Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Outdated [NationStates] Introduction and Information

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
What is NationStates?
NationStates is a political simulation game based around economic, political, and civil rights issues that are presented to the player. The HollowWorld variant of NationStates is slightly different, as all the nations are invited to play in one 'region', which becomes the world for all those players. Through forum integration, the Regional Message Board in the NationStates region (RMB), and other means of communication, players can RP as their nations in a modern, politically focused setting.

Well, what’s our variant?
This is currently still a work in progress, but basically it would work along these principles.

• The issues received via the game are not the be all and end all. They can be used as stimulus for RP or any other writing you wish to partake in, but they are not the be all and end all. While they do affect the stats of the game, which are more important, it’s advised you approach them with what angle your nation would approach them as, since they’re not all just fluff text.
  • Statistics of your nation are influential to a degree. We’re not going to number wank for this game, but the stats are important. Countries with bigger defense scores will have larger militaries, and ones with lower economies will not be as prosperous as other countries. These are derived from issues, so it is important to focus somewhat on them, as stated before. These are also not everything, but they are still important.
  • I will be DM’ing the experience, adding to what lack of global control there was in previous games. This means that I will not participate as a player in the game. I am open to having others also DM with me, and if you are interested in it, please just shoot me up with a convo. The reason for this is to enforce consequences/allow for a wider range of actions to take place, rather than just a slow progression of good among the states.

• This also means that I will be giving some people negative/destructive consequences for their actions. I will never try to be unfair, but I do want it to be more favoured than the previous games have been. If you have an issue with something, please, just let me know.

• The DM’ing will work along the lines of a turn based game. Everyone will take a turn, and from that, they will receive negative/positive consequences based off their actions. This still needs to be fleshed out, but it will be along these lines. Just off the top of my head, these actions could range from anything about stamping down on protesters, to hosting olympic games, to sending spies to other nations.
  • There will also be a presence of strategic resources among the map, to encourage a bit of meaningful conflict among the participants. This will done completely at random when I create the map. This will add to the overall experience for the game, and allow for things to go a bit more than before.
How do I join?
Currently, we are still in the process of developing the world, so there is no joining yet. This also implies that one SHOULD NOT CREATE A NATION JUST YET. I think I should stress this just a bit.

Once it comes to creating a nation, simply navigate to [Here], where you will be prompted to fill in a wide variety of details for your nation. Once you have done that, you should be able to continue onto a questionnaire, where you will be asked to answer a few more questions. Once done that, you have your own nation, congratulations!

To join the region, you need to navigate to the sidebar underneath the top left corner, and click on the flag icon above the 'World Assembly' tab. Once there, you need to find a line of text reading 'Tired of life in ...'. Click that button and then in the search bar up the top, search for our region name, which we’ve still got to come up with, so just hold on for that. Where the text was previously there should be a new button, click it to move your nation to that region and fill in the password. Tada, you're all good to to play!

What next?
Once in the game, you can do many different things. You can write up forum posts detailing your nation, you can write up factbooks for you nation as well if you wish to, you can interact with other nations through the RMB, form alliances, go to war, ect ... The possibilities are endless!

For now though, we are currently still setting up, so I do ask that anyone remotely interested shares their opinion on the topic, and helps out with the world building. This is really a community game, and it does take some effort, but it is a hella lotta fun for anyone inclined to a more political RP scenario.

Colonelgames Shadowtech11 BoredBrit Cymic_ Catena SirLuamTehDoge Old-Seadog Bobert TheSkye K9 Sankera Wandering Ranger Jstar Raphael Payne Bitann

1/2

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
For all those who are still interested, there will be a proper world building thread that I don't just chuck together in half a heartbeat, and from there, we can head into the fun stuff.

2/2

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
There's like 3 Altera regions already lol

I'd hop in but all my nations are 1 billion+ large