Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

{Moderate} The Republic of Valerius

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
cooltext210426672728641.png

Introduction

Built upon a mountain, the newly formed republic strives on democracy, liberty and justice. Its fresh water and crystal clear lake is a gift by nature, while the wall is evidence of the government's commitment to serve and protect the people. Valerius also serves as one of the two major cities in the Valero-Asrakosian Dominion. All are welcome and equal in the new Republic.

Citizenship and Census
Citizenship allows a person to be a part of the democratic process. Being a citizen here does not mean you have to live here, be in Valerius constantly or pay taxes. Citizenship is a more casual thing, but we do expect some sort of involvement from citizens. If you want to be a citizen, say so in the thread and we'll RP it out.

Laws of the Republic
OOC

*Do not be unpleasant or just rude. All server rules apply to Valerius, obviously.
*Ask the consent of a person before committing violence against them.
*No griefing or stealing, like always.
*If something happens that requires a DM, contact me before contacting an admin, don't DM events yourself.

IC
It is a crime to murder, attempt to murder or to assault a person.
Theft is a crime along with kidnapping and extortion.
Severely infringing on a person's right is a crime.
Violating a person is a crime.
Invading private or government property is a crime.
Vandalizing property is also a crime.

(These are not all of the laws, just the most basic ones.)

Valerius is built upon a calm and mountainous moorland with many freshwater lakes dotting the land. Trees are scattered and scarce; the sun is bright but forgiving. To the north and west of Valerius, is territory belonging to the Kingdom of Anhald. To the east is the much newer and disliked Amalfia. To the south is their most trusted ally, Astrakhan. Together they form the Valero-Asrakosian Dominion. Valerius is considered to be some what in the North, but not too far.
To get to Valerius, there is a ship from Mockingbay that will go to Astrakhan. From Astrakhan, a small wagon will transport people along the mountain road and into the fortress of Valerius.

Last edited:

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
cooltext210426454687060.png

The citizens of Valerius assemble in the Chamber to elect a Consul, the head of state in Valerius. The election is held in one or two assemblies and follows a majority vote. Citizens and the Consul cooperate on passing bills, proposals and governing the land. Every person may, and should, respectively be vocal during the assemblies. After one year, the Consul must either be reelected or replaced by another elected candidate. With this simple democratic system designed for small communities, a republic may be formed.

Previous Consul: Brutus Regulus Cincinnatus. Old-Seadog
Election in process with candidates as: Theodosius Herennius Thomas Herena
Another candidate is needed.

cooltext211009663397928.png

1 - All citizens have the right to express, whether verbal or through other means, what they choose to unless it threatens the security of Valerius.

2 - All citizens may practice their own religion and customs as long as it does not threaten the security of Valerius.

3 - All citizens will not face persecution by the government if they haven't committed a crime.

4 - Citizens may move freely within Valerean territory unless it is invading property or loitering at certain areas.

5 - Citizens have the right to a procurator during trials. They also must have a fair trial under Valerean Law and must be represented fairly.

6 - Citizens cannot have their property searched or acquired by the Valerean Government without a proper warrant.

7 - Citizens cannot have excess bail which the criminal cannot pay off. Citizens may not also be given a completely unreasonable criminal punishment.

8 - Citizens may not be persecuted by the government for doing something that was previously legal, but now are crimes. Ex post facto arrests are illegal.

Last edited:

Stratonis

I think I might like it here
If it's situated in mountains, you're practically sitting on a whole mine of gold, iron, and coal. Why not mine it to irp'ly have iron and sell it.

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
If it's situated in mountains, you're practically sitting on a whole mine of gold, iron, and coal. Why not mine it to irp'ly have iron and sell it.
While we were tunneling for the basic sewer systems, we collected some ores. But the process of making metal in Medieval times required a lot of fuel, like wood. We're in a moorland, which doesn't have many trees, so we'll need a lot of coal or trees. But thanks for the suggestion.

parto

Lord of Altera
Town's growing nicely. There's a forge looking for a blacksmith and some other shops looking for people too.

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
A bit of an update, we added some new stuff for the Dominion, directions to getting there and an entire cheap forge.

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
How active is our dear Republic?
Recently, I lost access to my MC account so not much has been going on there, but I will get it back in a few days. We're also doing several war related events in Astrakhan this and next weekend if you're interested in clearing out forests of guerilla fighters.

Nemoy

Lord of Altera
Nemoy2001
Nemoy2001
Recently, I lost access to my MC account so not much has been going on there, but I will get it back in a few days. We're also doing several war related events in Astrakhan this and next weekend if you're interested in clearing out forests of guerilla fighters.
Don't think that's a good idea for a bard, but thanks.

Hellian

Lord of Altera
I hope you meant all citizens have a right to a defense attorney for right #5. Cause the prosecutor is the person trying to prove guilt. Though it would be funny if the prosecutor had to play devils advocate with themselves...

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
I hope you meant all citizens have a right to a defense attorney for right #5. Cause the prosecutor is the person trying to prove guilt. Though it would be funny if the prosecutor had to play devils advocate with themselves...
Yeah all citizens have a right to an attorney. Also as an update, I got my account back so that means I'm active now. We're doing a Combat Roleplay event related to the Dominion soon.