Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Moderate] The Ruins of Haven

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
A Great Storm swept through the region, destroying all in its path. The big, the small, the weak and the strong, all fell before this storm. The Great Storm damaged many settlements and cities, wiping many of them from the face of Altera. Haven, also known as Le Havre, was not spared this reckless wanton destruction. But from its ashes may spring the hope of renewal.

ZRMV5ER.png

The Destruction of Le Havre was considered a controversial and heated topic for a few weeks, but it eventually came to be accepted that Le Havre would become a great hulking ruin; a reminder of grandiose empire-building. Now, House Anhald has laid a small claim upon the ruins of this once-great metropolis. Most of the city will remain untouched, as a reminder of past glories, but on the Western Bank, a new fortress will rise and a new bridge will span the straight. One with a drawbridge large enough for most vessels to pass through un-hindered.
The ruins of Le Havre will remain dark and dangerous, the only sanctuary in the city will be the new fortress which those who travel through the region will have to stop at and find respite. It will be the only land-based way onto the continent.

A name will be chosen for this new region once the construction and clearing of rubble has commenced.

Owner: Count Henri Bayard (Wabwab/Archbishop)
Founding Date: 18th of October, 2015
Allegiance: Anhald
Official Religion: Ignis
Misc:
[Ruins will be Violent, but all is moderate until the region is started]
[Fortress and bridge will be Moderate]
Plot size: 46

Deus Vult!

Last edited:

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Photos!
Future bridge gate, eastern side.
2015-10-25_22.04.53.png
Basic wall design.
2015-10-25_22.05.00.png
Barebones skeleton of the floorside gate on the southside docks.
2015-10-25_22.05.28.png

Last edited:

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Gonna keep Henri's diary entries here, will turn them into IC passages later, just writing barebones so I don't forget them:
Day 1: King gives domain
Day 3: Arrived and set up camp in one of the least-ruined structures, added Anhald flag to top
Day 4: Started exploration. Find old, but functional cannons, need to be scoured to remove most rust. Hire blacksmith to help repair?
Day 5: Found bathhouse intact, running water must be coming from somewhere
Day 6: Find way into sewers, gather supplies and explore
Day 7-9: Explore sewers. Relatively intact if weathered and old.
Day 11: Hire workers and toughs to watch over construction, start planning castle grounds.
Day 15: Foundations laid
Day 35: First towers built
Day 57: Inner courtyard built
Day 63: Pillared courtyard built
Day 82: Front gate built on docks

Last edited:

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
didn't the deal with Tybalt state that no one would claim le havre? or was that wish washed around too?

either way doesn't seem to concern me much anymore, Ti's the reason a lot of problems occurred due to this very expectation of changing minds and hands.

good luck with your new fort, though.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
didn't the deal with Tybalt state that no one would claim le havre? or was that wish washed around too?

either way doesn't seem to concern me much anymore, Ti's the reason a lot of problems occurred due to this very expectation of changing minds and hands.

Eh the problem with that 'deal' is that once the region is destoryed, there is no longer a region at all, it is claimable land, so if a deal was made (Which I never heard of) It wouldn't matter because the area was claimable.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop

The deal was that neither Rygan or Tybalt would own or claim it. Antilogy placed a one-plot region there to prevent others from claiming it (and thus prevent squabbling).

However, with the exodus of Marr and the abandoning of Le Havre, the region was put by the wayside. Anti and I talked and exchanged regions. I gave him Marche d'Or and he gave me Le Havre and money. Also part of the deal was that 'I' would own it OOC and IC, not anyone from Anhald or Marr. My alt may be of Anhald, but I am, for the most part, a neutral party.

Edit: I also just wanted to build a castle/fort. I was originally going to tear down Marche and build one there, but I liked the idea of building around ruins. Anti was the one who approached me with this deal and I graciously accepted.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Didn't have too much time to work on it tonight. Did more RPing with Bimhe instead when I ran out of materials to build with. (Plox send me stone and cobble).
Here's some more pictures.
2015-10-26_22.52.42.png

The Gate is pretty functional too. I used slime blocks with double sticky pistons to move a 2x2 section at the bottom of the doors to open.

2015-10-26_22.52.34.png

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Been a bit since an update, so here we go:
Main gate at the docks at dawn. Note the open door.
View attachment 69249

Same gate from a different angle, closed doors this time:
View attachment 69250

Bridge Gate, complete with iron fence plugin gate:
View attachment 69251

Small interior courtyard beyond Bridge Gate:
View attachment 69252

Inside the double doors from the above pic/small entry hall:
View attachment 69253

Room off of entry hall:
View attachment 69254

Central courtyard:
View attachment 69255

Gatehouse complete with boiling oil cauldron and gate wench!:
View attachment 69256

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Not /tooooo/ many pictures in this update, since I don't feel like waiting 50 minutes til the sun rises... Pardon the dark...

The Barracks is starting to come together.

View attachment 69311

Barracks Central Hall (Likely 2nd floor with only 4 rooms). Feels kinda Dorm-like.

View attachment 69312

Barracks Lounge. Sitting Area? Cozy? Whatever.

View attachment 69313

A /very/ Spartan bedroom (considering it doesn't have ANY furniture yet)

View attachment 69314

And, of course, the start of the central courtyard.

View attachment 69315

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Ok, it's been a bit since my last update, but some serious things have been built since then.

I started off today doing a major build of the first antechamber inside the large ground-level gate.

View attachment 69792

I've also made some serious headway on the double drawbridge that spans the Straights of Haven. There will be a smaller fortress in between the two draw bridges that controls the bridges and can isolate the island from the mainland.

View attachment 69793

The bridge on the far side (mainland) is almost done and connected. The only obstacle is moving the ship that currently functions as the barge that teleports players across. Obviously that will end when the bridge is up and running, thus forcing players to go through the Citadel and bottlenecking any attempts by hostile factions at crossing the Straight.

View attachment 69795

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Been awhile since the last update, but I've made some major progress on the Citadel. I don't have any pictures (since apparently I'm always building during the night or while it is raining), but you can come see it yourself.

The bridge is now semi-complete, and, although the construction is still under way, people can move across the river without the use of a boat (port).

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Annnnnnnd the ruins have been cleared in a revenge purge. The ruins are now empty and thus back to Moderate.