Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Monastic Order] Heaven's Vanguard

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Posters like these are put up everywhere..

~Heaven's Vanguard~
Imageonholdplswait

"Where There is Hatred, Let us Sow Love."

For many, the world has become a place in which there are few places in which to look to for safety and wisdom. People claim to speak for the Gods but sow hatred and violence against the innocent and peaceful.
I do not claim to speak for the Gods. I don't claim to be a sage or guru or an oracle. I believe in the Gods- but I believe the best way to serve them is to serve each other.

My name is Iondir Scalebreaker- I am a wood elf of 24 years. I have been traveling the continent in search of a place to construct my monastery- so people may join my Order to study theology, philosophy, martial arts, and skills. We do not demand that you follow a certain deity- only that you respect those who do and those who may not.

Our Order's Tenants are the following:

1. Love your neighbors.
2. Defend your neighbors from those who might harm them.
3. Use force in proportion to the threat.
4. Feed the hungry and shelter the homeless.
5. Meditate or spend time in prayer for four hours every day.
6. Reject greed, anger, pride, and use luxuries in moderation.
7. Reject politics, but fight against tyrants
8. Swear no oath of loyalty but to that of goodness.

This Order is not purely militaristic- nor is it purely theological or economical. I intend on focusing on the following activities:

1. Brewing and distilling alcohol.
2. Agriculture
3. Blacksmithing
5. Weaving
6. Theology/Spiritualism
7. Philosophy
8. Science
9. Martial Arts (Weapon-use as well as the use of one's body.)
10. Medicine

If any one is interested in providing a free space or building for this project, please find me in the tavern at Mockingbay. If things go well, we will be able to provide your community with far more than the cost of the building. I wear a green tunic and leather jerkin.

May we all be filled with enlightenment and happiness;

-Iondir Scalebreaker-

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
OOC: I intend on having this be a side project for when I'm not working on Astrakhan. I'll post Iondir's character sheet soon.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
why'd you post the Order of the Gloriam Vinctum thread again?
It's not ;-;
At least I hope it isn't >•>

I just wanted to make an Order that's similar to the Jesuits or Franciscans and add a twist with some weapons.

I've had this idea in mind from before I joined this place anyways.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
This is gonna be a thing I swear. I just need more time to sort out all my crap in life :C