your character sheet.
| Location
The Isles now sit not far off from Storm’s Landing and Mockingbay beside a luscious island they have called Alaleia. X: 8440 Z: -3095 [x]
To travel to Arget go to spawn and take the second to furest boat on the left when facing the gates. [x]

| Town Rating
Restricted Moderate
What is restricted moderate you ask? It means that you must inform one or both of the town owners before proceeding with damaging or lethal violence to persons or property. This is not to prevent all violence but to keep us informed and aware of potential consequences to the town because of actions taken. Basically we’d like to know if there is the frozen body of a mage in our fountain or our windows are supposedly busted out of a tower.

Town Owners
Forum: Lady Alec
IG: Lady_Alec
Forum: Immerael
IG: Ximmerael

| Town Map

Arget_Map_Streets.png

towers.jpg
| Town OOC Rules
  1. Be respectful of other town members and the player base in general.
  2. No stealing or griefing.
  3. Don’t build or modify builds without permission.
  4. If you are not active for 1 month without previous notification about your absence your house and items will become town property. Extensions will be given to folks who contact us and let us know they will be gone for an extended trip. People who are actively RPly but not in town will be handled on a case by case basis but they will be contacted or attempted to contact before anything happens to their home or belongings.

| Town IC Laws
  1. To shed any Elven Blood on Arget is a great sin and you have forsaken your people. If convicted of murder on Arget you will be executed for the crime and banished should the gods return you to your mortal coil.
  2. Purposefully spreading falsehoods that work to the detriment of your brothers and sisters is a crime. Depending on the nature of the lie you may either be informally warned, banished or even executed if the lie constitutes treason or anywhere in between if convicted.
  3. You shall gather knowledge and return it to the Silver Library, so that it may be used to instruct your brother and sisters.
  4. Stealing from your brothers or sisters on the Isle of Arget is strictly forbidden. Those found guilty will forfeit their hand if they cannot restore what was stolen.
  5. In respect to Shalherna no blood shall be shed on the Silver Isles. Not even the beasts of the land except in matters of ending suffering.
  6. The worship of Jishrim is forbidden. As spreader of misery and chaos he is the great enemy of all the Silver Elves hold dear. Those who worship the Mad God have forsaken themselves,their people and good sense.
street.jpg
| The Silver Council

The Silver Council is made up of the leading families of the Arget Isles. With each family able to place two representatives. The head of the Council is the role of Guardians, who act as the representatives for the entire Isle in matter of foreign affairs and domestic. The position of Guardian is held by the heads of the respective family chosen to hold the Guardian title.

The rest of the Council is made of the heads of the prominent Families in Arget. The Council by ¾ vote can override the decisions of the Guardians in all matters other than war, in which case a unanimous decision is required.
| The Silver Guard

Is the formal guard system of the Arget Isles that swear to uphold the laws of Arget to the death. Often populated by the lower class Silver Elves, they are highly respected for their service to their people. The noble classes may be upset to have their routine interrupted by a Silver Guardsmen in performance of their duty and may protest at the treatment and lack of privilege but they would never dare to question his loyalty or honor and would be the first to rise to the guardsmen defense should they be accused of misconduct. Guards are presumed honorable until proven otherwise.
Silver Guardsmen who abuse their office are incredibly rare as they have many privileges that the lower classes do not enjoy and to do so would discredit and dishonor his entire family. A Guardsman who failed in his duties would be stripped of his position and exiled from the lands and his name would stripped from all Silver Records. His name would become taboo and likely shunned by his own family. It would be as if he never existed and nor would the Elves acknowledge his existence in the city only in cases of when the exiled makes himself a threat is he recognized and even then only a bare minimum needed to cease the threat. All exiles eventually leave the Isles as no one will even give an exile food when starving.

| Silver Library

Is where all the accumulated knowledge of the Silver Elves lays. All Silver Elves are taught as children that it is their duty that should they acquire knowledge that is not in the library they must return and add it to their library for the betterment of all their brethren no matter the cost to personal safety. Each Silver Elf is expected to make at least one contribution to the library during their long lives no matter their station. Whether it be a detailed account of a lost ruin, a new farming technique, details on how to forge a better nail, a biography of important individuals, something of intellectual value, regional descriptions etc. Religious documents are accepted but generally frowned upon unless they provided some form of true insight into the Divine or is of historical importance.
Donations to the library by non elves is a good way to earn the gratitude depending on the quality, quantity and content of the material. Books that advocate treason, sedition or spread the ideas of chaos and destruction are seen as dangerous and removed from the shelves. Offenders if caught risk censure or worse.
donor_garden.jpg
| The Donator Garden
This garden stands as a memorial to all those who have gave to the Isles. It is a place of remembrance to those who have passed on or have done great service to the people of Arget. At its heart lays a great tree taken grown from cuttings off the tree of Shalherana in old Azerport.
OOC: The people in the donator garden are tagged here. Each of these people have themselves mentioned in the garden somehow ICly. The only exception is Heie as his character funded the creation of the temple and that still isn’t built yet. When it is he will get a sign IC saying something along the lines of House Dramiagan funded this building etc etc.

| Town Donators
@Ddaug02 - 17.5k in radiants The Jax's Luck [IC and OOC will be the Dockmaster ship]
@Sizzix - 50k in radiants
@SpartanDory - 5k in radiants. [Halon Mathis] and lots of Dark Oak and Spruce
@BrianAT16 -5k Radiants and several stacks of Quartz.
CloakedReaper -Several chests worth of materials that I have lose count of
Eltsir -28K k in radiants
Heie -50k in radiants
Hogo-Sha Kitsune - 65k in rads

| The Liduen Sethir

Generally Silver Elves are creatures of logic and reason. Expression of emotion are reserved for special events be they weddings, funerals, feast days, religious celebrations or private home. However the tavern is where the non elves of the island may visit and live temporarily. The tavern is a place of release from the societal norms and structure from the above. Bard's play drunken songs of questionable quality, people raise their voices to join in should they feel like it, and seedier pleasures can be found as well. So long as the chaos is confined to the tavern the upper class tolerate this lack of decorum.

The Silver Guard only visits the place in cases of extreme violence or to make arrests. Tavern brawls are expected to be handled by the proprietor.

town8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
| Town Information
Town Owners: Lady Alec Immerael

The Arget Isles is open for OOC applications to live on the Isle IC. If you wish to live on the Isles and meet the prerequisite criteria please fill out the below application. If you have already applied with us and gotten housing IC or talked to us in Skype you are grandfathered in and need not fill this out.

| The Arget Isles Application Form
Character Name:
Character Race:
Link to Character Profile:
What job or path does your character wish to pursue?

Is your character a part of any other organizations or cities? If so please list them.

Plot Size: 537 plots

| Town Pictures
town1.jpg
town2.jpg
town3.jpg
town4.jpg
town5.jpg
town6.jpg
town7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
| Town FAQ

Q: Silver Council? ARE YOU GOING FOR THE SILVER CROWN?!
A: Silver Council, Yes. Silver Crown, no. We are a council formed of Silver Elves. Behold the blessed union of the two creates a Silver Council. We have no plans to pursue the Silver Crown, the thing is cursed you know after all.

Q: So do only Silver Elven Nobles get to live here? What about other nobles of other races?
A: No. All Silver Elves are open to live on the island and so long as you are Silver Elven you are eligible to live in the main tower or one of the many homes on the surface of Arget. Non Silver Elves can live beneath Arget in the Tavern.

As for other races they may live on the island in the Tavern temporarily. If they are incredibly important and on diplomatic business they will likely be allowed to have an embassy of some kind. Otherwise out of sight and out of mind with you.

Q: What if I am a non Silver Elf but child of a Silver Elf?
A: If you can provide IC proof of your lineage or be spoken for by a Silver Elf you will be allowed access to the island. You might be subject to stares but assuming you are a type of elf your life should be fairly peaceful. Non elven would likely find subtle to overt racism. For this circumstances there would be a large societal pressure to remarry into Silver Elf bloodlines, though you will likely only find suitors from the peasantry.

Q: How does my Silver Elf join? New Character and Old.
A: New characters may backstory joining the Isles after the speak with us. This is the Silver Elf homeland now after all. If you want to know what life would be for a certain type of character would be like feel free to ask and I will be happy to explain. Old characters may join by simply RPing with myself or Lady Alec.

Q: No blood shall be shed does that mean I can't defend myself? What about executions how does that work? Etc.
A: Matters of self defense are of course fine. The rule against bloodshed simply means Silver Elves will attempt to show some honor to the Goddess by avoiding if at all possible needless bloodshed on the island. However that doesn't mean the island is vegetarian. They skirt their own rules by importing meat that is prepared elsewhere, either on the mainland or imported from elsewhere.

As for executions they shall be carried out on the mainland. Either on a boat, contracted it out or may even send you to mines to work hard labor until you die. All depends on the crime and the RP.

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
So I was having a peek at the progress and was so impressed I had to screen grab.

I like the style you choose for the roofs.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So I was having a peek at the progress and was so impressed I had to screen grab.

Thank you, though I have to send all the credit to @Lady Alec she designed basically everything there. The only thing I made you can see is the fountain, my other contribution is basically ever floor design in the entire region.....so many floor patterns.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm a dirty hooman, would I be allowed to view the build OOCly?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I'm a dirty hooman, would I be allowed to view the build OOCly?
Dirty hoomans assuming they are house trained are allowed on Arget for temporary walks but must remain leashed at all times~

Nah I can poke you on Skype next time we're building and give you a tour, you can do it yourself, or wait until we build a dock master as right now its a bit of a walk to get to their.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Dirty hoomans assuming they are house trained are allowed on Arget for temporary walks but must remain leashed at all times~

Nah I can poke you on Skype next time we're building and give you a tour, you can do it yourself, or wait until we build a dock master as right now its a bit of a walk to get to their.
Goddamn it- Ignis never house-trained me.. :c

But alright, Let me know~

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic

Why thank you! I have to say this build really pushed me to get better at building and I am pretty proud of it.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So I would like to say we have received an amazing amount of support on this from various players. Honestly it has been a bit humbling and very heart warming. I speak for both myself and @Lady Alec Alec when I'd like to thank everyone who has offered their help, resources and radiants.

Since we have received so many offers I'll make a list of what would be beneficial to our progress. None of these are needed as we will gather them ourselves given time and spend our own radiants to see this happen. However should you donate an excessive amount of goods, materials or radiants I would like to recognize you in some way.

What we need in order of necessity-
1. Radiants-plots are expensive and we intend to eventually claim that entire tiny island chain. Any donated radiants will go solely to plots.
2. Quartz- As you may have noticed from the screenshots but Quartz is the main material in the builds. We've used over six double chests already and every time we expand or remodel old builds on the island to fit the theme we use a lot of quartz.
3. Hardened Clay- I gathered a crap ton from the previous map in anticipation of this build......I am now out.
4. Spruce and Dark Oak Logs- Needed in about equal measure however this is lowest priority as we have plenty of saplings and can grow our own forests.
5. Glass/Sand- Maybe? Not sure here as unless I convince Alec to throw up more towers as we expand (Which we totally should :p ) we should be good here for a while.

Also Alec and I have decided if anyone donates either a single chest worth of materials or 1000r+ of radiants we will find someway to memorialize you in the build. Hopefully find a way to make it IC but we will work it out with each donator.

Last edited:

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
I am literally blown away by the support. You guys are amazing! :heart: I really didn't expect this but I should of known you guys would just be this awesome. Thank you so much to everyone who has donated rads/resources/offered to help or even just came and seen the builds and encouraged us with your kind comments.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Thread has been updated since last update. We are now at 100 plots. Me and Alec have been working quickly with the help of @Ddaug02 to get the region set up. Will be getting some screenshots to post in the next couple of days. Even when we open the region it will be in a state of continuous expansion until we claim all the other islands in the chain though growth will likely be much slower.

Again I'd like to thank everyone for the support they've showed and hopefully we have something open to the public soon. :)

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
What sort of labor are the elves doing at the moment?

I'd like to make my new alt one of them and from here. Nothing that would require too much skill, more looking at grunt work (I'd like to learn the skills ic)

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Kethron is interested in making a size-able donation for the building of a Temple to Silas! Any monies not used in construction can go elsewhere for the better of Arget Isles.

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
Kethron is interested in making a size-able donation for the building of a Temple to Silas! Any monies not used in construction can go elsewhere for the better of Arget Isles.
Hi there. Sadly we are not interested in a temple to Silas. There are a lot of ic and some ooc reasons why it's just something we don't want to do. Thank you for the offer though.