Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Narvendel's Application [Approved - mokwar]

Narvendel

Lord of Altera
About Me!
1. What is your Minecraft username
?
Narvendel

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using personal knowledge not known in-character, and powergaming is forcing actions upon others through roleplay.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!
I've been here twice before, once as a human ranger, once as a dwarven smith (both times affiliated with dwarven kingdoms). I work 56 hours a week on third shift in a factory, so I have little personal time to spare. My tastes in much everything are eclectic. I play MMOs, RPGs, and platformer video games, as well as pencil and paper roleplaying. What little free time that isn't spent on my computer are among friends or reading. My favorite book series is Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Sorry, I don't often have time for artistic creation.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found this server on my own several years ago.

About My Character!
Character Name
:
Desmond Ward

Character Age:
25 Years

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
About 6' in height, around 280 lbs, broad shoulders, and a body type of heavy muscle and fat. Golden blonde hair, blue eyes, tanned skin from sunlight exposure.

Picture of the Skin:
HWskin.png

Written Test!
Another day of blue. Blue as far as the eye could see, apart from the dull brown of the creaking wooden ship beneath my feet and that of the other ships keeping pace. Blue waves, blue sky, darker blues of shapes beneath the waves. Watching the waves was all I could do when I wasn't helping with the rigging.

It had been a couple months since last I'd seen land, with its comparatively dizzying array of colors that I missed so much. The undead had seen to that, taking and taking, like a pallid, personified hunger. Chasing the peoples of Altera to take to the seas in search of a new land, untainted with those shambling, festering wounds that had taken the friends and families of many, including my own.

My family had consisted of only my mother, my much younger brother, and myself. My father was lucky enough to avoid the horrors of those hordes of dead eyes with an early death serving the local lord as a guardsman. Being the eldest male of the family, I had taken up my father's place in service to that same lord. I was often compared to him, and berated for daydreaming while I looked out to the surrounding vibrant, veridian forests and imposing, gray mountains. That's where my true passion lay, exploring the unknown. It was because of this guard post that my life was probably saved, and also why my family had perished.

When the undead attacked, I was on duty, which left me at the fortifications at the center of town and my family at the edge. Citizens flooded in, seeking the safety of the walls, but I didn't see my mother and brother come in with them. Abandoning my post, I raced through the muddy streets, using back ways to avoid most of the undead. There were none around when I arrived home, but the door had been broken in. I knew what probably awaited me, the house was too quiet, but I had to know. The scene inside will forever haunt me, those splashes of deep crimson. I somehow made my way back to the fortification, dazed unable to focus on anything. The days leadng up to the Exodus are a haze to me.

It seems, though, that even the cursed blue oceans are our enemy. Creatures rise from the depths to take more of us, food and drinkable water have become scarce, and madness of not knowing if we'll ever arrive to a new home setting in.

My reverie was broken by a cry rising up from a distant ship. The cry was picked up by those nearby and passed along. "Land! Land!" I looked wildly around, spotting a spot of emerald beauty piercing the endless blue on the horizon. My heart both leapt in excitement and was put at ease. As we aproached there were fields of green everywhere, beautiful, glorious green. Hope welled up inside me that here, now, I'll be able to put my past behind me and make a new life.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.