Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Most Moving or Thought Provoking Books

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Alright, so I thought I'd make this thread because I want to see what books you all like. I also want to gather a list of books that are fantastic for my summer pleasure reading list.

I'll start. Anything by Voltaire really gets my brain moving, as well as many Ayn Rand books like Atlas Shrugged and Anthem.

I might throw Game of Thrones in there as well, because it is a lot of fun to think about the world and the characters in those books.

How about you all?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
The Book Thief (Tragic)
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (Very thought provoking)
The Neverending Story (Subtle due to it being written for children, but with some pretty potent messages)

spagbog

Lord of Altera
The Book Thief (Tragic)
The Neverending Story (Subtle due to it being written for children, but with some pretty potent messages)

I've read all of these.
They're all amazing.

Once, Now & Then.
Once and Now are set in Poland in the Holocaust and Then is set in Australia 50 years later. They're set in World War II, so that kind of explains it all.

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Good book.

There's also "The Silver Sword" and "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" which explore similar subject matter.
Difference is, "The Silver Sword" is a true story.
Isn't 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas' a movie as well? Either way, I'll read it.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
The Book Thief (Tragic)
:heart:3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

wark

Legend of Altera
Uhmn... On A Pale Horse, The Da Vinci Code, The Road, The War of the Worlds...
All popular books, but whatever. :I

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Is that the one that was made into a movie about a man looking after his son (among other things, just don't want to give spoilers) ?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
The Lord of the Flies...​
I really shouldn't need to say anything else to be honest. That book is horrible, but not in a bad way...​

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Die Welle / The wave

A book/movie about a real story from germany where a teacher started a project and it went kinda over board.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
All of C.S Lewis' stuff is also very clever if you read between the lines.
Also recommend Ian Rankin's crime/law books.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
All of C.S Lewis' stuff is also very clever if you read between the lines.
Also recommend Ian Rankin's crime/law books.
Ian Rankin? My dad reads those...

You'll never see him with a book that isn't crime/thriller, genuinely.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Also, for those who can deal with reading the words of an absolute, unrestrained pyscopathic maniac, there's Mein Kampf.