Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished My Final Dungeon - Cursed Gold [400k+ worth of loot]

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Ahh, okay! So they're still available to explore, but much of the risk/reward is past. But still, it may be a good thing to look at to prepare for another event. I'll plan on going exploring, then.

I'm still hoping to come dungeon-crawling with you guys, but if I don't get to, I just wanna say this sounds like a really cool thing you're doing!
Thanks man, I hope you can make it too. Should you not be able, it's definitely worth to see if you can find some loot people might have missed. There's also loot in item frames, which are sometimes pretty well hidden, so there's still a chance for some loot or even a lore item, perhaps less valuable, but lorified with an added description just the same!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've put this at the end of my first dungeon and it's a lot of fun to read back, making me feel very humbled and grateful to the attendees, so I'll put signs up for y'all at the end of my final dungeon too :)
nice dungeon bro.jpg

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
2 more sleepless nights before this goes down. I feel like it's bladdy christmas xD

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Won't be able to attend this, fam is dragging me off for b-day :'^(

AlbaGuBrath

Villager
Okay, so, more newbie questions...

Is there any preparation we should be doing in or out of character?

Are the baddies we're facing like mobs we will have to fight with in-game weapons and armor, or more like DnD monsters that you'll narrate and we narrate our attempted actions? If it is DnD-style, I assume dice rolls will be involved, but how do we do that in-game? In that vein, are "levels" a thing, or are we just to use common sense?

Regarding the spoils of war, how are rewards determined? Do you award them to characters that have done especially well, do we as players discuss how to divide everything, or is it just finders-keepers free-for-all?

My hope is that my computer will cooperate with me, but there's a chance I may experience lag or even be disconnected. Will I still be able to come back if that happens? Similarly, I'm only using the default MC texture pack. Are Conquest or any of the other additions needed for this run?

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend

Are the baddies we're facing like mobs we will have to fight with in-game weapons and armor, or more like DnD monsters that you'll narrate and we narrate our attempted actions? If it is DnD-style, I assume dice rolls will be involved, but how do we do that in-game? In that vein, are "levels" a thing, or are we just to use common sense?

Regarding the spoils of war, how are rewards determined? Do you award them to characters that have done especially well, do we as players discuss how to divide everything, or is it just finders-keepers free-for-all?

My hope is that my computer will cooperate with me, but there's a chance I may experience lag or even be disconnected. Will I still be able to come back if that happens? Similarly, I'm only using the default MC texture pack. Are Conquest or any of the other additions needed for this run?
Hey, gonna field this one, and what I'll put here is general HW event stuff unless there's something otherwise noted in the event post.

If your character knows they're going into a cave, dungeon, ect. then it's acceptable that they would have prepared things like rope, torches, and provisions for however long they thing they'll need.

Mobs do not spawn on the overworld, baddies will be emoted and generally have at least one inital placement marker (wool, someone in a skin for it, ect.) so it is like DnD style. To roll on the server, you use the command /roll d20. Levels are not a thing, we use freeform crp for interpersonal conflict, but in the case of events we generally have an action emote paired with a roll for the ease of the DMs.

Spoils, it's generally a finders keepers thing. However, many people forget that they're not the only ones playing and horde everything. It's mostly just a be considerate to the people you're playing with type thing.

If you disconnect, you can come back with an IC excuse and excuse yourself OOCly. If your internet is being especially spotty you can inform the DM at the top of the dungeon just in case you are booted because of internet problems.
Conquest is the server's offical unoffical texture pack, but it is not required. (Just everything looks a little better. :) )

I hope this helps and answers your questions, and good luck in the event! :D

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

stahp worrying!
Just come to the event and everything will play out nicely xD

AlbaGuBrath

Villager
Thank y'all very much! My move-in was moved to the 1st, so unless I have to babysit or some other obligation, I should be available. I'm looking forward to it, so fingers crossed!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is tonight ladies and gentlemen!
3 hours after me posting this post!
Looking forward to it, get your dungeon-pants on :)

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Can I still sign up a tad bit l8 or that closed~?

lycana

Lord of Altera
Hero
FlyingDingo78900
FlyingDingo78900
Hero
Getting on rn work was hell and my roomie wasnt wanting to get off the computer.