Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Moving to 1.12.2 and Evacuating Frontier/Sorrows

D

Dark Auras

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello all,
As we move closer towards the server update to 1.12.2 I am now able to provide you with some information. The staff team has been working very hard to get this update pushed. I would like you thank you for your continued patience as we work through the final bits and bobs to make sure the server will be fully working when we push the update. Special shoutout to Niah, Solus, GuildsMC and anyone else who helped us get to this point!

Now, as the title of this post says, the Frontier Map is going to be removed - We are going to give 2 weeks for you to evacuate and move all of your items out of the world. This is because we had an issue upgrading Landlord and will need to start fresh in 1.12.2. So we decided we are going to generate an even better Frontier Map with all the new blocks! This map will be released roughly 1 week after the 1.12 update.

While we are evacuating the Frontier Map, and after we update to 1.12.2, Landlord will no longer be available on that map. Therefore, we are making griefing and looting against the rules. When the new Frontier Map is released, the griefing and looting rules will go back to normal on that map. This is to ensure anyone who had Landlord protected land will not suffer consequences while we move everything out of the map.

*UPDATE* - We were able to migrate the Landlord database successfully, so there will be no rules change during the evacuation.

We will also be resetting the Sorrows shortly before the new Frontier map is made and updating it to 1.12.2. We suggest moving your items out of the Sorrows as well. The nether will not be effected.

As for 1.12.2, I cannot offer you an exact date, however I will say the update is coming early in the next 2 weeks. Now would be a good time to get all of your mods, such as Optifine, and texture packs such as Conquest updated.
We will be providing another update thread the night of the 1.12.2 update, as there will be a short period of downtime as we set it all up. We will also answer some questions regarding the update such as the availability of llamas and parrots, as well as discuss some new features the server will have. Additionally, if anyone has any questions regarding the 1.12.2 update please ask them here and myself or another member of staff will answer them.

This is the final stretch of a long journey to get to this point! Thanks again for your patience and it will soon be rewarded!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
>.> My only question is that if some of the newer items will have lore on them for their existence.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
>.> My only question is that if some of the newer items will have lore on them for their existence.
Most of the updates for 1.11 and 1.12 don't really require extensive lore attention, especially the blocks and passive mobs. Birds and llamas will be ok to have, much like polar bears and other mc mobs. (ie- take the MC crafting for cement in rp- it'll be a really solid gravel+sand block.) There were two curse enchantment books, but those will be ooc. I'd see more concern for Evokers, Vex, and Vindicators, and that'll be a pending decision as we can prevent the spawning of Woodland Mansions for the time being (only place all three will spawn). I may be missing a few- consider them pending a decision from lore.

Ah- And if you mean the blocks in that Conquest video where he mentioned 'futuristic' blocks- I'm hoping players will implement them in a way - and consider them- as medieval furniture/builds and not make futuristic structures. Especially since not everyone uses Conquest.

Last edited:

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
Most of the updates for 1.11 and 1.12 don't really require extensive lore attention, especially the blocks and passive mobs. Birds and llamas will be ok to have, much like polar bears and other mc mobs. (ie- take the MC crafting for cement in rp- it'll be a really solid gravel+sand block.) There were two curse enchantment books, but those will be ooc. I'd see more concern for Evokers, Vex, and Vindicators, and that'll be a pending decision as we can prevent the spawning of Woodland Mansions for the time being (only place all three will spawn). I may be missing a few- consider them pending a decision from lore.

Ah- And if you mean the blocks in that Conquest video where he mentioned 'futuristic' blocks- I'm hoping players will implement them in a way - and consider them- as medieval furniture/builds and not make futuristic structures. Especially since not everyone uses Conquest.
Well that's a bummer, but it is what it is in the end.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Wait, what about the red parrot skinned as aa wyvern?
It's a halloween costume

Edit: Somewhat serious answer- it's a strange/ugly, red parrot. This is a skin in Conquest, and although it's the recommended texture pack we use, there's a few clusters who don't at the moment. Would be odd to base lore around texturepack skins, unless it's vital.

Last edited:
D

Dark Auras

So, the Sorrows is being closed and not re-opened?
It is being remade in 1.12.2 (With a custom generator rather than vanilla). I will change the wording in the main post as it can be ambiguous.

Wiecz

Villager
What the lost frontier is being reset already? It was only just put up! I built a really big base that took forever! Is there any way to move our builds to the new map?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
When we first dropped the EF we did not anticipate our update efforts would bear fruit quite so soon, or in my case I forgot the update actually added important blocks for folks so a new map being needed didn’t even occur to me. Again that is just personally the rest of staff team can speak for themselves.

However the logic behind updating and making the new map so soon is better to do it now before more folks fall into your category Wiecz. It’s sucks but waiting would suck even more and complete reset is the only way to introduce the blocks.

As for those of you who are involved in the IC and OOC event build by Elz she is already addressing the issue. I cannot speak in detail about what and when but Elz will when she is ready.

D

Dark Auras

Note to everyone as well.. Keep an eye on social media over the next few days ..

(Note: There wont be any dates/etc there- But you might find something neat!)

D

Dark Auras

Sneak peak of whats in store for the new Frontier map!

..Make sure to watch Social Media! :)

Wiecz

Villager
When we first dropped the EF we did not anticipate our update efforts would bear fruit quite so soon, or in my case I forgot the update actually added important blocks for folks so a new map being needed didn’t even occur to me. Again that is just personally the rest of staff team can speak for themselves.

However the logic behind updating and making the new map so soon is better to do it now before more folks fall into your category Wiecz. It’s sucks but waiting would suck even more and complete reset is the only way to introduce the blocks.

As for those of you who are involved in the IC and OOC event build by Elz she is already addressing the issue. I cannot speak in detail about what and when but Elz will when she is ready.
So there is no way we could move our builds to the new map

D

Dark Auras

So there is no way we could move our builds to the new map
I would assume that standard worldedit prices would apply if this were to be a thing.

Although the other part is the terrain is significantly different, which would disrupt build moving.