Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Music Video, Thoughts?

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Hey guys, so a couple of weeks ago I finished working on this with a friend for a contest *fingers crossed and all that* but figured I may as well share it here as it involved gaming culture and I reckon people will like it.

Basis of the competition was that we had to use any song by that band and it was for Rooster Teeth who produce lots of gaming, machinima and animation content hence the gaming / machinima sections. Took us something like 2 weeks start to finish and £40 to make, hope you guys like it let me know what you think. (So long as any criticism's constructive eh? ;P )

Sir_Ashington

Lord of Altera
Hey guys, so a couple of weeks ago I finished working on this with a friend for a contest *fingers crossed and all that* but figured I may as well share it here as it involved gaming culture and I reckon people will like it.

Basis of the competition was that we had to use any song by that band and it was for Rooster Teeth who produce lots of gaming, machinima and animation content hence the gaming / machinima sections. Took us something like 2 weeks start to finish and £40 to make, hope you guys like it let me know what you think. (So long as any criticism's constructive eh? ;P )

It's wonderful! Where you in the video at all?

Teeke

Lord of Altera
I wish there was more fill light, especially on our main characters. I understand it was shot in a bar, and probably just made with available light - but a couple of fill lamps and or reflectors would have really helped things pop, imo.
The movements and transitions of the actors seems a bit out of sync, or intentionally not going with the music - while the video game sequences seem to sync up nearly perfectly.

Overall I think it was cute and entertaining. And my biggest critique is the lighting - but if you had to work within the contraints of the bar, as in weren't allowed and or able to use fills/reflectors I understand.

6.7/10.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Well we had lighting with us, our main problem is that we had two 5 hour slots which meant getting in, blocking out as many windows as we could and we sure as hell couldn't block all of them the room was half glass almost and taking stuff down before they opened in the evening. If we'd have had time I'd have loved to spend more time on lighting and coreography of it all but we were soooo tight for time it was unreal xD

Cheers though, properly constructive criticism!

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Mmhmm, time constraints can put a real damper on bigger plans. With what you had available I think this was done really well.
The camera work, transitions, and editing are all spot on.