Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] I'm building us a planet

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
If it would be possible, i'd like to claim the bit of red unclaimed territory south of Cyclophoa for Azerwind.

Azerwind
Population:
596 Million
Human Development Index: 72
Defense Forces: 116
(Yes I'm becoming Active in Nationstates by persuasion of @BarbarianGaming and @Kyle1322 )

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
UPDATE
(See second post of page 1 for updated maps)

Change Log:
> Azerwind confirmed.
> Carausmia reconfirmed.
> Carausmia flag updated.
> Cyclophoa flag updated.
> Dojmiri flag updated.
> Morgnatha flag updated.
> Praelidium flag updated.
> Sprakia flag updated.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
By the by, where is the council building located?
I'd suggest Sincronia.
Sincronia's fine by me.
I would agree for it to be in Sincronia.
Since Arcturix's thread will now begin to directly affect council security measures, I believe this should now be confirmed, assuming all nations still hold to their previous statements.

The new Center of the Democratic Council (CDC, yes) would be located in the city of Korium (check the map and picture at http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/nation-states-the-dominion-of-sincronia.31981/ ). As for which building the CDC would be, I would suggest the dome at the base of the two large towers. Security wise, a domed building is much safer in the event of an attack than two tall skyscrapers are (I can already see a 9/11 attempt happening if we use towers...).

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
meee? Wat i did?
Well, you're beginning a conversation about how to prevent another council disaster from occurring. If Sincronia is indeed the host nation of the CDC (I'm open to other suggestions on the building name), then we'll need to take responsibility, at least in part, and outline new security procedures we intend to enact.

If Sincronia's not the host nation, then we need to know who to point the finger at.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Well, you're beginning a conversation about how to prevent another council disaster from occurring. If Sincronia is indeed the host nation of the CDC (I'm open to other suggestions on the building name), then we'll need to take responsibility, at least in part, and outline new security procedures we intend to enact.

If Sincronia's not the host nation, then we need to know who to point the finger at.
Aaah, right, sorry, I didn't make the link at first glance.

And I would like to offer the suggestion of the CDC switching names to the ''LNC'', the League of Nations Center.

Delta_61251

Lord of Altera
Since Arcturix's thread will now begin to directly affect council security measures, I believe this should now be confirmed, assuming all nations still hold to their previous statements.

The new Center of the Democratic Council (CDC, yes) would be located in the city of Korium (check the map and picture at http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/nation-states-the-dominion-of-sincronia.31981/ ). As for which building the CDC would be, I would suggest the dome at the base of the two large towers. Security wise, a domed building is much safer in the event of an attack than two tall skyscrapers are (I can already see a 9/11 attempt happening if we use towers...).
Hey, that's not too far from Praelidium. :) Heck, Praelidium is on the map

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
It would appear that Mad Kindar is interested in joining our RP.

If it is agreeable to @Dr.Patriot and @Exosferik , I would like to reallocate the western "archipelago" (not quite, but close enough) of Sprakia to the nation of Mad Kindar to put it on the map. If this works for both of you, great; if not, we'll need to figure out somewhere to place Mad Kindar.

Though there are technically unclaimed islands left on the map, I feel it is advisable to leave them as demilitarized zones. Mad Kindar is welcome to claim said islands, but they are right between Arcturix and Mechanica Rationalis. If any war ever breaks out between those two nations (there's always a looming threat of such), then Mad Kindar would instantly become a battleground.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
It would appear that Mad Kindar is interested in joining our RP.

If it is agreeable to @Dr.Patriot and @Exosferik , I would like to reallocate the western "archipelago" (not quite, but close enough) of Sprakia to the nation of Mad Kindar to put it on the map. If this works for both of you, great; if not, we'll need to figure out somewhere to place Mad Kindar.

Though there are technically unclaimed islands left on the map, I feel it is advisable to leave them as demilitarized zones. Mad Kindar is welcome to claim said islands, but they are right between Arcturix and Mechanica Rationalis. If any war ever breaks out between those two nations (there's always a looming threat of such), then Mad Kindar would instantly become a battleground.
I would like to notify that I may or may not ( *winks* ) a conquest of those islands, as shown on ''Operation Paladin''. As so, I support the suggestion of not using them (the islands between Mechanica and Arcturix).

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I would like to notify that I may or may not ( *winks* ) a conquest of those islands, as shown on ''Operation Paladin''. As so, I support the suggestion of not using them (the islands between Mechanica and Arcturix).
I'd prefer them being left unused for the sake of other players joining up, not just for future RP for current players.

Also, you can't really claim anything OOCly without passing a voting poll where every player is down for it.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I'd prefer them being left unused for the sake of other players joining up, not just for future RP for current players.

Also, you can't really claim anything OOCly without passing a voting poll where every player is down for it.
What do you mean?
If I have to pass an OOC vote in order to be able to act in RP, excuse me, but that's a pretty crappy new thing. I don't recall you asking me if I wanted to prevent you OOCly from having the Anchorage island. besides, even if we did kept them for new players, I don't really see the point in, as Sinclair said, being a 5 million inhabitant tiny island nation between two rival giants. And to be fair and honest, even if someone starts there, the invasion would happen anyway. It's exactly because it's an horrible starting location that I made warplans to take it, seeing as nobody ever saw interest in it.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Then I don't suppose you recall the vote that went down to allow me to claim Anchorage?

I'm advocating a system where people need to be OOCly or RPly fine with land being taken on the world map. If Operation Paladin fails to justify capturing the islands then I'd propose an RP council vote to have the Council simply not recognize the land claim. I had to be allowed to take new land, why shouldn't everyone else?

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Then I don't suppose you recall the vote that went down to allow me to claim Anchorage?

I'm advocating a system where people need to be OOCly or RPly fine with land being taken on the world map. If Operation Paladin fails to justify capturing the islands then I'd propose an RP council vote to have the Council simply not recognize the land claim. I had to be allowed to take new land, why shouldn't everyone else?
I don't recalled the vote was to /allow/ you to claim anchorage, no, because that makes no sense, simply because it's the same as Russia in Ukraine. It's not because the UN votes that ''there shouldn't be a rebellion'' that the rebellion won't happen. It's not because you decided to pass a vote that ''allows'' you, that you can't afterwards if the vote isn't in your favor. Do you think that if someone passes a vote on weither he/she can invade something, the vote would pass? Of course not, because it advantages him and not the others! If our political actions are to be determined by an OOC all-powered vote, then I don't what to say, but i'd be /very/ disappointed.

If however you want to pass a /RP/ vote between the /RP/ nation to take action, put sanctions, or not recognize the lands as legitimate, go ahead! I'd be completely up for that! But putting invisible walls/limits in OOC that influence RP is something I was never fond of, on any platform or context. If I have a big army, and I want to invade a neutral land, and that doesn't influence wrongly anyone's position, I should be fully able to do it, its as simple as it gets to me. You wanted to make the elevator, and you worked hard for it, I saw and see no problem and no opposition to it.

it's a hostile invasion for no clear reason. I can't imagine any justification...
I don't see how buying-off an island is necessarily better. It's all a matter of viewpoints, really, and it's all /RP/, remember.