Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Monthly contest] Custom items creation - August/September

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
This month contest is going to be a little different! (yes, already, I know, I know ^^)

For the next update of new items, coming next month on the server, we'd like to make it a little bit special!
Indeed, this update will be about Fruits!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This month theme is:

Fruits and vegetables
(read below for more information!)
--------------------
Contest is over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Specifically, these fruits:

FruitsHeads.jpg
Apple, Coconut, Orange, Plum, Lemon and Green apple
Cherry, Strawberry, Tomato, Lettuce, Purple grapes and Red grapes

Each of these fruits/vegetables will [spoiler mode on] be a drop from a different tree... or even maybe have a brand new mechanic for acquiring it! [spoiler mode off] (I won't tell too much right now, that would ruin the surprise and pleasure :))

But for each of them, we need variation! :D
Indeed every fruit is going to come in several variations, each having it's own rarity and value:
Unripe, Ripe, Overripe, Rotten (or Dry for the coconut ^^)

And we currently only have 1 texture for each of them... so to add even more to these, we'd like to call you all, artists of our great server, to help us turn this into a reality!

What we propose you this time:
- choose one (or several!) of the fruits from the list above...
- and make 3 other textures, to get a total of 4 textures, 1 for each of the ripeness states.
Slight variations are enough, we'd just like to be able to differenciate them just by looking at them. :)

You can use the textures at the bottom of that post or in the next post as a starting point, or make a brand new one if you really feel like it!

The rest is the same as last month:
Send me your entry/entries via a forum convo, with the following elements:
- the final textures
- a preview of your items
(if possible in 1 picture :) )
- your IGN

And of course you can enter several times!

The rewards this time will consist in:
- having your creations be used for all these fruits/vegetables on the server!
- And of course, some money :) The best creation for each of the fruits will get its creator the nice sum of 8.000 radiants!

So there will potentially be 12 winners this time! (how exciting :D)

I suggest to post in that thread the fruit(s) you plan on making, so that other contestants can choose others that nobody chose before :) (more variety, more chance to win! ^^)

If you have questions regarding how to make custom heads or how to do these textures, you can refer to the first contest post, where I gave useful tips and links to softwares to help :)
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/monthly-contest-custom-items-creation-july-finished.37669/

Good luck, and have fun doing these! :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Love the Lettice. Nice to have something that was such a big part of peasant diet and gardens.

Jesseygirl:D

Settling in Altera
This is an amazingly great idea?! Do people collect these? And these are heads just repainted yes? if so THAT'S GENIUS

Arcana

Daedric Prince
Pronouns
She/Her
I think tomatoes should be dropped from rose bushes, so they can double as tomato plants. I dunno, just an idea to add to gardens.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I know it's fruits this month, but I just drop these here to perhaps give you the option to add them.
I made a spider and a crab and a pile of bones! Should any of them be added, I'd love to get 10 of each for creating them. I really need them xD
SPIDER
spider2.jpg
CRAB
crab2.jpg
SKELETON
skeleton.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I'll close this at the end of the day :)

EDIT: this is now closed.

Last edited: