Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Nuclear proliferation. . .

Teeke

Lord of Altera
I was wondering if there's a set way to claim that a nation has nuclear arms, and if so how many nukes can a nation claim?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
There is currently no system in place for a nation to claim the possession of nuclear armaments as dialogue was held in the Council of Altera in efforts to prohibit the possession of nuclear armaments. One resolution was put to a vote, but it did not pass on the grounds that the wording of the resolution rendered it insufficient and useless. A draft for a replacement resolution was then proposed, and discussion was held for ensuring sufficient wording of the replacement resolution. However, this replacement resolution died in discussion due to the appearance of other events and a lack of changes from the proposer of the replacement resolution: myself.

I've finally submitted a final version of the replacement resolution to put up for vote, thanks to your reminding me that said resolution has faded into obscurity. If the resolution passes, then no system will be implemented for claiming nuclear arms as nuclear arms will be banned. If the resolution passes, then we'll have to figure out a system to implement. Until the vote, though, there is no system as the need for said system is still in question.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
What about countries that don't honor such treaties? IE: nations that are capable of producing nuclear arms within their own borders?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
The resolution would apply to "all nations not seeking to be regarded as an enemy state by said Council of Altera". In other words, if you don't honor the treaty, you're no longer a part of the Council of Altera, and you're then viewed as an enemy of the Council of Altera. Anyone who wants to is welcome to leave the council, but I can't say it's a wise move.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
The resolution would apply to "all nations not seeking to be regarded as an enemy state by said Council of Altera". In other words, if you don't honor the treaty, you're no longer a part of the Council of Altera, and you're then viewed as an enemy of the Council of Altera. Anyone who wants to is welcome to leave the council, but I can't say it's a wise move.
Saelihn is asking if there's anything special to go through to claim the ability of nuclear weapons.

I.E. Are nuclear weapons counted as a special tech that you have to earn?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Basically, my response is that I'm stalling until the verdict on the resolution vote is out, mostly because I'm lazy. If the resolution passes, then there's no need to think up a system for how to get nukes. If it fails, then I'll think of something.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
If even one country doesn't want to abide by the nuclear proliferation treatise then wouldn't it make sense to have a system in place?
And even if a country SAYS they will abide, doesn't mean they will.

My point is, there should be a system in place for creating WMD.
I'd like to just point to Arms Manufacturing as a place to look for how many WMD someone might be able to produce. . . ?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Eh, fair point, I suppose...

And that's true; the Arms Manufacturing may be a place to start.

I'll start thinking of a system, but I have no idea how long it will take for me to do so. Most of the stuff I come up with is spontaneous, really; it pops into my head and I mull it over for a while until I've got a good idea of how to go about whatever it is I'm thinking of.