Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Moderate] Veraci

veraci_logo_smoll.png
Veraci(2).png

"Rise From The Tides"
[RP Status: Closed]
[Classification: Moderate]

Location(3).png
{Dynmap Link}
Founded on the islands by the Eastern Shores of our new lands, Veraci stands as a symbol of prosperity and growth. Veraci is quick walk from Storm's Landing past the vineyards, along the river, and through southern edge of the Cerulean Forest.

Alternatively, travel south-east from the grand halls of Mockingbay by following the road along the shores of the delta and through the entirety of the Cerulean Forest. To the east of Veraci lies the virgin lands of Stirling Reserve, while to the west you'll find untouched lands all the way to Sangrian territory.

Joining.png
So you want to create a native Veracian? It's pretty easy! Veraci is inspired by Venice, so all you have to do is make a character that would fit right into Venetian culture. If you still need inspiration, here's a website for appropriate first and last names: https://www.s-gabriel.org/names/arval/venice14/

Veraci (and the forthcoming House Veraci) does not recruit players. If you wish to join, you must seek us out by posting here or contacting us in game. Occasionally we will advertise open positions and jobs, but those postings are public and available to all. Any who wish to become a part of Veraci are welcome.

Veraci is not affiliated with any other groups. By default, the town welcomes any and all people of any race, House, affiliation, religion, age, et cetera. The primary goal of Veraci is to provide a fun, new place to RP and have events and a good place to trade.

House Veraci will not be a blood-relations house, but rather membership will signify that your character lives/is from Veraci. There will be no taxes (yay!).

There is no official religion and its members, residents, and guests are free to worship whomever.

The vast majority of property in Veraci will be available for sale. Once you purchase property, you must adhere to the following rules:
  • Tasteful interior edits are allowed
  • All exterior edits must be approved by leadership, other than changing window colors and adding tasteful chimneys, leaves, et cetera.
  • No basements allowed.
  • Use of your property must match its zoning (i.e. commercial, residential, mixed)
The following rules govern your property:
  • Once you purchase property from leadership, it is yours to do with as you please (other than following the rules listed above).
  • If you sell your property to another player, please notify leadership so we can track who owns what properties.
  • You can rent/sublet your property to your heart's desire.
  • Should you announce you are leaving the server without having made arrangements for your property, you forfeit your property and everything in it to the City.
  • Should you become de-whitelisted, you forfeit your property and everything in it to the city.
What are the advantages of buying in Veraci?
  • Cost-efficient: Let's face it. Storm's Landing is expensive. Many shops fail in Storm's landing because it costs too much to keep it up. Imagine paying a 1-time fee for unlimited use! Once you pay off your overhead, every rad is tax free and pure profit!
  • Unique Design: Veraci's style is second to none! Sure, other cities offer big builds, and some even have canals. But we offer it all in the same place. Our builds are upscale yet affordable. Trust me, we're not gonna make any rads in this town.
  • Location: Your shop or house or guild hall could be steps from spawn without all the red tape of spawn!
  • Investment: The cost of quartz in these builds are more expensive than what we're selling them for. These are desireable, so why not buy a few for resale? There are no limits on the number of properties you can own, loose restrictions on what you can do with them, and many ways to turn your property into profit!
  • Reinvestment: As with Tambry, leadership plans on buying materials from shops in Veraci. We can't afford to support local shops if we don't sell any builds, as we don't have any other unique sources of revenue. Also, we are out of quartz and out of rads, so we can't expand the city until we get some support.

Buying-Property.png
2018-03-04_07.39.14.png

RP is closed while we finish building the city, but we are out of resources and rads, so we need to start selling builds. The prices below are subject to change, so buy them now! Buying from us will help us expand the city, as we have a "sunken" district and a harbor planned. Plus we need to finish the canal system along the west side. But we can't afford to right now, so please buy our builds to help support our project and let us finish the build! The builds are listed below, with links to pictures of each build. Post this form if you want to buy property.

IGN:
Character Sheet:
Joining House Veraci (doesn't exist yet, will be sent invite once we have the rads to buy it):
Desired Residency Classification: (OOC, Part-time IC, Full-Time IC):
Which property do you want?:
What purpose?: (OOC Shop, IC-Shop, OOC/IC Shop, IC House, Other)

1. A symmetrical Romanesque 2 story building with no canal level access. 15k

2. An unfinished green house 3 stories including canal level on two sides. Fantastic location, directly across from the tavern. 15k (12.5k if capable buyer agrees to finish the build)
  • Hai Paladin, March 20, 2018, PIF
3. A smaller, triangular shaped house done in light blue. Two storeys, overview of the park, and next to the northern bridge. 10k

• Antilogy, March 23, 2018, PIF

4. The Happy Accident Taverna- 4 apartments for rent on a monthly basis, plus one penthouse for sale or rent. 1500/m for apartment. 5k /month for penthouse. or make offer to buy

5. A lovely blue house set in the park, next to the tavern, and with access to both main canals. This features two boathouse areas and rocks a unique build style. 15k

• Tottot, 3/28/18, PIF

6. A funky green house with two storeys. Features a flat roof/patio and one of the city's only towers. This house is meant to be a flower shop, but we're open to ideas. The canal-level build is sold separately. 15k
  • Cukie1, March 4, 2018, PIF
6a. An apartment below the green house. Canal level, with a dodgy entrance. 5k
  • Purchased, March 26, 2018 PIF
7. A simple, two storey build overlooking the park. 10k
  • Kamamoe, March 23, 2018, PIF
8. Clone of 7 in a different color. Needs touch-up on the roof. 10k (7.5k if capable buyer agrees to finish the roof)
  • Fronslin, March 23, 2013 Owes Full Amount
9. An unfinished teal build, very large. Very much a WIP. Make offer (will prefer to sell to capable builder).

10. A rectangular red number with no canal access.

11. Well done yellow build. Currently no front door because we haven't build the other side road yet. 10k, will go up once the door is finished.

12. Veraci government build
  • Wake March 20, 2018, PIF
13. Corner on the square, backs up to canal on other side. Done in blue. 3 stories. 10k

14. A tall, thin yellow build on the square. 12k

15. A furnished tea shop done in green. Two stories plus a public boathouse below. 15k (furnished!)

16. A really tall, 3 story build. 15k (RESERVED BALATRO)

17. Two story red house plus a unique bottom floor. 20k due to location
  • ShaolinPunk, March 4, 2018.
18. Triangle house with unique canal level dock 15k unique design!

19. Sorry, not in the right spot. 19 is a smaller blue build on the square and on the map is the unmarked build north of 15 and south of 6. This is meant to be a shop. 10k great location but smaller
  • SpartanDory, April 2nd, 2018, PIF

20. A huge red build, two stories plus a small canal dock. 20k size.
  • Cukie, 3/28/18 PIF
21. Thin 3 storey blue house. 15k

22. Oblong 2 storey green house. The first house built. 10k

23. 3 storey yellow- great location. 15k
  • Paint, 3/26/2018 PIF
24. Red 2 storey with canal running through below. 20k
  • Tiber, 3/28/18, PIF
25. #1's twin, A symmetrical Romanesque 2 story building with no canal level access. 15k
  • Tiber, 3/28/18, PIF
26. Government build, not for sale.

27. Build to suit! More builds in the sunken district and harbor once we can afford it!

Credits(1).png
Archbishop
Hai_Paladin
The Tottot (supplies)
Balatro (moral support, rads, supplies)
Joseph12Q (moral support and interior design)
Tiberione
Lady Alec (artwork)
Property Owners!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reserve 3/4

Sold our first build!

Reserve 4/4

Be free! And buy our stuff even though the region is closed for RP. The more money we can raise right now the faster we can finish the entrance and open up.

Also, we are actively seeking builders and helpers to assist in opening the region for RP

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
IGN: BALATRO (my all caps alt)
Character sheet: Rico Neri
Joining House Veraci (doesn't exist yet, will be sent invite once we have the rads to buy it): on BALATRO yea
Desired Residency Classification: (OOC, Part-time IC, Full-Time IC): full time ic
Which property do you want?: 15
What purpose?: two IC shops, a book store and an antiques store. With a ritzy loft house above for Rico and his sister.

Money will be sent once trade with blarg and elz is finilized.

I'll take reserves on builds and hold them for one week. At the end of the week you need to put down at least half the list price. If I don't receive it, I'll refund what you've given me and open it back up. You can't edit a reserved build until at least half is paid, at which point I'll record that you've bought it. Reserves are in the order in which I am made aware of them.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
IGN: Cukie1
Character Sheet: Should be in signature, sec
Joining House Veraci (doesn't exist yet, will be sent invite once we have the rads to buy it): no
Desired Residency Classification: (OOC, Part-time IC, Full-Time IC): Part time IC
Which property do you want?: 6
What purpose?: Home, Shalherana Shrine (possibly)

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I may be buying two or more houses and leasing them for much cheaper if money is an issuer for anyone message me

IGN: Cukie1
Character Sheet: Should be in signature, sec
Joining House Veraci (doesn't exist yet, will be sent invite once we have the rads to buy it): no
Desired Residency Classification: (OOC, Part-time IC, Full-Time IC): Part time IC
Which property do you want?: 6
What purpose?: Home, Shalherana Shrine (possibly)
Is this a reservation or a purchase? If you're buying it, please send at least 7.5k (half of purchase price). If reserving, I'll hold for 1 week.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I loved the look of House 20 for 20k.
In fact, I loved the look of the entire bloody city, which is why I'm here in the first place xD

But the damned place is massive! Joe had the idea that I could turn it into a half-shop and half-home, but Balatro already beat me to the idea of a bookshop. Lana would never open a library because she is personally (silently) against the idea of giving away information freely without restriction.
First-world problems, eh? :(

Hai_Paladin

Lord of Altera
Legend
Hai_Paladin
Hai_Paladin
Legend
I have taken over building number 2 just for future buyers reference. It is going to be a grocery store if anyone was interested.

Hi, yes I live. New job has me pretty busy, but I'll be settling in a bit and can play a bit more. As such, I wanted to let folks know that it is public knowledge that /something/ is being built. I haven't had time to finish up what I wanted to to open it up for RP, and right now there's no way to get to the city, but as soon as that's sorted we'll be good to go. I was gonna do that on Sunday but my dad's computer died and I spent all day fixing it for him.

Let me know if you want to purchase something!

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
IGN: Ohanoa
Character Sheet: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/jaspis-azerwind.39555/
Joining House Veraci (doesn't exist yet, will be sent invite once we have the rads to buy it): Cannot at this time
Desired Residency Classification: (OOC, Part-time IC, Full-Time IC): Part-time IC
Which property do you want?: 7
What purpose?: (OOC Shop, IC-Shop, OOC/IC Shop, IC House, Other) IC house

IGN: Ohanoa
Character Sheet: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/jaspis-azerwind.39555/
Joining House Veraci (doesn't exist yet, will be sent invite once we have the rads to buy it): Cannot at this time
Desired Residency Classification: (OOC, Part-time IC, Full-Time IC): Part-time IC
Which property do you want?: 7
What purpose?: (OOC Shop, IC-Shop, OOC/IC Shop, IC House, Other) IC house
Done!

Sold a couple more builds. We've got the money to finish our work to open. Now we need the time.

BTW, hiring a builder to help us!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
IGN: DougDimmmadome
Character sheet: Nicholas, Doesn't have one right at this moment.
Joining House Veraci (doesn't exist yet, will be sent invite once we have the rads to buy it): Probably not.
Desired Residency Classification: (OOC, Part-time IC, Full-Time IC): Part-Time IC
Which property do you want?: 23
What purpose?: Small Chapel to Ignis and clinic to aid the injuried and ill. Small portion will be made into a residence.

Just need a hold for now.

BoredBrit