Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

My application. [Accepted - Jase]

Dreqmy

Noble of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
babyteqrs

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-gaming is when you use the information Out-Of-Character and bring it into Roleplay.

Power-gaming is using your powers on someone else with no chance for them to react. When you force yourself to someone else and you come as "invincible" you're powergaming since you're taking for granted your character's limitations.

For example: *The mage cast a spell on (person) making them flinch. Thanks to this, the mage wins the battle by killing it's opponent."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, they're not allowed.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello, I am into tinkering. I mostly spend time fixing old things. I may get into dolls restoration and I am excited about this new hobby!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No, I am sorry I don't feel like taking a picture of my ugly fan is a good idea.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
One of my old friends gave me information about the server a long time ago.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Dorothea Munnalette

Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
Height: 3'8"ft (36in)
Weight: 36lbs (16kg)
Eye Color: Gray
Skin Color: Ivory
Shape of Face: Diamond
Distinguishing Features: Body and Facial Scars

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I don't have a skin yet, but at the time my application is out I will be working on one.

Written Test!
As the daughter of a librarian from Halbed, Dorothea, has been growing up with difficult chores for her age. From climbing up massive ladders to put heavy books on their respective shelves, to carrying paper sheet piles that doubled her in size. Dorothea was a clever, nice looking girl that had everything except obedience. This one liked to run away on different types of adventures that her mother didn't know she was part of. Ever since the first day this one escaped, it was harder for her not to. She was infatuated with the new plants, creatures, and towns she would encounter on her journeys.
Everything was easy to perceive now that she didn't need to describe all of those places and things throughout her mother's book. It wasn't like Dorothea didn't like to read the library's books it was just that it felt more surreal and interesting to just see every detail in person. Although Dorothea loved to go on adventures she had to split her time on studying, she was skeptical about her mother finding she was sneaking out so she decided it was best for her to sometimes bring an educative conversation to her mother just to diminish her mother's thoughts of her. After some time Dorothea's mother felt ill, so she decided to change her ways and focus on helping her mother. Dorothea's mother was so ill that this one couldn't split her time to study anymore. Her knowledge vanished, just like the friends she used to watch throughout the library's windows, asking herself if these ones have replaced her so far. At some point, Dorothea had to move from Halbed with her sick mother. Apparently, these ones were moving far with some family members located on Storm's Landing. She thankfully accepted her family's help and she was happy she was able to get back to her studies. She tried her best to remember all that she has forgotten, but sadly she couldn't. She regretted the very first moment she stopped studying. After days of landing on Storm's Landing her mother was feeling a lot better, which made Dorothea happy since that meant she would just go back to be the same mischievous clever girl she once was. She felt so happy that she decided to tell her mother what she was actually doing all this time behind her back. For Dorothea's surprise, her mother understood her and with a warm, delicate smile on her face, she talked about how she and Dorothea's father also went on adventures on their juvenescence. They both talked until the breezy, dark night came up and stars started to appear on the sky.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Dreqmy! Thank you for your application to Hollowworld! One small thing - can you please expand on your power gaming definition? An example would be great :)

You can find the server definitions [here].

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.