Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

My Application to Join HollowCraft! [Accepted - Jase]

TicToc824

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
TicToc824
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Pretty much, if you know something OOC, that doesn't mean that the character IC can know about it.
Powergaming: Essentially being OP, or overpowered. It means that you have some kind of trait or ability that is unrealistic, unfair, or too powerful.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cymic.
8. Tell us about yourself!
I consider myself to be a Jack of all trades. I enjoy playing the piano, singing, drawing, gaming, reading, swimming, acting, writing, and much more. Some of my other games include Undertale, TF2, Assassins Creed, Pokemon, really anything as long as I enjoy it. I enjoy classical music, swing, Irish rock, video game soundtracks, and Disney villain songs. I have two dogs, Charlie and Sam.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do not, unfortunately.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I simply googled "Fantasy Minecraft Servers", and this was the first that came up for me. I became interested, and decided to make this application.
About Your Character!
Character Name:
Jack Lovelock

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human
Appearance:
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye color: Emerald
Skin Color: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 237 lbs
Clothing:
Hooded brown cloak, with a black swirl on the back. Pants are basic roughsewn pants that go to the grpund, with dark brown boots. Shirt is a basic green short-sleeve tunic, with stitching from the center chest up to the Adam's apple.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
N/A
Written Test!
Jack woke up brightly one morning. Unusual, considering he was normally a sarcastic, nonchalant type of person. He leapt out of his bed, a small oak frame with a worn mattress and even more worn deerskin blankets. He went to his pile of clothes, and threw on his cloak. As he bounded down the steps, he grabbed a piece of bread and wolfed it down anxiously. The source of his excitement was on his wall next to his bed. A large poster read "Looking for excitement? Adventure? Loot? Then meet Sir Maldwell in the Sleeping Dragon Inn for a career in knighthood! Applications available upon request." Underneath the text was a picture of a knight, shining with silver armor and surrounded by mounds of gold. His excitement faded, however, when he got to the tavern he was directed to. There lied the body of Sir Cullius Maldwell, his face white as paper. Jack shakily tapped the shoulder of a nearby guard and asked him, in a trembling voice, " W-...what happened? " The guard shrugged. "As far as we can tell, poison. There were drops of green near his cup." And indeed, there were a few flecks of emerald ooze nearby the fallen lord's cup. Jack went home, feeling such loss it was nearly indescribable. He flung his cloak haphazardly near a blazing fire in his fireplace, and slumped onto a wooden chair nearby. "....Where am I going t get this chance again..." He slumped against his arm, and fell asleep, dreaming of a grand adventure he was never going to go on. The next morning, Jack slowly sat up. "Ah..." He's rubbed his neck, as it had a stabbing pain. " Damn cricks.... " He stood up and stretched, slowly walking to his cloak. As he flung it on, he was painfully reminded of the events that had taken place the day before. Jack rubbed his eyes, as he could feel the stinging tears. He walked up the stairs to his room sadly, and flipped on his bed. He sat for what felt like hours, though was only roughly 30 minutes. He decided, after much consideration, that he didn't need to be a knight to go on adventures. Yes, he would be a lone wanderer, never staying in one place too long...He would live off the land and... He stopped. That was ridiculous...He was too coddled in his village....There was no way he was going to survive out on his own. And yet...it called to him. The more he thought, the more it seemed like a good idea. He grabbed his dagger from the cupboard he always kept it in, grabbed some food, a small pack, and went outside. He felt...odd. Like a huge pressure was being lifted. He stepped outside the protective walls, and prepared to brave the dangers that Altera had to offer.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey TicToc824 ! I really like what you have gotten here! Unfortunately, there are a few small things I will need you to work on before I can whitelist you!
  • I do like where you have gone with your story but unfortunately, it is a little short! Please ensure it is at least 400 words long as per application requirements.
  • Do you mind elaborating your power-gaming definition? You can find the server definition in this guide located [here].
Let me know when you have done this by replying to this thread and I will take a look at it ASAP!

TicToc824

Villager
Of course! If you don't mind, I would like to ask, do you mean my revisions to be posted in this reply? Or to redo the thing entirely?

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Nope! Just edit your original post. There should be a edit button at the end of every one of your posts.

TicToc824

TicToc824

Villager
A few more questions, should I change my skin to match the server? Does my story have to be my backstory? and does it have to take place in Alterna?

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey TicToc824 !
So to answer those questions --
  1. Depending what your skin is right now, but yes it will have to be corresponding to your character you have on Hollowworld if you want to rp. That being said, I don't think anyone will mind if you are getting resources from the sorrows in whatever skin you wish (with reasonable limits of course)!
  2. The character and corresponding backstory that features in this whitelist application does not have to be your first character on Hollowworld. Though we do encourage you to make the character you applied on your first character, there is nothing stopping you from changing things around after you are whitelisted (assuming lore compliance).
  3. Yep! It should all take place in Altera.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Ayyyyy! Cool beans!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.